The Help Group discussion

Love > Guy Trouble 2

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

The Pyromaniac00 (pyromaniac00) | 367 comments Mod
For Grace's problems. Just post what your issue is here Grace.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Firstly, there's a guy I like named Anthony.(isn't that how all our guy issues begin? I mean, minus the Anthony part.) Secondly, I don't want to like him. So, now, I'm having a war with myself-the I like Anthony side versus the I don't want to like Anthony side-and it's driving me insane! Thirdly, he's loves reading/writing as much as I do and he like Queen!(So do I.) On top of that, he has a great sense of humor. However, he's as arrogant as James Potter was, but let me let you a secret: my stupid brain works in pity!!! Don't understand what I mean by saying my stupid brain works in pity?
Example: Anthony is arrogant. So, my brain thinks: Poor Anthony, I think I should go and help him become less arrogant.
Please please please please help!

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Taylor | 62 comments You should know that you can never change your partner. I've tried, failed, had guys try to change me, failed, all ended in massive arguments.

Is Anthony a friend? Just a boy at school? What is he at this current moment to you apart from a crush.

message 4: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

Alright, for me to really help you I will need to know a little more about both of you. I also need to know the same thing Michelle needs to know so I can really help you.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Anthony info:
He's is sporty and is one of the three smartest people in our grade. He, unfortunately, has an ego, but it's only prominent at times. He has a good sense of humor, but, usually, he jokes are a another's expence. He's nice to those who are close to him, but not so nice to those who aren't (I'm sort of in between).

Anthony is... a frienemy, I guess...
We are relatively nice to each other, but we enjoy poking fun at one another.

Me info:
I am a tomboy in that I'm sporty, and I hang out with the guys all the time. I have a good sense of humor, and I am one of the three smartest people in my grade. I am talkative and outgoing, not the least bit shy.

If there's anything else you need to know, just say so!

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Taylor | 62 comments Okay now the next thing we need to know is really; what you want?

You mentioned in the beginning that you don't want to like him but you do. Do you want us to try and trick your brain into not liking/pitying the boy? If so, that won't work. You can't just... un-crush yourself. Crushes come and go with the wind after all.

If you are looking to try and get over this crush, i would suggest spending time away from him. The less you see him, the more likely the crush is to fade.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 17, 2011 08:01PM) (new)

I try avoiding him, but I doesn't work-he pops up everywhere! And when I say "everywhere" I mean everywhere. I'm watching a basketball game, guess who shows up? Playing soccer, he's there, too! Even excellerated science class! Unfortunately, I don't think that'll work:(

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Taylor | 62 comments Oh dear...

This is rather tough. The only thing you might be able to do is wait it out. Unless Andy has any ideas, then I'm very sorry but there isn't a lot you can do on this one until the crush fades or you develop one for someone else.

:(

message 9: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

Well, you have doubted my intellect! Of course I have ideas. It's basically all I do! Lol, alright, so, just clarify, do you or do you not have a definate crush on him, or is he just an annoying punk you want to disown but can't?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Definate Crush.

However, now we have another element to add to this equation; some other guy knows. He said he won't tell anyone, and he seems like a nice guy so what now?
And another thing, Anthony wants to know who I like. I haven't told him, but he guilt-tripped me into dropping a hint.

message 11: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

Hmm, this is tough. Very tough. It's a definite crush huh? Well those are the toughest. With this new guy, do you have any information on him we ned to know? If not we can proceed directly to the diagnosis :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Andy wrote: "Hmm, this is tough. Very tough. It's a definite crush huh? Well those are the toughest. With this new guy, do you have any information on him we ned to know? If not we can proceed directly to the d..."

I think we can proced directly to the diagnosis:)

message 13: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

Alright. So, if you have a crush on him and you only like part of his personallity, I would say that part is alot better than the other part. He's smart and seems pretty funny at times. And you're both sporty. So, tell him you like him and would like to try dating him (do it in your own special way), and if he says he likes you too, then after a while if it works out then if he makes fun of someone else while you're around tell him you don't like when he does that. But only do that if it works out for like 2 months. Hope this helps :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Andy, I'll try that :)

message 15: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

You're very welcome :) hope things work out

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd like to give everyone a follow-up on what happened. I found out Ante (Anthony's name in Croatian-he's Croatian) likes me, too. So, now we are good friends! Thanks to everybody who helped me out!

message 17: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

:) that's awesome! Hope things continue to work out for you

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks!

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Taylor | 62 comments I'm so glad it all worked out for you. :) Congrates.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, Michelle :)

message 21: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

She left us...D:

message 22: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 181 comments *sigh*