Write in 2014 discussion

Ummm

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 672 comments When is this group going to become 2011?

message 2: by Kritika (new)

Kritika (spidersilksnowflakes) | 465 comments Haha I was wondering the same thing!

message 3: by Kyle (new)

Kyle T (kyletee) | 210 comments lol me too!!

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 814 comments Saaaame … RONI, WHERE ARE YOU?

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 469 comments wasn't even thinking about it, 'til now lol

message 6: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 275 comments Good question.

And are we allowed to make new topics for 2011 yet? :P

message 7: by Kyle (new)

Kyle T (kyletee) | 210 comments yeesss I want the new topics!! and all the old shoved into an old folder!

message 8: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 814 comments YEAH.

message 9: by Callie (new)

Callie (neverlandcallie) Agreed.

message 10: by Clifford (new)

Clifford Wollum (bingocliff) | 156 comments Well, back on Jan 1, 2011, I joined a new group called 2011 Writer's Wateringhole and will share my thoughts there.

I'm stumped that it's already January 6 and I'm still catching up on the end of 2010 with all my projects that include sports, poker, and web-pages...ummm?

message 11: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 182 comments Mod
Sorry! I haven't had a lot of time lately, and I kind of kept forgetting. I'm not on GR nearly as much anymore. You guys are welcome to create new topics for yourselves, if you want.

message 12: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 182 comments Mod
Speaking of, is anybody up for a picture change?!?!? If you want to design a new group photo, you can post it in this topic.

message 13: by Clifford (new)

Clifford Wollum (bingocliff) | 156 comments I love myself as I was in 2010, ty.

message 14: by Kritika (new)

Kritika (spidersilksnowflakes) | 465 comments How do you post images on a thread? Do you need to upload the image online to do it?

message 15: by Gwendolyn (last edited Jan 10, 2011 11:47PM) (new)

Gwendolyn (drgwen) | 155 comments "[image error]"

Take away the first and last "", type the address of the image in the source quotes (needed, so leave in) and...

Presto!

[image error]

There are other options, like height and width that you can play with... Click on "(some HTML is ok)" above the text box and the instructions and most options that are valid for use on GoodReads will show in a pop-up window.

... And No! You cannot upload images to GoodReads. It must be somewhere on-line that is accessible to public browsing.

That said, you can load images from Flickr, but that requires yet another explanation about how to find the URL of the image.

From the Share tab, on a flicker image, you need to copy the image address... which would be something like...

"http://farmx.static.flickr.com/9088/5... include whatever embedded dimensions e.g. (width="200" height="175") are there.Removing them often makes the displayed image too big.

Valid images types are JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG and TIFF

message 16: by Callie (new)

Callie (neverlandcallie) Actually, you can upload images to goodreads.com in your pictures place....when you click on largest size (once you've uploaded it) you do the URL thing.

message 17: by Kritika (new)

Kritika (spidersilksnowflakes) | 465 comments ok, thanks!

message 18: by Gwendolyn (new)

Gwendolyn (drgwen) | 155 comments Annie (Callie) wrote: "Actually, you can upload images to goodreads.com in your pictures place..."

You meant profile photos. True, but (a) it's limited space (as to the number of images) and (b) the image size can't exceed the maximum upload size of a profile image.

message 19: by Kenzie, Looking for something new to read... (new)

Kenzie | 256 comments Mod
If you'd like you can upload your pictures into the group's pictures, and then we can vote to pick the new group photo. I've put up a replacement photo until we can choose a new one.

message 20: by Kritika (last edited Jan 21, 2011 03:17PM) (new)

Kritika (spidersilksnowflakes) | 465 comments Here's an idea! Hopefully this image thing will work for me.

Although I like our current photo...