Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

Spiritual Events & Discussion > 2012 The End of the World?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Jayda | 2300 comments Mod
2012 end of the world is based on the Mayan calendar, not on church doctrine. The date of the "end of the world" isn't a set one yet. Just as Christ always says in the Doctrine and Covenants, the day of His coming is not known among man. So December 21 2012 is likely not the date of the end of the world. Now, if the Prophet says it is then there you go - it's true. But we know not of the time of His coming, and there are actually quite a few more signs that have to come to pass before He can actually come. I'm not saying we have 100 years left, but who knows? No one. We just need to be prepared and vigilant, and follow the teachings of the Prophets.

If you want to learn more I suggest you go to lds.org and research it. There are even books called "...As a Thief in the Night...": A Resource/Reference Book to Assist in Identifying Kingdoms and Events of the Last Years Before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ and "..And There Shall Be Signs.." and other books by him that help put into perspective all of the signs that have been predicted by the Prophets and Apostles about the end of the world/the Second Coming. Just make sure that the stuff about the Second Coming is written by church members/Apostles before you take any of it seriously.

message 2: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

When you get your Patriarchal Blessing it should say something about whether or not you'll become a mom and a wife. I know what you mean.

Just remember, that what happens is what God intends to happen. He gives us things so that we can become stronger. I used to be really frightened of the Second Coming, and honestly I still get a little nervous from time to time thinking about it. It is possible that during the Second Coming some members' bodies will not be strong enough to fight off disease, and others won't be able to avoid some of the events that will occur. But what happens has to happen. God intended it to be that way, and He does these things to make us stronger and better people.

If you're seriously frightened I recommend talking to your Bishop about it (ask him any questions you have, that sort of thing) and ask for a blessing of comfort. Study the signs but realize that we are a time away from the Second Coming. We come closer to it day by day, but no one knows when it will be, whether it be 5 years from now or 100. Just try to be prepared, and try to be a missionary. That's really all one can do, honestly. Study the words of the Prophets, work on getting food storage and do as you're supposed to do.

message 3: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

You're welcome :) I recommend when you get a blessing is that you listen for specific instruction and follow it. I find that in almost every single blessing I receive that there is usually some form of instruction on how to make the blessing help, even if it's just believing in its power. And Patriarchal blessings are amazing things. It's such an exciting and amazing experience!

message 4: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Josie wrote: "I know if these signs and of doctrine teachings, but I am worried about me family and friends and everyone who has not been baptised or become a mormon I am worried that someone in my family will d..."

I forget where, but in the Book of Mormon somewhere it says that those who would have accepted the gospel if they learned about it in this life, die, then they will still be able to accept the gospel in the next life.

message 5: by Hannah (last edited Jan 11, 2011 02:10PM) (new)

Hannah | 631 comments We also know that the 2nd coming won't come till the gospel has spread to every continent and the gospel has been proclaimed to the 4 corners of the earth, and penatrated to every continent of the earth. There are still some places it hasn't reached. I;m sure we'll also know when the time is near. Believe me, I am scared some times. Wondering what it will be like. The best advice I can give you is, trust in the Lord. Pray about it. He will give you comfort and Strength

I'm sorry about your family. All I have to say is continue loving and praying for them. Maybe one day(or when the time is right) from your example they'll come unto Christ.

Jayda has given some great advice. If you need anything, I'll be happy to help answer questions or anything.

message 6: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Josie wrote: "well it is not that my family hasn't accepted the gospel it is just that some of them have not been baptised yet"

Because they're not old enough, or because they haven't decided to be baptized yet? If a child dies before they're 8 years old they will automatically go to the Celestial Kingdom. Hopefully death doesn't occur, but know that either way things happen, God intended them to be that way.

Hannah's post was great. God will strengthen you. Put all of your faith and trust in Him.

message 7: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments That's right. God will help everyone. Some of us have faithful families, but other challenges. Some don't. God will helps us according to our circumstances. He is our superhero, our lighthouse, or Saviour. He's our Shepherd.

message 8: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Then if they for some reason were to pass before they're baptized they will be made whole and go directly to the Celestial Kingdom :)

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments You are welcome Josie!

message 10: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

You're welcome! :) We're here if you ever need help!

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Your Welcome

message 12: by Clarissa (last edited Feb 24, 2011 05:53PM) (new)

Clarissa (lemai123) | 248 comments Did you know that the scientist that read the Mayan calendar read it wrong. They missed that date along time ago. Just a fun fact.

message 13: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Yep, I read about that. Crazy, huh?

message 14: by Clarissa (new)

Clarissa (lemai123) | 248 comments I don't remember.

message 15: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Clarissa wrote: "Did you know that the scientist that read the Mayan calendar read it wrong. They missed that date along time ago. Just a fun fact."

*cracks up*

message 16: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Good! :D

☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (oceangirl300) | 259 comments This is very weird?
Th wrold is not ending next year! We don't know when the end of the world is!

message 18: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments But we'll know as it closer.

☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (oceangirl300) | 259 comments Josie wrote: "yeah good point"

Thank you!

☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (oceangirl300) | 259 comments Hannah wrote: "But we'll know as it closer."

Yes , the signs.

message 21: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

That's the thing - we don't KNOW when it's going to happen. That's why we must be prepared always for the coming of the Lord. It could be tomorrow, it could be 50 years from now, or beyond that. There are specific signs that have yet to occur (like 2 Apostles being killed in the streets in... Israel or Jerusalem, some Middle Eastern country, and then being raised from the dead a few days later) that we should be looking for to happen because the more these sorts of things happen the sooner it'll be. But we never know when it'll happen.

message 22: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Exactly. That's partly why it can be so scary. But we just have to trust in God and everything will be fine.

Jayda: I didn't know about some of those signs you mentioned. It's probably in scripture I just never got that out of it. :D Where is it?

message 23: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (last edited Apr 25, 2011 03:31PM) (new)

Exactly!

It's not scripture, it's revelation from modern day Prophets :) Read "..And There Shall Be Signs.." and "...As a Thief in the Night...": A Resource/Reference Book to Assist in Identifying Kingdoms and Events of the Last Years Before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ by Roger K. Young and his other books about the Second Coming. They're very informative :) And a little scary, considering just how much has actually happened already.

message 24: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments I know. Thanks for the reference. We actually might have some....I don't know though. :D

message 25: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

No problem :) My family owns the two books I mentioned, but none of his more recent ones. They're really good :)

message 26: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments I bet. I'll have to browse the shelves. We have so many church books......

Speaking of which...is there are topic for that? I was just gonna ask you about a book, but I'm not sure this is the right topic. :D

message 27: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I know, we do too :) We have so many books, in general. It's a little ridiculous! In a good way, of course :)

Ummm... I'm not sure. I'll look, and if not I'll make one really quickly :)

message 28: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Thanks.

Ditto! I love Books. My own personal collection excedes 100 books. :D

message 29: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I'm not sure HOW many books I have... I just know that my shelves are stacked with them :) Haha

message 30: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Same. I have run out of shelf space. Partly because I've shared with my sister and I put my CD's and movies there to..But if I were to take them out....I'd probably still not have room. I love it! :D

message 31: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I love books sooo much! :) I've run out of shelving room, too :P Haha. I have all of my journals and CDs on there too, and my jewelry box... If I were able to move all of those I'd probably have enough space for a few more books

message 32: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Same here. I have this one shelf that is Jewelry and stuff and that would definatly help, but I have nowhere else to put it. :D

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

That is AWESOME! I want that... we could make our gameroom like that, but we're about to move.

message 34: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Josie wrote: "We have a room in my house that has book shelves all around the walls and they are filled up:]"

EPIC!!!!!!

Alex wrote: "That is AWESOME! I want that... we could make our gameroom like that, but we're about to move."

Where are you moving?

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

no clue. I have a favorite place I'd love to move to, but I think we'll move somewhere closer to here. We just need a smaller house.

message 36: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Ah. Gotcha. :D

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Where is the fav place?

message 38: by Fairyheart5 (last edited Apr 15, 2012 09:57PM) (new)

Fairyheart5 | 60 comments Oh yes everyone is going to die this December.
(sarcasm ends here)
No of course not! No one knows when the world will end, and no one knows when the rapture will take place! (and the sooner people realize that the better)

Speaking of which does anyone remember that guy running around who said that the rapture would take place May 21, 2011? ... well we're still here...

message 39: by Vin (new)

Vin | 127 comments Lol yes. I remember that. I also don't believe the world is going to end in December.

Hannah wrote: "Where is the fav place?"

Prescott, arizona. My cousins live there, and its absolutely beautiful. :)

message 40: by Fairyheart5 (new)

Fairyheart5 | 60 comments Yeah I also don't see why those people would give up all their stuff though. Even if I was 100 percent positive that the rapture would happen tomorrow, I still wouldn't try and sell all my belongings, since it wouldn't really matter.

message 41: by Vin (new)

Vin | 127 comments Yup. That doesn't make any sense. I would probably go hang out with the people I love most, waste all my money on a flight to Prescott, and read my scriptures.

message 42: by Fairyheart5 (new)

Fairyheart5 | 60 comments I'd probably just sit around and do normal every day stuff.

message 43: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn One thing. The end of the World will be when no one expects it. and it won't be the end of the world. it will be the second coming.

message 44: by Vin (new)

Vin | 127 comments True.

message 45: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn yep. :)

message 46: by Clarissa (new)

Clarissa (lemai123) | 248 comments If I had to choose a day it will happen on or around I say April 6th. Since a lot of things happened around on that day.

message 47: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn :O

message 48: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn and plus, Their will be some times that we need to go through first. You will know it will be soon when God and Jesus tells us to pack everything we need and go to Zion or a Zion community.

message 49: by Fairyheart5 (last edited May 20, 2012 09:40PM) (new)

Fairyheart5 | 60 comments That's true Katilyn, several things need to happen first before God will end the world. One being the seven year tribulation.

message 50: by Lindsey (last edited May 20, 2012 09:45PM) (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Could you get me a reference on that( the seven year tribulation)? I'm jsut curious...can't remember if Iv'e heard that before, or where it is in the Bible.

By the way, did anyone watch the solar eclipse today? It was SO awesome!!!

« previous 1