Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Kindle and Other E-Readers > Lendable Kindle Books

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane U (last edited Jan 03, 2011 03:50PM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Now that the Amazon Kindle allows lending, unfortunately you can only lend one book one time only, I thought that we could share with each other. Please note that not all books are lendable, it is at the disgression of the publisher. To read more information about kindle lending, read about it here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custome...

If you have a kindle and want to lend your books, please take the time to create a lendable books shelf within your books. Once you have updated your new shelf, please post the link here.

When you are interesting in borrowing a book from someone, please send them a message through Good Reads and be sure to include your personal email address that is linked to your Amazon account. Remember, you have 7 days to download the book and you have 14 days to read it. Please make sure that you have enough time to read it so that it is not wasted.

Happy lending!

message 2: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Here is the link to my lendable shelf:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

I have 113 available!

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (daneliha) This sound like a good idea, I hadn't had time until today to read about Kindle lending.

However, according to the link you posted above since I am not a resident of the United States I can't lend out my books:

"At this time, Kindle book lending can only be initiated by customers residing in the United States. If a loan is initiated to a customer outside the United States, the borrower may not be able to accept the loan if the title is not available in their country due to publisher geographical rights"

So please don't think I'm not wanting to share my books if I talk about my Kindle in other discussions, but am not lending myself :(

message 4: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 240 comments Here is my lendable list:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

I only have 22 right now.

message 5: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Elizabeth, you are right that it is only available in the US for right now. Rachel lives in the UK so she cannot lend either. I'll keep my eyes open for any updates regarding lending outside the US!

message 6: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments I went through an made a shelf for all my lendable Kindle books.

You can access it here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Elizabeth, I do hope that they open Kindle lending to other countries too! I'm not sure whether they'd restrict lending to within your own country or whether you could send a book to someone elsewhere? Will have to wait and see...

message 8: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I am looking To Kill a Mockingbird. I really do not want to buy the book and really would like to read it on my Kindle. Any ideas how to find people who lend?

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1570 comments Mod
Lorie wrote: "I am looking To Kill a Mockingbird. I really do not want to buy the book and really would like to read it on my Kindle. Any ideas how to find people who lend?"

Did you check the booklist here on goodreads to see if anyone else has it?

message 10: by Lorie (last edited Mar 06, 2011 04:08PM) (new)

That's what I was trying to fiqure out how to do Barbara. How do you get into booklist?

message 11: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 240 comments Well if its lendable then this is the best site I have found.

http://www.booklending.com/

But I am not sure if it is or not.

message 12: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 240 comments Well I don't even think its available for the Kindle if I looked at it right.

message 13: by Lorie (last edited Mar 06, 2011 05:34PM) (new)

You may be right Abbie. :( Guess I'm going to the library. Thanks for that website though. That helps a lot.

message 14: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Abbie is right! To Kill a Mockingbird is not available for the kindle. That is one book from high school that I would not mind reading again as an adult.

message 15: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 32 comments Diane U wrote: "Abbie is right! To Kill a Mockingbird is not available for the kindle. That is one book from high school that I would not mind reading again as an adult."

me neither but worth of reading it.

message 16: by Lori (new)

Lori I'm in Australia. I can't lend. However, I can accept loans. I'm currently reading Crossing Oceans on loan. It was available to people in the USA for free not too long ago. I't wasn't available for free in Australia. I got it from some kind person at Booklending.com

Lori

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Lori wrote: "I'm in Australia. I can't lend. However, I can accept loans. I'm currently reading Crossing Oceans on loan. It was available to people in the USA for free not too long ago. I't wasn't available for..."

Lori, that's quite cool that non-US users can accept loans. I never knew that. I may bat my eyelashes at some of my friends on here and see if they can lend me a book to try it out! A couple of my friends from my church have got Kindles and it would be really great if we could lend each other books. Seems strange not to have it as an option for all Kindle users.

message 18: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 250 comments Lori wrote: "I'm in Australia. I can't lend. However, I can accept loans. I'm currently reading Crossing Oceans on loan. It was available to people in the USA for free not too long ago. I't wasn't available for..."

Oh that was an awesomely good book. Did you like it? I'm reading Redemption by Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley. Great book. I'm 60% done with it.

message 19: by Lorie (last edited Oct 29, 2011 07:18AM) (new)

I'm looking to borrow A Plain and Simple Christmas byAmy Clipston. anyone have it to borrow on Kindle? I do not know how you tell if it is lendable, so let me know thanks!

message 20: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments I don't have it Lorie, but I don't think it's lendable. None of my Amy Clipston books have been and I looked on Amazon and couldn't find it listed as lendable. :(

message 21: by Lorie (new)

Okay thanks!

message 22: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 250 comments I just checked and it's not lendable.

message 23: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Jenna's Cowboy is lendable.

message 24: by Lorie (last edited Apr 29, 2013 06:14AM) (new)

I was reading an e-book from my library and I was 50% thru it last night and it just got really good, a main character died. When I got up this morning my book loan ended. I would have just bought it on Kindle but its not available, even though Kindle is what I was reading it on thru the library. Rachel told me she got the book free sometime last year on Kindle. Did anyone get it and is it lendable? I'd love to finish and not have to wait. I am on the waiting list again for my library, but that could be awhile. I also know book 2 in the series is lendable. So I'm just wondering if you have a Kindle would you all check for me? Thanks!

message 25: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (sharebear) I have it on my kindle and will loan it to you, just let me know.

message 26: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (sharebear) Lorie, I just loaned you the book so you can delete the above message. Enjoy the book!

message 27: by Lorie (last edited Apr 29, 2013 09:05AM) (new)

Cheri wrote: "Lorie, I just loaned you the book so you can delete the above message. Enjoy the book!"

Thank you! I wonder when I will get an e-mail for it? Guess I will be on the lookout. Thanks again.

message 28: by Lorie (last edited Apr 29, 2013 01:58PM) (new)

Cheri wrote: "Lorie, I just loaned you the book so you can delete the above message. Enjoy the book!"

You loaned me Jenna's cowboy. I realize I did not give the name of the book, its No Place for a Lady by Maggie Brendan. I am so sorry it was early lol.

So does anyone have this book that they would be willing to loan to me?

message 29: by CarolynB (new)

CarolynB (carolynlb) | 26 comments Lorie, I have the book on my kindle, but I don't see anything about it being lendable. And, you're right, it's not available for purchase now. Seems odd. How do I check to see if it's lendable??

message 30: by CarolynB (new)

CarolynB (carolynlb) | 26 comments Lorie, I figured out how to know if a book is lendable. I guess No Place for a Lady is not. Sorry.

message 31: by Lorie (new)

CarolynB wrote: "Lorie, I figured out how to know if a book is lendable. I guess No Place for a Lady is not. Sorry."

I did not know how to figure it out either since it is not available anymore. thanks for checking guess I will just have to wait on the waiting list.

Thank you for trying! :)

message 32: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (sharebear) Lorie, sorry I sent you the wrong title. I have No Place for a Lady on my Kindle but it isn't available to loan, if it was I would send it to you.

message 33: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (sharebear) I could loan you Rebecca's Rose by Jennifer Beckstrand, I see it is on your TBR list, let me know if you would like to read it. It was a good book.

message 34: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (sharebear) Lorie, the first book in the series by Jennifer Beckstrand is called Kate's Song I also have that one on my Kindle. You might want to read it first.

message 35: by Lorie (new)

Cheri wrote: "Lorie, the first book in the series by Jennifer Beckstrand is called Kate's Song I also have that one on my Kindle. You might want to read it first."

It was totally my fault I was so upset I did not even list the book I was looking for. I have both of those books. I got the first one free and the second on for $1.99, but thank you! It seems every time I need a book its not lendable. I just thought since it was free maybe it would be. It was worth a try.

Also could you share here how you find out if a book you have is lendable or not. I think a lot of people ask that question. I usually just look on the amazon page its listed on under the details but this Kindle book was removed so I did not know how to figure that one out.

Again thank you.

message 36: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (sharebear) Lorie,
This is the best way I have found to see if a book is lendable; go to manage my kindle and type in the title you are looking for, go to view product page and right at the top just under the Amazon search bar it will tell you if the title is loanable or not. All you need is the e-mail of the person you are loaning it to. I will have to check your TBR list and see if I have something else I can loan you.

Your welcome.

message 37: by CarolynB (new)

CarolynB (carolynlb) | 26 comments Or, on your amazon library page, find the book you are wondering about and over to the far right there is a little pull down menu labelled actions--pull that down and if there is a choice for lending, it will say so.