Clean Teen Reads discussion

Discussions About Books > hard copy or e-book?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a question. I'm considering putting my YA fantasy series ALLON into e-book form. Book 1 is the responsibility of my publisher and would need some convincing from readers by either going to Amazon and clicking the 'ebook request' button on ALLON Book 1 page or contacting Strang Communications directly.

But before moving forward, I wanted to get some feedback to learn if teens read e-books on Kindle.

Thanks!

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 07, 2011 09:11AM) (new)

I want a Kindle soooo badlyyyy!
Cuz it's not as heavy as the four or five huge books i would take on a trip, and the books to download are much cheaper.
Of course, every serious reader has this 'thing' about hardcovers (Hardcover complete works of Shakespeare, Hardcover boxed set of Jane Austen's complete works, Nicholas' Spark's hardcover books, etc.....) But if I had a kindle almost all my books except for my collector's editions would be on my Kindle. I WANT A KINDLE lol

so i guess my answer is i would read books on a kindle more often :P

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, Averi.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I read hardbacks, i cant afford a kindle and my parents arent about to buy me one, so i just read books. and even if i had the money to buy a kindle i dont think i would buy it.

Btw, Averi, i wonder who likes hardback Nicholas Sparks!?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL, Kalli. You shouldn't read and drive at the same time. :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, we're doing it - converting ALLON Book 2 - INSURRECTION into the Kindle format. A lot of work, hopefully will be available within a month.

message 7: by Neveen (new)

Neveen (neveenbadr) Hard copies all the way :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 13, 2011 04:11AM) (new)

Thanks,Nevey Berry,but be assured, the books are available in paperback. I'm merely expanding to offer e-books as a option. I've requests from people in other countries since e-books are easier than ordering and shipping paperbacks.

message 9: by Neveen (new)

Neveen (neveenbadr) I know e-books are easier.I love paperbakc more because I feel to fall a sleep with a book between my arms.

P.S. I live in Egypt and getting books takes so long that it drives me mad...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hope you are safe in Egypt.

message 11: by Neveen (new)

Neveen (neveenbadr) I am :) thanks so much for caring :) ...

message 12: by Flamestar/Landon, The Clean Cat (new)

Flamestar/Landon (flamestar) | 70 comments Mod
my sister uses a Nook. she also has a goodreads and is my twin

message 13: by Neveen (new)

Neveen (neveenbadr) Flamestar/Landon wrote: "my sister uses a Nook. she also has a goodreads and is my twin"

That's so cute to have a twin sister :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Be ready! The e-books of ALLON are coming!

message 15: by !?!BOoK LOvEr!?! (new)

!?!BOoK LOvEr!?! | 17 comments I storngly agree with Hard Copies :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed. However, since the tremendous sale of Kindle at Christmas, I've had requests for e-books. So soon ALLON will be coming to a Kindle near you.

message 17: by !?!BOoK LOvEr!?! (new)

!?!BOoK LOvEr!?! | 17 comments Are you talking to me Shawn???

message 18: by !?!BOoK LOvEr!?! (new)

!?!BOoK LOvEr!?! | 17 comments Are you saying that Kindle is coming near where I live??? I'm so confused :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Hannah, I'm saying I agree, I too prefer hard copies of books but my fantasy series, ALLON, is going to be coming out in e-book for Kindle very soon due to the requests I have been getting.

message 20: by Emily (new)

Emily | 5 comments Hmmm, looks like this last comment was over a month ago, but I think I will put in my two bits about e-book/kindle/nook.

The one drawback I am hung up on about a kindle (or the like) is that it is harder to share. I like being able to pass books around between my sisters, sister in laws, friends, etc. When you put a book on kindle it is just for you, unless you are going to share your kindle which partly defeats the purpose.

That said, I guess I am a fence sitter. I love the idea and concept of a kindle/e-books. But I like having a hard copy too.

Anyone else??

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess soo..... but i live in a small town with a small library, so the amount of books i can get is raather restricted. i like the idea cuz its cheaper :D

message 22: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Knight (KatrinaKnight) | 2 comments I havent really read all the posts here yet so i feel kind of bad about posting...however...although books and stories online are ok.... there is nothing like holding a hard copy book between your hands, (preferably leather bound) the smell of the ink, the smell of the glue the smell of the leather and the smell of just how wonderful the written word can be. The book itself if half the thrill of the story. this ofcourse is more so true with old litature. anyway im done haha

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

you joined! hehe. Don't feel bad about it, there's a lot of posts :P
I agree. I can't read Shakespeare online at spark notes. it's not just the same. I need the hardcover, leather bound, collector's edition. mwahaha. much like my Jane Austen collection. but new, ditzy, shallow books are fine to read online or ebooks :P

message 24: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie (mackenzied) | 5 comments It seems like a lot of people I know have already got a Kindle and the only way to "lend"books to your friends is to have an other Kindle. And it would be good for road trips and it is cheaper to!!!

But I would miss the weight of the book on my lap and turning the pages.

message 25: by D (new)

D (dizzypal99) I read ebooks because they are cheaper and come faster. No shipping!