What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. a funny YA book about a princess with an uncontrollable flying carpet

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carlie (new)

Carlie | 6 comments Please help! I'm looking for a humorous young adult fantasy book. The main character might have been a princess. She was escaping on an uncontrollable flying carpet. They were trying to work out how to control the flying carpet, he said "oh my flipping heck" and it turned out that was one of the code words to control it. I think this would have been published in the 90's.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles: Dealing with Dragons / Searching for Dragons / Calling on Dragons / Talking to Dragons possibly? I know that at one point in one of the books (either 1 or 2) the Princess had to deal with a flying carpet that was malfunctioning.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 179 comments Castle in the Air I am 99 percent sure. Castle in the Air (Castle, #2) by Diana Wynne Jones

I have read very few books with flying carpets and I remember the guy learning to control the carpet. Of course who/what the carpet truly is is funny. Must read the prequel to the story even with the main characters changing in this.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (dejameek) | 53 comments In Castle in the Air he couldn't figure out how to use the carpet, but it turned out he was talking in his sleep or something. Don't remember how they figured it out.

message 5: by Sara ♥ (last edited Jan 04, 2011 12:44PM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 141 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "The Enchanted Forest Chronicles: Dealing with Dragons / Searching for Dragons / Calling on Dragons / Talking to Dragons possibly? I know that at one point in one of the books (either ..."

It was book 2... Searching for Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #2) by Patricia C. Wrede . SUCH a cute series! I just read it... There wasn't an "oh my flipping heck" line, but the guy she was on the carpet with DID say "stop it!" (or similar) and it froze the carpet midair... Cute cute cute...

message 6: by Rebecca Joy (new)

Rebecca Joy (rbccjoy) | 1 comments PERHAPS it was "Once Upon A Marigold" ?

message 7: by Carlie (new)

Carlie | 6 comments Thanks for all of your suggestions guys!
None of those books are ringing a bell at the moment, but I will head off to the library tomorrow to investigate further - I might have to borrow them all, as they all sound interesting!

message 8: by HeavyReader (last edited Feb 16, 2012 06:47PM) (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments Carlie, did any of the suggested books turn out to be the one you were trying to find? Please let us know.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
Carlie, did you find the book or are you still looking?