Twilight Saga Lovers discussion

Movies or Books?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen What do you think is better and why? Also what does one option have that the other really needed?

Just wondering if people think the same way I do...

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Harrison | 2 comments I personally think that they are both great. I look at movie adaptions as something semi-independent from the books, so I can't really say. I can compare the movies or the books, but not both. :)

message 3: by Neki (new)

Neki BOOKS ALL DA WAY!!!I think the books gives you some feeling about the situations.

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Ok, here's what I think.

I LOVE the books. Lately, I've been wanting to read them for the millionth time again :)
The movies are good, if you haven't read the books beforehand.
I know the movie adaptations don't have to be exact, and I don't mind if they wanna change some things. But if you're gonna base it off the book and tell the same story essentially, some things really need to be the same.
I think they screwed WAY up with casting Bella. Edward too, but not as much. I think I liked the rest of the cast for their respective parts - except Laurent, he was just all wrong physically. Not bad actingwise, though.

Anyway, if you're going to tell the same story with the same characters, they need to be pretty identical to the book's description of them.
Kristen Steward does not portray a good Bella, IMO. Bella in the books is a total klutz, she's super self conscious, and she doesn't stutter.
Kristen acts too confident, she falls all of one time, and she can hardly get two words out without making some goofy noise or facial expression.
Edward's not much better in the first one, but I think that was due more to the screenplay and not his acting.

And the major problem I had with it, was that they totally screwed up the part where they actually fall in love. It's like, one day they hate each other and the next day, like magic, they're in love.
That was really aggravating to watch b/c that part is the whole basis for the rest of the series.

Still, aside from those two things, the rest wasn't too bad. Although I am wondering how they're going to work in the Alaska coven since they haven't even mentioned them AT ALL yet...and Irina(was that her name, I forget...) is kinda important to the next one.

But I gotta say, I love all the stuff they added with Charlie :)
(only exception being the diner scenes b/c them eating at the diner is out of character from the books, but whatever)

message 5: by Malithi (new)

Malithi | 2 comments Neki wrote: "BOOKS ALL DA WAY!!!I think the books gives you some feeling about the situations."

I think so too!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought they were both really good, but I didn't like New Moon at all.