A Separate Peace A Separate Peace discussion

all time favorite classic

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bonnie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bonnie This is the only book I read for school that I actually read again. I LOVED it and think it really does touch on how there is good and evil in all of us.

Charlie This is a great book. The entire time, I never had a notion that the main character might end up hurting Phineas; however, I have to say that it's a good ending, and a very fitting one at that.

I'm certain you have, but if you haven't read The Cathcer in the Rye by J.D Salinger, you should definitely read that, as this book is much akin to it.

Michaela I'm currently rereading this. I loved it when I first read it, but there were a lot of things about it I didn't understand before because I was younger. It is the saddest book I've ever read. Excellent, but very sad.

Josie E. I verry much disliked this book. The story draged on and the charaters were somewhat annoying. It was not at all sad. The ending makes a good satement but by the time you get through all the fluff you just dont care. The plot of the story was this: poor little rich boy jounces a limb on a tree becuse he had an anoying friend on the tree with him that he subconsuley wanted gone. Friend falls friend breaks leg frined finds out poor little rich boy did it he gets upset falls down starcase died. Poor little rich boy fells guilty. I relly wanted to like this when i read it for school but it put me to sleep. It did not explain at all what adolesence is like.

Feliks Huge props to the OP. An unsung classic. A book that needs to be talked about more.

Pay no attention to this 'Josie' (last post prior to mine). Totally just doesn't get it. No way she could get it.