"Fever" Water Cooler discussion

Theories > Who is the Unseelie King?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Kat Kennedy (katkennedy) | 113 comments Mod
Have we met him yet? Or is he stuck in the now-opened prison? Is he Barrons or is he someone else?

message 2: by Kat Kennedy (new)

My guess? Either Barrons or The Dreamy Eyed Boy.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan | 27 comments I'm starting to think the Dreamy Eyed Boy

message 4: by Penny (new)

Penny | 82 comments I've been thinking the Dreamy Eyed Boy too, but then someone in another thread said that they thought the Dreamy Eyed Boy is working for Barrons, like he's a spy or whatever. Now that I've heard this new theory I'm thinking it makes sense. Opening the way for Barrons to be the Unseelie King which, after reading the excerpt of Darkfever, makes a lot of sense.

message 5: by Bec (new)

Bec (loulamai) I think the dreamy eyed boys is the other Unseelie prince, cause at the museum when Mac first sees him she starts fantasizing about him & wondering if he has a brother or two or even three.
I'm thinking Barrons is the king, and the whole stopping her from being pri-ya except for him

message 6: by Kat Kennedy (new)

If the Dreamy Eyed Boy is Barrons' spy then he's done a terrible job in keeping Barrons updated about Christian's spying. I believe Barrons was truly shocked to hear that Christian was both a Mackeltar AND spying on him.

message 7: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Bec, we're told the fourth Unseelie prince died more than 100 years ago. Unless this information is wrong.

message 8: by Bec (new)

Bec (loulamai) ok, I've just finished darkfever again, was there not another man in the orgy she didn't see?

message 9: by Kat Kennedy (new)

There is a fourth unidentified man who raped her but he wasn't an Unseelie Prince.

message 10: by Bec (new)

Bec (loulamai) ah ok that's who I was thinking of when she said that

message 11: by Zeek (last edited Jan 07, 2011 08:08AM) (new)

Zeek | 89 comments I think dreamy eyed guy is the fourth who raped her- for sure he's fae because he was blurry to her and that's how she recognizes fae things in dreamever.

and now cross-posting:

Just got done rereading the convo Mac had with Ry in Chester's in dreamfever and thot...Jeeze zooie what if Mac is the Unseelie King in another carnate after drinking form the cauldron?? Anyone see the movie Dead Again? (excellent movie btw)

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) Wow, you guys come up with some great stuff. I'm thinking that maybe the dreamy eyed boy is the fourth rapist. But, maybe he could be the Unseelie King...

According to the blurb from Shadowfever, Mac, at some point ends up in the Unseelie King's bed.

Jan 18th can't come soon enough.

message 13: by Zeek (new)

Zeek | 89 comments I dont know if it's actually HER in the bed or her reliving the concubine bit while she's in the white mansion... btw, I do believe she's aleady in the realm of the concubine's white mansion at the end of dreamfever...

message 14: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I don't want Mac in anyone's bed but Jericho's!

message 15: by Zeek (new)

Zeek | 89 comments word

message 16: by Émeraude (new)

Émeraude (meraude) | 59 comments Tatiana wrote: "I don't want Mac in anyone's bed but Jericho's!"

Yes!! LOL

message 17: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) I've been thinking Barrons all along, After the ending of Dreamfever, I started doubting that theory, but the more I thought about it, I now am back to Barrons.

message 18: by Kat Kennedy (new)

My opinion is either we've not yet met the Unseelie King or it's the Dreamy Eyed boy! Though I do agree with the Gripper theory too.

message 19: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I don't think Barrons is the UK. It only leaves the dreamy-eyed boy...

message 20: by Katie (new)

Katie (kahneks) | 20 comments I have been skimming through a few of these threads and I think Tatiana and Kat were the only ones to guess correctly on at least a portion of the UK's hidden identity. Nobody even came close to predicting who killed Alina, and I don't think we ever got a name for Barrons?

message 21: by Zeek (new)

Zeek | 89 comments oh no no, I called mac- but not for the reasons KMM gave us- but people said "now we're really getting crazy" haha!