Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Literary Resolutions...

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments The LA Times had an article about readers' "literary resolutions"...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/jacke...

What are yours?

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments Sadly, I don't know who any of those people are. So maybe that ought to be my resolution.

message 3: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) My resolution is to read the unread books I currently own. I'm down to 38 so it seems very doable as long as I don't keep adding to the pile.

message 4: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments I want to make time for more fiction this year. I hardly read any current fiction and feel that I miss out on a lot of what people are talking about around here as a result.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I like this one:

Janet Fitch, author of "Paint it Black" and "White Oleander." My book-related resolution for 2011: To converse more with my books. To write in the margins. To read books that irritate me, inspire me, challenge the way I write, or in some way cast new light on this crazy life we lead. And I also resolve to shape these conversations into essays for the new LA Review of Books, starting up this spring.

But if any of you decide to do this, don't use library books, okay?

message 6: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I had decided a couple months back that I was going to read all the books I bought and just threw into a stack. I need to hurry because my wish list is getting long.

message 7: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Jackie "But if any of you decide to do this, don't use library books, okay?"

Wouldn't think of it Jackie.

message 8: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Have anyone noticed the Goodreads Book Challenge that's on the side of the page? almost 2,000 people have pledged to read over a billion books....

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

My "literary resolution" this year is to start using the library more. It hasn't been a good start though. I needed to get a copy of a book for a group read. It isn't available at the library. I think Australian Libraries are pretty crappy. Maybe that's why I stopped using them. :(

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) Patrick Brown from Goodreads: This will be the year that I do it -- I'm finally going to read "Infinite Jest." I'll be able to show my face in Brooklyn again!

Ugh. I'd like to say that I pledge to finish IJ but really? Not gonna happen.

message 11: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Southern Fried Britt wrote: "Have anyone noticed the Goodreads Book Challenge that's on the side of the page? almost 2,000 people have pledged to read over a billion books...."

One individual is planning to read 2147483647 books this year. *rolls eyes*

message 12: by Leshawn (new)

Leshawn | 109 comments I read 78 in 2010, so I pledged 80 for 2011. A little stretch but I'm not sure I can handle even 2 more this year. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

message 13: by Sarah (last edited Jan 04, 2011 09:54AM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I like the one who pledged to give away more books than he got. I think I did that this year, and I'll try to do it again this year. I'd also like to work on reading some of the books on my real life TBR pile that always get put aside for library books.

message 14: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24357 comments Mod
Jonathan wrote: "I want to make time for more fiction this year. I hardly read any current fiction and feel that I miss out on a lot of what people are talking about around here as a result."

That's a good resolution.

I resolve to read less this year. My goal is 4 books but I fear I will far exceed it. I need more resolve...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.