Discovering Russian Literature discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
GENERAL TOPICS > New member

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johanna25) Hey Antia and Amalie! My sister, Kristen, has joined GR and our group. Hopefully she'll be able to join us on our first group read!

message 2: by Amalie (last edited Jan 02, 2011 10:25PM) (new)

Amalie  | 650 comments Mod
Hello Kristen! and welcome.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Kristen :)

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1 comments Hello! Thanks for the welcome!

message 5: by Amalie (new)

Johanna, I just wanted to know, if this group will be working in the future, if not I'm going to leave, there are too many group in my list and I'm thinking of leaving the ones that are not active.

message 6: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johanna25) Go ahead, Amalie. Unfortunately, things are too busy for me to moderate a very active group, and I believe it's the same case for Antia. We both wanted to start this as a way for us to talk about our readings, but we don't have time to use it like other groups (very active, constant updates, etc, etc). Now it's looking like we'll only occasionally be on here. If we're able to devote more time to this group, we'll definitely let you know in the future!

message 7: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johanna25) Oh also, I believe Antia has left Goodreads for now. It's probably best to pack up the group now--maybe in the future I'll have more time to make it a good group!

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Pleša (plesica) Hello everyone! I LOVE russian literature and I hope that you can suggest some of your favourite russian authors. I kinda ''stuck'' on Dostoyevsky, Pushkin, Lermontov... so I'm not familiar woth modern authors.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Loveclassicmovies wrote: "Hello everyone! I LOVE russian literature and I hope that you can suggest some of your favourite russian authors. I kinda ''stuck'' on Dostoyevsky, Pushkin, Lermontov... so I'm not familiar woth mo..."

Welcome! :)

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Pleša (plesica) Thank you very much! :)

message 11: by Amalie (last edited Apr 02, 2011 07:57PM) (new)

Yoo what happened? Did I live in a cage or something for past two weeks!!! Nice to see things are going REALLY well, I'll see you when I see you.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Amalie wrote: "Yoo what happened? Did I live in a cage or something for past two weeks!!! Nice to see things are going REALLY well, I'll see you when I see you."

Welcome back ;D

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura Book Binge Blog (oaki) Hello people! I joined the group because just now, [I'm on a break] I'm reading Crime and Punishment. I have to finish it by tommorow noon. Thought this group could help me with some reviews on it, after I finish it, various opinions, etc, so I'll capture the main point from different POV.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.