Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2011 > Pat's 52 in 2011

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pat aka Tygyr (new)

Pat aka Tygyr (tygyr) 1. The Lemon Tree by Sandy Tolan **** A non-fiction book about an Israeli and a Palestinian. It details their family histories and how the U.N. decision to give the Jews their own Homeland following WWII impacts them personally and their families. Most interesting was learning what was propaganda and what was real. A very balanced story that leaves the reader wondering if there can ever be peace in the Middle East.

message 2: by Pat aka Tygyr (new)

Pat aka Tygyr (tygyr) 2. Real Vampires Have Curves by Gerry Bartlett **** I won the 1st 3 books in this series and really enjoyed this 1st one. It is funny and easy to read.
3. Room by Emma Donoghue **** This book is narrated by a 5 yr old boy who is born to his captive mom and has spent his 1st 5 yrs in the room. He can't believe there is an outside. To him the universe is in that room.

message 3: by Pat aka Tygyr (new)

Pat aka Tygyr (tygyr) 4. One Silent Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon ***
5. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese ****
6. Awakened by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast ***
7. Dream Warrior by Sherrilyn Kenyon ***
8. Blood Trinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Diana Love****
9. To Protect Their Child by Sheryl Lynn **
10. The Redemption of Deke Summers ***

message 4: by Pat aka Tygyr (new)

Pat aka Tygyr (tygyr) Finally having time to update my lists. I may forget some. This is late January through today (mid February.
11. Incubus Dreams by Laurell K Hamilton **** I do love Anita Blake. Her love life gets stranger and stranger and her powers get stronger and stronger. Can't wait to find the time to read the next one!
12. Shadow Tag by Louise Erdrich **** This book gives a new definition of dysfunctional family. The parents are very strange and the whole family (children and dogs) are affected by the strange goings on in this book.

13. Crisis by Robin Cook **** I enjoy Robin Cook but this book took me forever to finish. Not the book's fault. It was in my car and I only read it when I was waiting in Dr's offices, and my Dr's have been unbelievably prompt of late.
14. Micah by Laurell K Hamilton **** Micah has always seemed to be good to be true. Sharing Anita's bed with Nathaniel, never seeming to be upset that she has other lovers. It was great to have a book where Micah could have a chance to be alone with his Anita.
15. Haunted by your Touch by Jeaniene Frost, Shayla Black and Sharie Kohler **** 3 novellas.
14. Real Vampires Live Large by Gerry Bartlett**** Gerry writes with a real sense of humor. I enjoy her as much as MacAlister.
15. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown **** I was prepared not to like this book. I did not particularly care for Davinci, so I was skeptical and only read it because it was long and I was out of the country for a week! But I did enjoy it much more than Davinci.
16. Dark Lover by J R Ward **** A re-read. It was wonderful getting back into the Black Dagger Brotherhood world. A group of us are rereading the series as we wait for Ward's newest in this series. One book a week isn't working for me. I find myself re-reading my re-read.
17. A Girl's Guide to Vampires by Katie MacAlister **** I read this some time ago, so thechnically it is a re-read, but I could remember very little of it, so it seemed like a 1st read.
18. Lover Eternal by J R Ward **** 2nd in series that I am re-reading. Love the beast that is in Rhage. I also really identified with Mary. Another book I read too quickly for the week and re-read again.
19. Lover Awakened by J R Ward **** I actually re-read this one 3 times during the week!! Zsadist is so ruined by his past. Bella can't stand being smothered by her family and is allowed to move out. She gets captured by the Lessers and finds out just why her family had always been so careful with her. There love story has lots of bumps in the road.
20. Lover Mine by J R Ward**** While this is not part of this week's re-read, while getting my books together I realized that I had not read this one. So it is actually a first read for me. Another love story of 2 tortured souls and all the drama of them and their surroundings. Can't wait to re-read when we get to it.
And I believe that has me caught up.