Goodreads Malaysia discussion

Arkib (50 Buku Setahun 2011) > Salehah's 50; 2011

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Ibrahim (lylaibrahim) I've read many good reviews about this series...
hope you'll enjoy reading it..

message 2: by Hajar Y, (last edited Jan 03, 2011 06:01AM) (new)

Hajar Y, (quillandkindle) | 105 comments Salehah wrote: "1. The Thief - Megan Whalen Turner
Quite good. I will be reading the whole series."

The series just get better and better. The 3rd book is by far my favourite. Cannot wait to see what the author will come up with next.

message 3: by Najmuddin, Tok Mudin (new)

Najmuddin (mudin001) | 998 comments Mod
Salehah wrote: "1. The Thief - Megan Whalen Turner

Oh, boleh masuk rating kat sini ya? Ambo baru tau!

message 4: by Johnny (new)

Johnny B. Rempit (johnnyrempit) | 287 comments Macam mana nak letak rating tu? Tak reti la HTML ni. Kalau dapat letak contoh lagi baik. :)

message 5: by Hajar Y, (last edited Jan 05, 2011 12:13PM) (new)

Hajar Y, (quillandkindle) | 105 comments Johnny wrote: "Macam mana nak letak rating tu? Tak reti la HTML ni. Kalau dapat letak contoh lagi baik. :)"

Setahu saya, imej atau perlu dimasukkan satu demi satu dengan menggunakan tag URL: [image error]

Bahagian ... digantikan dengan URL berikut (Right click dan copy URL)
URL Imej : http://www.goodreads.com/images/layou...

URL Imej : http://www.goodreads.com/images/layou...

Kalau tak nak masukkan bintang satu demi satu, boleh juga hasilkan imej rating sendiri dan hoskan di picasaweb/photobucket/sebagainya. Hanya ganti URL imej dengan URL imej baru yang dihasilkan.

message 6: by Johnny (new)

Johnny B. Rempit (johnnyrempit) | 287 comments Thanks for the tip.

message 7: by Siti (new)

Siti Rahmah | 174 comments Najmuddin wrote: "Salehah wrote: "1. The Thief - Megan Whalen Turner

Oh, boleh masuk rating kat sini ya? Ambo baru tau!"

tulah...nak tau gak mcm mana nak buat tu

message 8: by Siti (new)

Siti Rahmah | 174 comments Salehah wrote: "lyla wrote: "I've read many good reviews about this series...
hope you'll enjoy reading it.."
Thank you Lyla! Happy reading to you too!

Shy wrote: "The series just get better and better. The 3rd b..."

ooo guna html...

message 9: by Jack (new)

Jack (echoicglory) | 295 comments I'm not sure whether I should laugh or feel completely creep out... I was just flipping through my friend's blog and she blogged about The Little Prince and I clicked on recent post on GRMY... And you have The Little Prince as the latest book read... Freaky...

message 10: by Jack (new)

Jack (echoicglory) | 295 comments Salehah wrote: "Wow, haha :) What a coincidence.."

Yeah, now I will have to go and get the book ^^

message 11: by Sandst (new)

Sandst (mayairy) I read The Thief recently, it was awesome! The characters are very likable, and I like the little twist at the end. Hehe.

I'm having trouble getting my hands on the paperback versions of the series tho. ):

message 12: by Sandst (new)

Sandst (mayairy) Salehah wrote: "Sandst wrote: "I read The Thief recently..."

:) Like Shy, the third book became my favourite of the series.
Yeah, come to think of it, I do not remember actually seeing the books in bookstores. Od..."

I'll prolly order them online if I can't find the books. Haha. It's a series I think I'd like to own firsthand rather than borrowing from the library. :) But thanks, because your comment made me google libraries in KL and I found one that I'd like to check out sometime in the future. Hee.

message 13: by Khairul Hezry, I hate people but not you. You, I like. (new)

Khairul Hezry | 2357 comments Mod
The answer is "love".

message 14: by Jack (new)

Jack (echoicglory) | 295 comments Salehah wrote: "I'm supposed to be studying, but couldn't resist
16. The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma - Trenton Lee Stewart

Also, a riddle I liked that was from the book:

The answer to this riddle has a hole in the middle,
And some have been known to fall in it.
In tennis it's nothing, but it can be received,
And sometimes a person may win it.
Though not seen or heard it may be perceived,
Like princes or bees it's in clover.
The answer to this riddle has a hole in the middle,
And without it one cannot start over. "

Now I'm tempted to read the book. But, I've told myself a thousand times over I should not be buying anymore new books until -- well, the festival. I'm trying hard not to break my promise...

message 15: by Jack (new)

Jack (echoicglory) | 295 comments Salehah wrote: "Just curious—what festival? The book is geared towards kids, but it became one of my favourites. I hope you'll like it too when you get around to reading it :) "

The book fair (PWTC 22/04/11 - 01/05/11), for some reason I've always called it the festival. It made sense to me for some odd reason. I'll look it up, the book I mean, when I go to the fair or a bookstore...

message 16: by Norain (new)

Norain | 687 comments Ganbatte kudasai!

message 17: by Norain (new)

Norain | 687 comments Last year I put in quite a number of children storybooks, and there are people who include manga and comic books, so why not?

message 18: by Hajar Y, (new)

Hajar Y, (quillandkindle) | 105 comments Salehah wrote: "33. Unwind - Neal Shusterman
Amazing."

I agreed 100%! Definitely one of the best dystopian book I've ever read =)

message 19: by Norain (new)

Norain | 687 comments I like steampunk too :)

Tahniah matlamat dah tercapai. 52 kan?