Short Story Book Club discussion

Suggestion for next book?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:37PM) (new)

Anna | 3 comments I would suggest "The Burned Children of America", introduced/ collected by Zadie Smith (2003).

I've already read this once, and I'm in the midst of re-reading it, it is such a great collection of young contemporary writers, eg Jeffrey Eugenides (yey!), Jonathan Safron Foer and a number of really excellent, less wellknown other writers.

That's assuming we've all finished with the previous one, of course!

message 2: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

Maria | 10 comments Mod
that sounds like a really good book. I'm in!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (goosers34) as this is a very old thread, I will make a suggestion!

Joyce Carol Oates edited a collection of fantastic and semi-disturbing stories called "American Gothic Tales." It is fantastic!!! filled with classics from Melville and Poe and more contemporary authors like Stephen King. I

message 4: by Maria (last edited Jul 16, 2008 01:19PM) (new)

Maria | 10 comments Mod
I haven't been on this board in a LONG time - switched jobs and sadly I haven't had much time until recently. But I'm ready to get back into it and an interested in the books suggested above - particularly the American Gothic Tales - anyone else?

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann | 1 comments The link directly to the FaceBook page is:

http://www.facebook.com/TheHitApp

The link to the app in the app store is:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-h...

Here's the release you can use on all blogs and other online media. If you find an opportunity to deal with more "traditional" media like magazines or newspapers, let me know and I will write something more formal.

----

Studio FU(S)S releases The Hit as a new type of fiction experience

The Hit, by Adrien Fuss, is a novella that's an app - or an app that tells a story. Readers begin by downloading the free app from the iTunes App Store and reading about Kyle's challenges in a new town. After exploring the way he deals with a bad situation, readers can then access stories that recount the same events from different points of view. The app naturally, almost magically, leads users back to stories they have already finished to remind them how a different character perceived what they are reading now.

The Hit includes Kyle story as part of the free download. The other three stories are now available at a very low introductory price. Visit www.studiofuss.com or www.facebook.com/TheHitApp for more information.

message 6: by Clark (new)

Clark Zlotchew | 3 comments Is it acceptable to suggest one of my own books, a short-story collection?Once Upon a Decade: Tales of the Fifties

message 7: by Jerry (new)

Jerry Guarino I offer my new book for your consideration. 54 stories organized into 18 trilogies. I'll be finishing my teaching year next week, so I'll have plenty of time to contribute.

Trilogies: 18 Sets of Short Fiction

Trilogies 18 Sets of Short Fiction by Jerry Guarino

message 8: by Douglas (new)

Douglas (pegamooseg) | 1 comments Hello everyone!

I recently released a collection of short stories I would like to share with this group: Pickled Bananas and Other Schwartz Stories. It is a collection of quirky, humorous short stories. It's available on Amazon, but I will offer complimentary copies in exchange for having some good people provide honest reviews.