Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Secret Chick Exchange *updated 1/18*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 108 (108 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod

What that means, anyone interested signs up. When you sign up you COMMIT to participate. This isnt for everyone but it is fun for everyone that participates.

Everyone who signs up will need to message me their address.
After the 14th I will divy up names to everyone and secretly message you back with the name and address of the person you've been assigned.
Then you will pick out one gift no more than 5.00 and send it to your secret chick.
You then get to sit by your mailbox and wait anxiously for your gift.
When your gift comes it can NOT be opened until feb 14th (our anniversary day). On the 14th come back here and open your package and get to know your secret chick.

Like the bookmark exchange but even more so if you sign up for this please please please please be sure you can do this. By signing up you are committing to the process of buying and sending a gift to another. It breaks my heart when someone doesn't get a gift because their chick didn't follow through. I cant muddle things around to work the way I am able to if a bookmark doesn't show up. So look at the dates and the set up of this exchange and only sign up if you are sure you can commit.

One more thing...
When you sign up tell us a few things about you that might help your secret chick, fav author, color, hobby, things you collect, anything you can think of that will help her when she is ready to shop for you.

Send off date will be 2/7

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Count me in Tera!

Since I don't have favorite authors (I have favorite books) best I can say when it comes to book ideas for me is to check out my wishlist shelf here on goodreads; I love tea cups, mugs and scarves; I'm a gardener, knitter and love taking photo's; favorite colors: barn red and pinks, esp fuchsia. Hope that helps my secret chick! :-)

message 3: by Viola (new)

Viola | 1014 comments I'm in!

Let me just add that I think that Kindle books should also be an option to gift! You won't get a package, so that's not as much fun. But I love my Kindle!

So, like I had mentioned Kindle books are great for me. Pick any one of your own liking. I like to explore what others like when I read. I also have a 10 mo. old baby boy, so baby stuff would be appreciated. Chocolates are always yummy.

message 4: by Sarah (last edited Jan 13, 2011 03:02PM) (new)

Sarah (sarahsaysread) I'm in!

I like brown, pink, and purple. I've been collecting mugs, bracelets, and candles. I like to do anything crafty, especially scrapbooking. I really like bubble baths, and I really like the phrase "Live Laugh Love" :o) Hope that helps!

message 5: by Holli (new)

Holli Of course I'm in... this is such a fun thing to do!

I like turquoise, lavender, and green. Love going to the movies and taking pictures. I like coffee cups and refrigerator magnets... and also note cards (blank or the thank you kind).... gift cards are always fun too!

message 6: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments I love this.

I like all things purple. Love movies, coffee, knitting, historical fiction, jewelry making, chocolate, my kindle, gardening and writing.

message 7: by Sonja (last edited Jan 11, 2011 12:15PM) (new)

Sonja (crvena_sonja) | 305 comments I'm in! I did this the first time around but unfortunately missed it last year.

I love candy apple red, plum purple, and any shade of green. I love crocheting and reading (check my to-read shelf), I collect coffee mugs, and I love dangly earrings. I'm also a huge fan of dark or mint chocolate.

message 8: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments i'd like to do this again too!

purple and green are my fav colors, i like anything chocolate, anything handmade,bracelets,bangles baubles! fun stuff! local cookbooks(you know the churchlady/pta kind).

message 9: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (earthmarsha) | 1586 comments I'm in. I like any shade of purple, dangly earrings, knitting, dogs, and general silliness.

message 10: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 479 comments Yay! This is fun! I like green, blue, and deep red, all jewel colors, I think. Interests are reading, photography, collage, flowers, I like to make jewelry, cook, and I'm learning how to play the piano. And I like anything anyone wants to give me because the idea of someone going out of their way to do something this fun is a gift in itself!

message 11: by Laura K (new)

Laura K | 266 comments I'm in. The colors of the sea are my favorites-- blues, grays, aquas, etc. I like reading, making jewelry, bracelets, dangly earrings, coffee, coffee mugs, scarves, and bookmarks.

message 12: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Please message me with your address so that I can begin to get everyone their names starting on Friday. Just use Goodreads messages and put your name and address in the message. You're not officially signed up if I don't have your address.

message 13: by Becca (new)

Becca | 54 comments OK I'm new but will do this. Not one to just dip in a toe when I can go head first! I love my garden, the beach my 3 dogs and my family (not in that order!). My goal for 2011 is to learn to play Bridge (I'm THAT old!). My favorite color is brown with sea blue as a close 2nd. I also love my Kindle!

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lmmmml) | 82 comments This sounds like fun! I'm also pretty new, hope that is ok. I like reading, scrapbooking, gardening, birdwatching, bookmarks, etc... I don't really have a fav color, all is good!

message 15: by Jacki Mohap (new)

Jacki Mohap (shereadinthesheshed) | 27 comments I'd like to do this!

I like the 1940s and 1950s, the color yellow, the beach, and my main hobby is reading but I'd like to start quilting or knitting. I like good pens and pencils and cute notepads (I'm a teacher). I also like to (try to) cook!

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine | 1311 comments I'd like to participate as well.

I love the color Pink, Chick-Flicks & Chick Lit, The beach, Anything Music related,(prefer radio over TV anyday), Coffee and Dark chocolate

message 17: by Monica (new)

Monica (imelda85) I had so much fun doing this last year! Count me in!

I love the color green, hiking, camping, gardening, making patchwork quilts, photography (anything crafty, really!), candles, coffee, tea, anything chocolate (especially with carmel!) the beach, jewelry and classic movies! :) I am easy to please! I always love trying something new!

message 18: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments This was fun last year, so I'd like to participate again.

Last year, my Chickee gave me a great recipe book/stand with some of her personal bread options. Loved them.

This year, I'm working to build my own recipe book for SINGLES. Most recipes out there are for large family portions. And the easy, simple stuff for a single that I've found are junky foods. OR it's so excessive that I would have the same meal for four times in a week. I want to try to go back to wholesome foods. Recently, I learned how to make fresh mashed potatoes and was very excited over that.

Someone mentioned this before but Kindle books are amazing.

I love bubbles and bubble baths. BUBBLY!

message 19: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
I am missing some peoples information. You MUST send me your mailing information or else I can not include you in the exchange.
I will be sending out names and addresses to those I have info from TODAY. If there are people late to the dock I will match them up with each other through the week if there are enough but I cant promise anything.

TODAY please please please.

message 20: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (crvena_sonja) | 305 comments I'm soooo excited to get my buddy!

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahsaysread) Me too :o)

Tera I sent my mailing info to you a few days ago, hope you got it.

message 22: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (crvena_sonja) | 305 comments Got my buddy! Now time to brainstorm/shop, yay!

message 23: by Viola (new)

Viola | 1014 comments Yay! Got mine! So much fun! Thanks Tera.

message 24: by Laura K (new)

Laura K | 266 comments Thanks Tera. I got my secret pal too!

message 25: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
I sent out secret info to everyone who sent me their address. Please check your GR inbox for her name and address.

If you don't have something in your inbox and you think you sent me your information please let me know so I can double check. If you didn't send me your information I wasn't able to connect you with another.

Ohhh... and if you signed up and still havent given us a little glimpse into what you like and don't like on this thread please do so now so your chick has something to go on.

Thanks everyone!

message 26: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments I have my chickie, so much fun!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) I got your message Tera! So excited to get shopping for my Chick!

message 28: by Holli (new)

Holli I got my message.... this is always so fun!

message 29: by Monica (new)

Monica (imelda85) I got my secret chick! Thanks, Tera!!! So excited!

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lmmmml) | 82 comments Got mine! What fun!

message 31: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments Oops. If I didn't give my mailing addy info, was that too late?

message 32: by Holli (new)

Holli Tanja, message Tera here on Goodreads and ask her... maybe she can squeeze you in somewhere....

message 33: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 479 comments Me, too. Got mine.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahsaysread) Yay, so excited to get started!

message 35: by Becca (new)

Becca | 54 comments I WANT TO TELL MY PERSON I HAVE THEM!! EPE, am so bad with surprises!! lol

message 36: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (crvena_sonja) | 305 comments I bought my buddy gift(s) today! Now I have to wait a while to send them out... Probably with my next round of Bookmooch books. :)

message 37: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 479 comments I mailed my buddy gifts today! Yay!

message 38: by Monica (new)

Monica (imelda85) My gift is ready to be mailed! I should be able to send it out tomorrow! Yay! I had a lot of fun with it! :)

message 39: by Monica (new)

Monica (imelda85) Chick gift in the mail! :)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Bought said gift today :-) Mailing this week.

message 41: by Viola (new)

Viola | 1014 comments Mailed mine out!

message 42: by Laura K (new)

Laura K | 266 comments I am also mailing mine this week. :-)

message 43: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lmmmml) | 82 comments Got mine and I will mail it tomorrow, unless the weather keeps me in!

message 44: by Becca (new)

Becca | 54 comments Mailed mine too! OK I'm really ADD so I estimated the postage! I had just sent some stuff to my sister so am hoping that my estimate is a good one!

message 45: by Christine (new)

Christine | 1311 comments received my gift in the mail yesterday :)
My secret chicks gift is wrapped and on my table.

This is Fun Stuff! :)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) I sent my gift out today!!! :-)

message 47: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (earthmarsha) | 1586 comments Got mine yesterday and hopefully sending my Chick's gift out in the morning.

message 48: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lmmmml) | 82 comments Sent mine out today!:)

message 49: by Holli (new)

Holli Ice has had me shut in since Monday and I didn't even get mail delivered yesterday so I won't be able to mail my package until the last possible date to mail which is Monday. We don't thaw out here until Saturday the weather service says..... my apologies in advance to my secret chick....

message 50: by Laura K (new)

Laura K | 266 comments Looks like mine will also be going out on Monday. Weather has not been friendly by us. Sorry to my secret chick.

« previous 1 3