Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

What We're Reading > 01/03/11 - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) What are you reading this first week of 2011?

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) I just started 44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. I think his books are my new "comfort" reads.

Up next is Bel Canto by Ann Patchett.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa419) | 123 comments Going to start The Women's Room today.

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) Trying to juggle The Women's Room and The Kitchen House

message 6: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) Miranda wrote: "I'm reading The Gospel of Food: Everything You Think You Know About Food Is Wrong and next up is This Is Where I Leave You."

Jonathan Tropper is one of my favorites.

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments I am reading the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and LOVING it!! Wow! What a story and so full of info!!

message 8: by Liz (new)

Liz I'm currently reading "A Stranger Like You" by Elizabeth Brundage - not too far into it, but not sure how I'm going to like it. I guess "The Women's Room" is next. Not sure what's up after that.

message 9: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) I just finished The Polysyllabic Spreeand love it! What better than to read a book about books.

I'm close to finishing

An Object of Beauty: A Novelenjoying it very much as well.

Think I'm starting The Women's Room next and listening too True Notebooks: A Writer's Year at Juvenile Hall.

message 10: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Gretchen wrote: "I just finished The Polysyllabic Spreeand love it! What better than to read a book about books.

I'm close to finishing

An Object of Beauty: A Novelenjoying it very..."

I can't wait to get my hands on Object of Beauty!

message 11: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Jennifer L. wrote: "What are you reading this first week of 2011?"

I'm reading Both Ways is the Only Way I Want It by Malie Meloy and House Rules by Jodi Picoult.

message 12: by Theresa (new)

Theresa I read Kathy Reichs's Spider Bones yesterday and it was good. Then I started on The Snakewoman of Little Egypt.

message 13: by Tina (new)

Tina (lancejrmommy) | 59 comments I'm reading
Twilight Eyes-Dean Koontz
Roses are Red-James Patterson
Matched-Ally Condie

2/3 are due back so I'm trying to finish them all.

message 14: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) I'm reading Little Children by Tom Perrotta and loving it!

message 15: by Annika (new)

Annika I finished A Prayer for Silence by Linda Castillo on New Year's Day:0) It was a good continuation of the series. Now I'm reading The Radley's by Matt Haig and I'm LOVING it. it's already impossible to put down.

message 16: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) Caroline wrote: "I'm reading Little Children by Tom Perrotta and loving it!"

Caroline this is one of my all time favorites! Not sure why it didn't make my top ten for the decade but gets an honorable mention for sure. Never forget this book.

message 17: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Caroline wrote: "I'm reading Little Children by Tom Perrotta and loving it!"

I agree w/Gretchen....one of my favs :)

message 18: by Stacey (new)

Stacey I finished The Turtle Catcher by Nicole Heglet a few days ago and I'm still thinking about it.