Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2011 > Emily's 50 Eccentric Books for 2011!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyknap) I started my 50 in 2010 list a little late last year and barely made it. So this year, I'm starting early and hopefully I'll exceed 50. Wish me luck!

1. Definitely Dead

message 4: by Stacie (new)

Stacie Vetsch What did you think of Anna Karenina? It's on my "to-read" list, but it seems a little intimidating in length.

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyknap) It took me 2 months to read it which is very slow for me, but I also ended up reading two other books during that time. I read War and Peace last year because they were both on a list of classics I wanted to read and Anna was much more interesting. Overall, I enjoyed it and it was relatively painless, but parts were definitely slow. Hope that helps!

message 6: by Stacie (new)

Stacie Vetsch Thanks Emily! Wow...two months on one book...I'm a pretty fast reader, but it sounds like you are too. I think I'll have to work it in somewhere this year because I keep hearing it's a good one!

message 8: by Lillie (new)

Lillie | 246 comments How'd you like Water for Elephants? It's the pick for my book club this month and I've been hesitant to read it.

Emily wrote: "7. Water for Elephants"

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyknap) I really liked it! It was during a time period that I found very interesting and the circus setting was unique. It was a pretty quick read too. Hope you and your book club enjoy it!

message 15: by Emily (last edited Dec 02, 2011 12:14PM) (new)

message 19: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyknap) 44. (Redo because I accidentally double posted earlier) The Pact

message 21: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyknap) Well I accomplished my 50 (+1) in 2011! Can't wait to start another year and read even more books! Cheers to 50+ in 2012!