Torchwood discussion

Favorite Torchwood novel?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

This is a chance to make the case for your favourite Torchwood novel. Twilight Streets might get my vote.

message 2: by Peja (new)

Peja | 2 comments Twilight Streets is good. My favorite story was in the compilation novel. I think the short was called Pet Freak...the one that revealed a bit of jack's life in the past. No real idea why his is my favorite, unless it's because it shows a different side of Jack

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

The House That Jack Built gives us another look at his bizarre recent past.

message 4: by Peja (new)

Peja | 2 comments Its been awhile since I read that one, but it was excellent.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

One of the novels that takes a different perspective to the TV series

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

The slightly odd nature of these books actually adds to the Torchwood experience rather than detracts from it, which is rather unique I think

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I must get around to buying the most recent handful

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hopefully the new series will trigger some new novels

message 9: by Kelarks (new)

Kelarks (Kelarks__) | 1 comments I really enjoyed 'Consequences'. I thought it was really clever how all the short stories tied together in the end and I really enjoyed how it touched briefly on how the lives of innocent people outside of Torchwood are affected by the Team's mistakes. It's definitely my favorite out of the one's I've read so far.

_

message 10: by ani (last edited Mar 31, 2012 11:54AM) (new)

ani (ani_ani) | 4 comments My favourite by a long way is Risk Assessment - the idea that the people who pose the most risk are the very ones who turn up to assess risk is wonderful.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Both these are on my to read list

message 12: by ani (new)

ani (ani_ani) | 4 comments It's tricky when this is a 'goodreads' site and some of the stories in this series are available in audio form - but nonetheless i'd like to say that i thoroughly enjoyed Joe Lidster's 'Red Skies' audio book. 'Madness' and 'Alien' and 'God' are wonderfully interwoven themes.

message 13: by AlanCummingFan (new)

AlanCummingFan    (Morgona505) | 2 comments I loved frist born.

message 14: by ani (new)

ani (ani_ani) | 4 comments Favourite Novels 1.Risk Assessment 2.Sky Point 3.The House that Jack Built

Favourite Plays 1.Golden Age 2.Dead Line 3.House of the Dead

Favourite AudioBooks 1.Ghost Train 2.Red Skies 3.Into the Shadows

message 15: by AlanCummingFan (new)

AlanCummingFan    (Morgona505) | 2 comments I want to read The house that Jack built

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Everyones suggestions have merit, they are all quirky and just a little weird but so much more worthy than the appalling rubbish we now have to endure on TV masquerading as Torchwood

message 17: by ani (new)

ani (ani_ani) | 4 comments I've not found any of the Torchwood stories to be appalling rubbish, though i've found some more worthy than others. I have found some of the audio stories to be more enduring than TV episodes.