"Fever" Water Cooler discussion

Characters > Mac's Chat Central

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Kat Kennedy (katkennedy) | 113 comments Mod
Do you hate Mac 1.0? Do you miss her? Are you glad she turned into Mac 4.0 or do you worry about her future?

Are the lines of demarcation GETTING to you?

Who will she end up with? What will happen to her?

message 2: by Sofija (new)

Sofija | 8 comments I like Mac 2.0 when she is still optimistic and full of life, but also stronger and not so naive as in the beginning. And I don’t think that she will end up with someone. I bet Ms. Moning will make some opening in this. Maybe will leave us some clues and guessing, but not something specific.

message 3: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I am only on book 2 and I can't yet comment on later Mac version, but I really like who she is right now, 1.0 version, even though I don't deal well with women like her in real life. She might be ditzy in some ways, but at the same time she is a good person with good intentions. And I think Barrons loves her for her bubbly self. I hope at least some of 1.0 will be back...

There is no doubt in my mind she will end up with Barrons. In fact, I will be very-very mad if she doesn't. I imagine her and him running a bookstore in some new place once the war is over...

message 4: by Kat Kennedy (new)

I don't know. Barrons has drilled so much independence into her. I often wonder whether they ever could have a relationship together. A relationship takes trust, intimacy, an ability to lean on each other - none of which Barrons and Mac have.

Who are they without the Sinsar Dubh to track? What do they really have in common? I have no doubt that Mac will go on to run a bookstore if the world even partially goes back to normal. But will she do it with Barrons?

Kind of goes against his whole You're Born Alone and You Die Alone thing he's so set upon.

message 5: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) You have a point, Kat. They have great chemistry in these books, but what would happen to them once the danger is gone?

message 6: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Yeah, they don't really have much to keep them together without the Sinsar Dubh. I can't see Barrons just settling down to run a bookstore in domestic bliss.

It's like the SAS boys trying to quit a life of high danger and incredible achievements in keeping the world safe from evil - only to go home and do the grocery shopping every saturday.

message 7: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) What do you do with a millenia old, possibly Unseelie King, man? What if he drinks from the cauldron and loses all his past memories?

message 8: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Well, I don't want to go into graphic detail with what I'd do with him but it would certainly start with chocolate sauce and nakedness.

message 9: by Tatiana (last edited Jan 03, 2011 02:05PM) (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) LOL. That goes without saying, Kat:) I am sure Barrons is man enough for all of us.

message 10: by AH (new)

AH Kat wrote: "Well, I don't want to go into graphic detail with what I'd do with him but it would certainly start with chocolate sauce and nakedness."

Sounds like fun....

message 11: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Yes, the problem is finding a useful vocation for a man such as Barrons (outside the bedroom of course).

Job interview:

"So Mr. Barrons. What's your past employment history?"

"Well, I was the proprietor of a book store while I hunted down fabled, million-year-old relics, bullied young women and became more badass than any other fantasy hero."

"Right... so how do you think you'd fit in an office environment?"

"Well, using my network of Unseelie mirrors, I'm sure I could manage to add some extra space if neccessary."

"Er. Have you ever done any filing?"

"I've kept meticulous records of the dead head I've collected over the hundreds of years of being a theif, mercenery, artifact hunter, computer hacker, dark druid and murderer. Would you like to see?"

message 12: by AH (new)

AH Kat, that is awesome. When are you going to publish that book?

I think Mac 1.0 worked really well back home in Ashford.

Mac 2.0 is perfect for Dublin. I love them both.

message 13: by Kat Kennedy (new)

*******SPOILERS*******************

Comments from KMM about the book cover and Mac:

The Fever Series is all about seeing the truths beneath the illusions and figuring out how to deal with them-or die. While investigating her sister's murder in Dublin, MacKayla Lane discovers that beneath the beautiful surfaces of nearly everyone and everything she encounters, there's something else entirely.
From the Fae with their deadly glamour, to the siren-call of the Unseelie king's all-powerful book of dark magic, to Mac herself who starts out young, lovely and innocent only to end up-well, you'll have to read Shadowfever to find that out-nothing is as it seems.(YIKES from me)

When I first saw the concept art for the cover of Shadowfever, I was thrilled with how well it encapsulated the entire series in a dual design. Lift the acetate cover of Shadowfever and there's something else beneath it: a picture of a woman whose back is to the camera (for good reasons, she doesn't even like to look in the mirror lately) staring off in the distance at something you can't see (and probably wouldn't want to anyway) with a tattoo on her back of black wings, like the Unseelie king. But Mac's human. Isn't she?

-KMM's blog - apparently.

Fark you, KMM! If Mac isn't human then I'm going to be seriously pissed off!

message 14: by AH (new)

AH Tattoos of black wings on her back? Where have I seen that before?

There always was a possibility that Mac was part Fae. Some of those highlander characters were. Maybe one of those part fae highlanders is her father?

message 15: by Kat Kennedy (new)

But it doesn't make sense because V'lane explicitly states that fae can't sense their own objects. So how can Mac then be a fae detecting sidhe-seer?

message 16: by AH (new)

AH Kat wrote: "But it doesn't make sense because V'lane explicitly states that fae can't sense their own objects. So how can Mac then be a fae detecting sidhe-seer?"

Because Mac is Super Fae!!

I don't know.

message 17: by Kat Kennedy (new)

*curles up in corner and cries*

message 18: by AH (new)

AH It's hard for spoiler bunnies to wait this long. It is cruel and unusual punishment.

message 19: by Galla (new)

Galla Because it cracks me up:

The MacHalo world tour