Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > new to this. recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsti (last edited Jan 05, 2011 01:03PM) (new)

Kirsti | 9 comments So i havent read that many books on the topic.
Obviously ive read the obvious twilight but the first book that drew me to the paranormal romance sector is hush hush series by becca fitzpatrick. I absolutely adore them and i really think its one of the best books I've read. I've tried with a few others but haven't really gotten into them like i did with hush hush. Im currently reading the haunting/the hollow, its not too bad.
I was wondering if anyone could recommend something which is about a female that leads a normal life and someone comes along? Something a bit like hush hush. I also would prefer a series as i read pretty fast! ;) thanks x

message 2: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments Have you tried Vampire Academy? It is one of my favorites!!

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather Bellus | 1 comments Vampire Academy is amazing!!! I also recommend the Morganville Vampire series!! It was really awesome as well!

message 4: by Kirsti (new)

Kirsti | 9 comments Ive heard of it but i haven't read any of them.
what's it about loosely?

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments Just listing the first book of a series:

My favorite of all the YA books - City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (3 books out now, four if you count the prequel, Clockwork Angel)
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (two books out now)
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (two books out now)
Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston (3 books out now)

I've read a lot of the others but these are my favorites. I love Hush Hush too.

message 6: by Kirsti (new)

Kirsti | 9 comments thanks terry, whats the first book in city of bones? is it clockwork angel?

message 7: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 449 comments I'd also reccommend Holly Black's books

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments It is City of Bones, followed by City of Ashes and City of Glass. Clockwork Angel is her newest book and it is a prequel. The first three, called the Mortal Instruments series are set in New York in present time. Clockwork Angel is set in London in the 1800's. I'd read City of Bones first and Clockwork Angel last. It could stand alone but I think the Mortal Instruments books set the scene better. I have read the first three four times each and have the audio books so pretty sold on them! My family from my brother to my granddaughters all have read them more than once and we don't do that real often (agree on books and read the multiple times!)

message 9: by Kirsti (last edited Jan 05, 2011 01:10PM) (new)

Kirsti | 9 comments wow thanks :)
i use a kindle so thankfully they are on ebook. i shall buy the first one and see how i go!
anyone got any more suggestions?

message 10: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments http://www.richellemead.com/

This is the website for Vampire Academy.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Holly Black (other topics)