Amazon Kindle discussion

Ebk/Pbk Giveaway "Torc of Moonlight SE"

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda Acaster (goodreadscomlindaacaster) | 51 comments Goodreads has given the green light to my giveaway of 5 pbk copies of "Torc of Moonlight", but I can only offer it to UK readers.

To me, in this digital age, this seems a mite unfair to e-reader owners, so running alongside the official printbook giveaway I'm offering 10 ebook copies.

My blog on Goodreads, post 7th January, carries the details.

As an aside, has anyone heard if Goodreads is considering adding digital giveaways to printbook giveaways?

Ralph Gallagher | 327 comments Mod
Linda wrote: "As an aside, has anyone heard if Goodreads is considering adding digital giveaways to printbook giveaways? "

They're considering it, but until they've worked out all the kinks, they're not going to be having ebook giveaways. They don't want to go through with it unless they're got most of the problems worked out. At least this is what I read in one of the feedback groups the other day.

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda Acaster (goodreadscomlindaacaster) | 51 comments Thanks for that insight, Ralph; I'm most obliged. It takes time to get to grips with the enormous swathe of threads on this site and I just know I'm missing important info.

message 4: by Eric_W (new)

Eric_W (ericw) Linda wrote: "Goodreads has given the green light to my giveaway of 5 pbk copies of "Torc of Moonlight", but I can only offer it to UK readers.

To me, in this digital age, this seems a mite unfair to e-reader..."

Check out http://www.netgalley.com/ for ARC in digital format.

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda Acaster (goodreadscomlindaacaster) | 51 comments Eric: thanks for pointing me to netgalley.com. I've bookmarked it.