Fantasy-Faction.com discussion

Discussion > Most Anticipated Book of 2011?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marc (new)

Marc Aplin (fantasy-faction) | 18 comments Mod
Hi guys,

What is your most anticipated Fantasy book of 2011?

message 2: by Condwiramurs (new)

Condwiramurs (adaraschia) So far, I think mine would be Eona by Alison Goodman.

message 3: by Leah (new)

Leah Andres | 2 comments Hands down, The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss.

message 4: by Gustav (new)

Gustav Lembke | 4 comments I was gonna agree with Leah, but i think a Dance with Dragons by GRRM takes #1 and Rothfuss #2

message 5: by Marc (new)

A lot of people on our forums and Twitter have 'The Wise Man's Fear' down too, I am yet to read 'Name of the Wind', but after all these comments I am really, really excited to get down to it... It is probably going to be our February book club read because a lot of members want to re-read it before taking on 'Wise Man's Fear'

message 6: by Leah (new)

Leah Andres | 2 comments I have yet to wade into the world of GRRM - I'd like to see him finish off the series, just so I'm not waiting! Since that isn't likely to happen any time soon, his work wasn't even a consideration ;)

The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch is also at the top of my list, but there still isn't a definite laydown date for it.

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Klein | 1 comments For me it's Wiseman's Fear and Memory of Light (Final installment in Wheel of Time).

I anticipate Dance with Dragons as well, but I'm skeptical it will even come out this year!

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I'm looking forward to Wise Man's Fear as well. At least we know that it's certainly coming out this year, unlike with A Dance With Dragons. I'm starting to believe I lost all hopes for the latter.
I am very excited about the HBO Game of Thrones series, though. Give us ASOIAF fans something to look forward to.

message 9: by ChristinaJL (new)

ChristinaJL | 1 comments I'm looking forward to reading Adrian Tchaikovsky's new shadows of the apt book, and Blake Charlton's second novel following Spellwright.

message 10: by Marc (new)

As promised guys... Here is the Fantasy-Faction guide to 2011;

http://fantasy-faction.com/2011/most-...

message 11: by Annmarie (new)

Annmarie Ager | 1 comments Adaraschia wrote: "So far, I think mine would be Eona by Alison Goodman."

i so want to get that book eon was wicked so im hopeing eona will be even better

message 12: by Genna (new)

Genna (gennas) I'm not sure if this counts, but I'm looking forward to Across the Universe by Beth Revis

message 13: by Blodeuedd (new)

Blodeuedd Finland | 1 comments It was Memory of Light but now I read in the forum that it has been pushed to 2012 *cries*

So....the new Chris Evans, the new Peter V Brett. Dunno really.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Across the Universe (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Beth Revis (other topics)