Calling all Demigods! discussion

Campus Roleplay > The Big House

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

. (onawhim) | 17465 comments Mod
There are four floors, a basement and an attic in the big house. It also has a fireplace in which it is lit up depending on the mood of all of the demigod campers. It is home to Mr. D, Chiron, and the satyrs. All new campers go here to see the orientation film, as well as meet Chiron and Mr.D. RP Here.

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 14363 comments Brandy walked into the Big House warily, eyes wide with wonder and confusion. Her mother had dropped her off with hugs, kisses, I love yous', and faint directions to this place. Her heart beat in her chest in fear. Where was her mother? Why had she left her like this? And lastly, what was this place? "Um...hello?" She called out, obviously confused and frightened without her mother to guide her in this new, unfamiliar place.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Alexa walked towards her and poked her shoulder. "Hello," she said softly.

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 14363 comments ((? Noo... Chiron is supposed to be here. I'm waiting for a mod.))

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

((Ok....)) Alexa sees she is a newcomer. She knows how this all goes. She leaves her to find Chiron. By herself. Though Alexa didn't think it was the nicest thing to do, she left out the doors quietly towards her cabin.

message 6: by Maggie, Gaea shall smite you all. (last edited Jan 09, 2011 08:07AM) (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 1674 comments Mod
The sound of wheels rounded the corner a few seconds before the form of Chiron, human-style, entered the main hall. "Hello, and what can I do for you?" he asked, eyes flitting over to the girl in the entranceway.

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 14363 comments Brandy assessed Chiron quickly with wide, olive colored eyes. "My mom told me to come to this place... The Big House? She said that Chiron would help me." She explained quietly, curling her fingers in her hair.

message 8: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 34142 comments Mod
Leia23 wrote: "((Ok....)) Alexa sees she is a newcomer. She knows how this all goes. She leaves her to find Chiron. By herself. Though Alexa didn't think it was the nicest thing to do, she left out the doors quie..."

((Either stay in present tense or stay in past tense. -.-))

message 9: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

((I can take over for Chiron.))

"Ah," Chiron said, appraising the girl. "Yes. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. If you follow me I can show you the camp orientation video." He smiled warmly at the girl, that faint curiosity burning in his dark brown eyes. He was always curious to see which cabin the newcomers ended up in.
"Who's your mother?" he asked, leading her into the house.

message 10: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (last edited Jan 09, 2011 09:22AM) (new)

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 14363 comments Brandy followed him, glad that she had seemed to have found a friend. "Orientation film? What's that? Oh, Christine Olive." She said, voice becoming more rapid as she spoke. She paused, struggling to remember something that her mother had told her. "My mother wanted you to know that I inherited my haiku skills from my father. Whatever that means."

message 11: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

((1) How old is Brandy?
2) Have you made her undetermined or determined?))

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 14363 comments ((1) thirteen
2) that's coming up. She's daughter of Apollo, but she doesn't know.))

message 13: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

((Then she should be in Hera characters.))

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 14363 comments ((But her mother knows who her father is. I'll edit my post.))

message 15: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

((....That doesn't matter... If she hasn't been claimed yet she automatically goes to Hera Characters, where the noobs go. Then you can transfer her to Apollo.))

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 14363 comments ((Oh, duh. Okay.))

message 17: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

"Just a PG13 rated film to help you understand how camp works," Chiron said amiably, rolling into the living room. "Take a seat."
His eyes flickered at the woman's name, for she was familiar, and he looked at the girl under a new light (excuse the pun), curiousity sated.

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 14363 comments Brandy nodded at Chiron, and sat down. "Isn't it just another ordinary summer camp?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

message 19: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

Chiron merely stared at the girl for a long time.
Utter indignance showed in his features.
"An ordinary summer camp?" he exclaimed, turning away from the DVD player. "An ordinary summer camp? Your mother didn't tell you who your father was?"

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 14363 comments Brandy shook her head, brown curls swirling around her face. "Nope. She just told me that he's terrible at haikus," she said, flinching away a little at his outburst.

message 21: by ., Goddess of Bacon (last edited Apr 17, 2011 07:01PM) (new)

A perfect summer's day - blue skies as far as the eye can see, some thin and wispy cotton-candy clouds trailing their length across the cerulean.

Caspar van der Lewsen was having a ball.

A crooked grin rendering his expression a little dazed, he tilted his head to the side to blow out a thin, consistent stream of smoke, dangling the hand-rolled cigarette between two long fingers over the porch. Chiron and Dionysus had both gone away to Olympus, leaving him the main person in camp, and he was abusing this prestige to the maximum. No longer did he have to hide in the back gardens or trek miles out into the forest just to have some peace and quiet - now, he could have it on the porch of the Big House as outlandishly as he pleased.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

For Lucas the day seemed to be dragging on.

It was lovely, the perfect weather for doing outdoor things like pegasus flying and monster hunting. But on this day he was stuck with all the wretched chores. He was still trying to get over the insanely massive amount of armour the camp had. And to polish it all was murder on his hands.

So trudging onto clean the stables he went, until an odd scent made him crinkle his nose. As Lucas neared the blue mansion's porch, a few white tendrils caught his eye. Steam, maybe? No...
He stumbled upon Caspar having a cigarette, looking so very relaxed. A pang of envy hit him. "Sup."

message 23: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

It took a lazy moment for Caspar to glance sideways at Lucas, 'cigarette' dangling from a corner of his lips as he lifted up a corner of his mouth in a smile. "He-ey," he sang out with a nod.

All of a sudden, the details that made Lucas look so . . . well, tired - jumped out at Caspar. The worn hands, the dragging footsteps, the longing for rest in his tired voice. The poor boy needed a rest, as soon as was possible. And Caspar was, well, only too happy to oblige.

"You look like you need some of this, man. Have a toke?" Pulling out the joint, Caspar held out the smoking object to Lucas, giving him a reassuring smile. "It's aight, I've got plenty more behind the cabin."

[LOL Caspar - so sketch!!]

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Since Lucas did not have much experience of living in the world outside of Camp-Half Blood, the slang also had no meaning to him. But a little tickle in his stomach suggested he got the gist of what Caspar meant, even if he found it hard to believe. It would be seriously difficult to hide this from Chiron, but that same tickle told him van der Lewsen could do it.

"Uhm, I don't really smoke... cigarettes, y'know..." His refusal skills definitely needed to be worked on, or maybe it was just the weariness taking its toll on him. Either way, Lucas felt undoubtedly foolish with every passing second.

message 25: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

"It's a joint," Caspar corrected, shrugging. He took a hit himself, holding in the pungent smoke before exhaling it out in one thick line, strangely precise against the blue of the sky.

"There's a first time for everything and you look like you need some - but hey, if you don't want to, you don't want to," he murmured out, keeping his eyes on the joint, rolling it in between two long fingers.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucas' eyes followed the smoke, and traveled back to the lazing Caspar's expression. Suddenly he felt like doing anything to feel the same loose and carefree way.

"You're right." Fatigue took him over completely now. "I seriously need to take a breather." The consequences of his actions, like always, were left out of the equation. The only thing Lucas saw was the joy of being relaxed.

message 27: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

"Just suck on it, hold in the smoke, and exhale after a few seconds," Caspar instructed, his tongue feeling pleasantly heavy as he handed the joint to Lucas for a second time, not feeling guilty for taking his lung virginity at all.

"You'll feel great," he said, grinning lazily, his eyes defocussing towards the sky.

"Trust me."

message 28: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 18, 2011 08:36PM) (new)

And that he did, being the naive boy he was.
Although Lucas did hesitate a moment, a frenzy of questions blurring his mind for a few seconds. It's not that bad, he finally convinced himself before bringing the joint up to his mouth and inhaling.

Lucas didn't feel much at first, so he slowly continued to rhythmically inhale and exhale, the wisps of smoke winding around him. And then he started to feel relaxed, the tiredness flooding out from his limbs and replaced with a sort of giddiness. A crooked grin lit up his face. "It does feel great."
He sounded like he was in the clouds, dreamy and distant.

message 29: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

An overwhelming sense of agreement filled up Caspar and he nodded slowly. "Yep," was all he could find to say on the matter. "Now gimme."

He took the joint from Lucas, raking in the smoke and blowing it outlandishly over Lucas' face.

Damn. He looks hilarious.

And the giggles had commenced.

message 30: by Cloudy Storms (new)

Cloudy Storms (cloudstrife) | 938 comments Blake sighed as he walked over to the Big House. "Well, here it is. The Big House."

message 31: by Vivien (new)

Vivien (lefrozenyogurtgoddess) | 33 comments "It certainly lives up to the name." Amanda commented as she came up from behind Blake. "So, what's this place for?"

message 32: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 34142 comments Mod
Brendan wrote: "Brendan walked into the huge barn wide eyed and not knowing what to expect as he enters camp Half blood for the first time. "What is this place?""

((Post deleted.
Reason: no character/invalid character))