Fast Times At Sunnydale High discussion

The Group > How Active Would You Like To Be?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (new)

Bill | 55 comments Mod
So...

We recently had a poster who said we weren't active enough as a group. I thought our group looked pretty active to me. So did my wife, who posts here, too.

I was thinking of watching through all seven seasons of Buffy, and all five seasons of Angel, one episode per day, and then commenting about each episode.

Those of you who have the complete sets of Buffy and Angel (and shame on you if you don't!) could watch right along with me/us. We could pick a day -- let's say one week from now -- and start with Buffy Episode 1 Season One. Then post our thoughts on the show, one new thread per episode.

We could even do that with Firefly, another Joss Whedon gem.

In the end, we'll have watched through every episode (all 145 of Buffy, all 111 of Angel, all 14 episodes of Firefly), commented on each, and can then look back to see a flurry of activity that lasted nearly through 2011.

What do you think of that idea? Too active? Not active enough?

Other possibilities...

Book discussion -- pick a novel and/or graphic novel and read it as a group, then talk about it.

Organized protest -- does anyone really want to see a movie called Buffy the Vampire Slayer without Joss Whedon at the helm? I don't. And I think we should let the studio know (if you haven't already).

Fan fiction -- start a thread that's a serialization, a story that someone starts that everyone can take part in writing. Or, one person starts and finishes the fiction thread while we read and comment.

I'm open to your suggestions. Tell me what you think about my ideas, or post some of your own.

Thanks!

Bill

message 2: by Bill (new)

Bill | 55 comments Mod
I thought of another cool thing to do: interview people associated with Buffy, Angel, or Firefly.

Long shot, I know. But my background is doing just that - interviewing artists of all kinds. I may be able to pull off an interview.

Would that be of interest to you?

message 3: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (jeffbickley) I'm all for starting the series again with season one. I don't think I can commit to an episode a day, though. I can probably do several a week. We're watching too many current shows for me to be able to watch one every day.

message 4: by Bill (new)

Bill | 55 comments Mod
@Jeff, I don't imagine too many people could watch one episode per day. My wife and I could. So maybe we should just do it and whomever can join in will join in when/if they can.

What other shows are you watching?

message 5: by Jeff (last edited Jan 08, 2011 12:06PM) (new)

Jeff (jeffbickley) Bones, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Two-and-a-half Men, Leverage, The Closer, The Mentalist, Castle, Modern Family, No Ordinary Family (another Angel/Buffy ex in that one), and old episodes of the CSI franchise when we run out of other stuff. We also just started watching Better With You. Going to give Off the Map a shot next week, along with a new SyFy show, Being Human. Oh...I forgot Vampire Diaries.

message 6: by Bill (new)

Bill | 55 comments Mod
Do you actually have time to eat, sleep, and work? :)

And I thought WE had a lot of watching to do!

message 7: by Bill (new)

Bill | 55 comments Mod
What do you think of Castle? And are there as many references to Firefly in the episodes as some people claim?

We own Seasons One and Two on DVD. But we haven't watched them yet. We saw a few episodes on TV. Anything with Nathan is worth watching! But now we want to see all of them in order.

message 8: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (jeffbickley) Castle rocks! And yes, there are "shoutouts" to Firefly. I've only caught a couple though. There may be some that I didn't catch. There was one that I didn't get until someone else pointed it out to me.

As for eating, sleeping, etc...I'll just say I don't know how we survived before DVR! We never watch anything on its original night. We just watch when we can. Sometimes we watch a lot of TV on weekends, just to get caught up.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi i am so in on a re-watch but maybe two or three a week. I could do that!

message 10: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawn_nicole) | 1 comments I am ALL for the Organized protest. This is the first I heard of a BTVS movie coming out in the near future. But no Joss Whedon?!!! Do we have more information on this? There wasn't much on IMDB.com.

Not sure I can do an episode a day but I can try to do a few a week as well. :)

message 11: by Joy (new)

Joy Hey Bill that sounds fun to talk about the episodes - as for one a day sometimes I will watch four a day or none! But i'm sure like me others are die hard fans who will be able to talk about the episodes from memory anyway!