Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Hi everyone!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Goff (mandygoff) | 5 comments Hey everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I'm Mandy, and my first LIH is coming out Feb. 2011... The Blackmailed Bride.

I can't wait to get to know you all.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years =)

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Welcome, Mandy. I love LIH's. I look forward to getting to know you, and your writing!

message 3: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Mandy! Love the title of your book. Can you give us an idea of the plot? Welcome!!

message 4: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Goff (mandygoff) | 5 comments Thanks everyone!

Janet, it's set in Regency England. The heroine, Olivia is being blackmailed by an unscrupulous Baron, who wants her to marry him. And he'll use the secret family shame to get what he wants. Enter the titled, and extremely handsome (of course ;o) hero, Nick, who finds himself falling in love in spite of himself and Olivia's resistance. Olivia has to thwart the Baron and come to grips with the fact that the bad things in her life doesn't mean God has forsaken her.

I'm not the world's best blurb writer (actually, I kind of stink at it)...I'm always afraid I'll give too much away or not enough. Perhaps there's some kind of class I could take for that =)

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Hi Mandy welcome I am sure you will love us here. We are friendly and very supportive.
And as Janet says can you tell us about your book.

message 6: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Goff (mandygoff) | 5 comments Thanks Ausjenny!

I'm certain I'll love everyone here as well!!!

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments ooo Regency!! I love it already! lol Welcome

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Hi Mandy! Welcome! Your book sounds wonderful! I hope you will be doing a Goodreads book giveaway too! I love it when they have LIH and LI's in the giveaways :)

message 9: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Hi Mandy, our group always say "The more the merrier" so glad to have ya. Like the name of your new book, have you written before? tell us a little about yourself,I for one love to read and finding new authors of LIH is always great.

message 10: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 202 comments Welcome, Mandy. I love Regency books.

message 11: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Yes, Mandy, welcome and congratulations on your first LIH! Hope you'll drop by often. This is a fun very caring group!

message 12: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Hi Mandy! Congratulations. The book sounds fab. I love Regencies. : )

message 13: by Patty (last edited Jan 07, 2011 07:39AM) (new)

Patty Hall | 211 comments Hi Mandy! Congratulations on your book! I love regencies--so glad more inspirational ones are being bought by publishers.

And we're both newbies to LIH--my book, Hearts in Flight, is coming out in July, 2011.

Patty

message 14: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Patty wrote: "Hi Mandy! Congratulations on your book! I love regencies--so glad more inspirational ones are being bought by publishers.

And we're both newbies to LIH--my book, Hearts in Flight, is coming out ..."

Congratulations to you too Patty! :) Can you tell us a bit about your book. I'd love to hear about it :)

message 15: by Judy (new)

Judy I love the regency books.

I'll watch for your book and add it to my hundreds to read :-)

message 16: by Patty (new)

Patty Hall | 211 comments Thank you for the congratulations, Heidi. Here's a bit about Hearts in Flight:

Pilot Maggie Daniels knows what it's like to deal with a brood of overprotective males. With all her cousins serving on the warfront, she's finally free to go after her God-given dream--ferrying bombers for the newly formed Women's Army, Special Pilots. And no one, not even Captain Wesley Hicks can keep her out of the cockpit.

After the loss of his sister over the skies of London, Captain Wesley Hicks has a new battle plan—prepare a band of pilots to deliver the Super Fortress into the Pacific Theatre. He hadn’t planned on training WASP Maggie Daniels. But as hostilities are fired at the spirited yet tender woman, he finds himself focused on a new objective--winning Maggie's heart.

The story is about how God has bigger dreams for us than we have for ourselves.

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Patty wrote: "Thank you for the congratulations, Heidi. Here's a bit about Hearts in Flight:

Pilot Maggie Daniels knows what it's like to deal with a brood of overprotective males. With all her cousins servi..."

oh yeah! Another one I will have to read. LOL I like war novels too.

message 18: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Patty wrote: "Thank you for the congratulations, Heidi. Here's a bit about Hearts in Flight:

Pilot Maggie Daniels knows what it's like to deal with a brood of overprotective males. With all her cousins servi..."

Sounds like a great love story :) I love your thought behind the book as well, "God has bigger dreams for us than we have for ourselves." So true!

message 19: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Goff (mandygoff) | 5 comments Congratulations yourself, Patty =)! The plot sounds wonderful. I can't wait to read it!

And I'm glad I'm not the only Regency lover out here!

message 20: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Welcome Mandy! I'm excited to see a Regency LIH coming up soon. Congratulations and welcome to the fold.