Cassandra Clare Book Fans discussion

The Mortal Instruments > City of Fallen Angels (#4 Mortal Instruments

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsey, Goodreads keeps screwing up on me, so I'm not on much (last edited Feb 05, 2011 02:41PM) (new)

Chelsey (-chelsey-) | 35 comments Mod

City of Fallen Angels is the forth book in the Mortal Instruments series! It comes April 5th, 2011.
[image error]

Here is an article on Twishort that explains the cover:
http://twishort.com/ab5rx

As it mentions, this cover is a bit different from others in the series. (two people, Clary's face is shown, etc.) This is because this is a new trilogy in the series, the second cycle.

In her own words, Clare summarizes City of Fallen Angels: "City of Fallen Angels takes place after the events of City of Glass. It splits its focus between Jace and Clary and Clary's best friend, Simon, and how he adjusts to life as a vampire, but it's still an ensemble-cast story, and all the characters from the Mortal Instruments series appear in it: Jace, Isabelle, Alec, Magnus, Luke, Jocelyn, Maia, and many more. (It even helps to have read The Clockwork Angel before you read [City of Fallen Angels], because some of the characters from the [Infernal Devices] series do show up in it. However, it isn’t required.)"

"In City of Fallen Angels, someone's killing the Shadowhunters who used to be in Valentine's Circle and leaving their bodies around New York City in a manner designed to provoke hostility between Downworlders and Shadowhunters. Internecine warfare among vampires is ripping the Downworld community apart, and only Simon — the Daylighter who everyone wants on their side — can decide the outcome; too bad he wants nothing to do with Downworld politics. Meanwhile Jace and Clary investigate a mystery that has deeply personal consequences for them — consequences that may strengthen their relationship, or rip it apart forever. Love, blood, betrayal and revenge: the stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels."

This book is mostly about Simon, and how he adjusts to his life as a vampire.

-The view will be switched a lot, especially between Simon, Clary, and Jace.

-Alec & Mangus Bane? We'll just have to see how their relationship develops.

-SPOILERS: Read City of Glass- Jace & Clary. Now that they know that they are not siblings, what will their relationship have in store? It is said that they decide to explore into something which changes Jace, and does something to them both.

It has also been said that some names from "The Clockwork Angel" like Will and Camille will be mentioned. I think Camille actually has a conversation with Mangus Bane. Then Alec overhears...

I think this is going to be yet another great book in the Immortal Instruments series!

Aidos!
Chelsey :)

message 2: by Chelsey, Goodreads keeps screwing up on me, so I'm not on much (new)

Chelsey (-chelsey-) | 35 comments Mod
OMG IT'S HERE!! TODAY, APRIL 5TH!!! YES!!!!!
SO EXCITED!!! ;D

message 3: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennachristy) I just finished it yesterday. Still in withdrawal stage. lol.

message 4: by Lana (new)

Lana (lanajade) Just read it! Read my review, if you want. It was great!