75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2011 Completed) > Bailey's 75

Comments Showing 1-50 of 103 (103 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 1. Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4) by Roberts, Nora

message 2: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4124 comments Mod
Baily, what did you thick of this series. I used to be a fan of Nora Roberts but then over the years I kind of got away from her books. However, these books look like they might be a fun beach or rainy day read.

message 3: by Dawn Michelle (new)

Dawn Michelle | 2921 comments Andrea, I LOVED this series!!! Easy, fun reads!!!

message 4: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) Dawn Michelle wrote: "Andrea, I LOVED this series!!! Easy, fun reads!!!"

I'm looking forward to finishing this series! I've already read the 1st 3 and am waiting for the last one to arrive from Amazon. I loved the first 3 so I'm betting it will be great.

message 5: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments Andrea wrote: "Baily, what did you thick of this series. I used to be a fan of Nora Roberts but then over the years I kind of got away from her books. However, these books look like they might be a fun beach or r..."

I really liked them. They are definitely light and easy reads. The concept was cute and the way she carried it through made reading the whole series worth it. I don't know if this last one was the best one, though.

message 6: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

You guys convinced me that I need to add these to my beach bag next summer!...lol

message 7: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 2. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Quinn, Julia

message 8: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 3. Jane by Lindner, April

message 9: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 4. The Two Princesses of Bamarre
by Levine, Gail Carson

message 10: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 5. Nice Girls Do by Duncan, Sarah

message 11: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 6. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
by Fantaskey, Beth

message 12: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 7. The Golden Spiral by Mangum, Lisa

message 13: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 8. Wondrous Strange by Livingston, Lesley

message 14: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 9. Ten Things I Love About You by Quinn, Julia

message 15: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 10. Darklight by Livingston, Lesley

message 16: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 11. The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Chapman, Gary

message 17: by Angie H (new)

Angie H Bailey wrote: "11. The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Chapman, Gary"

What did you think of this??

message 18: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments Angie wrote: "Bailey wrote: "11. The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Chapman, Gary"

What did you think of this??"

It helped me. My husband and I have a pretty good marriage, but the book helped me understand myself and past disappointments better. We both know now how we communicate love best and I think it will help us in the future. Reading it was more like brushing teeth than a filling - preventive care.

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 134 comments Bailey wrote: "but the book helped me understand myself and past disappointments better...Reading it was more like brushing teeth than a filling - preventive care. "

I think for well-developed marriages your response would be typical. I can imagine for some people it would be very, very eye-opening.

message 20: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments Melissa wrote: "Bailey wrote: "but the book helped me understand myself and past disappointments better...Reading it was more like brushing teeth than a filling - preventive care. "

I think for well-developed ma..."

Yeah I can see that. I can't really see how anyone would read this and not benefit from it, unless they are in denial or completely self-absorbed.

message 21: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 12. Tempestuous by Livingston, Lesley

message 22: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 13. Clockwork Angel by Clare, Cassandra

message 23: by Tuğçe (new)

Tuğçe Gökırmak (tugcenidasevin) What did you think about this one, Bailey?

message 24: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments Tugce Nida wrote: "What did you think about this one, Bailey?"

I actually liked it better than City of Bones. I gave it 4 stars. I am excited about a sequel. What about you?

message 25: by Tuğçe (new)

Tuğçe Gökırmak (tugcenidasevin) I haven't read it though it is in my TBR and I keep seeing good reviews probably will read it soon.

message 26: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 14. She Went All the Way by Cabot, Meg

message 27: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 15. The Lady Most Likely...: A Novel in Three Parts by
Quinn, Julia and others

message 28: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 16. The Dark Divine by Despain, Bree

message 29: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 17. My Soul to Take by Vincent, Rachel

message 30: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) Bailey wrote: "15. The Lady Most Likely...: A Novel in Three Parts by
Quinn, Julia and others"

How did you like this one Bailey? It's here somewhere in the pile I have to read. LOL

message 31: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 18. The Host by Meyer, Stephenie

message 32: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments Christy wrote: "Bailey wrote: "15. The Lady Most Likely...: A Novel in Three Parts by
Quinn, Julia and others"

How did you like this one Bailey? It's here somewhere in the pile I have to read. LOL"

I was a little disappointed because it was the story of three different couples getting together in one short period of time, but since the novel is short, it is kind of separated into three mini-stories within the same setting. Since each couple only got about 100-150 pages, there wasn't much room for anything but sexual tension then the conclusion. Not really developed very much.

If you are looking for an easy, no-brainer/substance - pure romance - then this it.

message 33: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

I want to read the Host just because I read the Twilight series...lol

message 34: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments Andrea wrote: "I want to read the Host just because I read the Twilight series...lol"

I really enjoyed it the first time, and that is why I re-read it. :)

message 35: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 19. Last Sacrifice by Mead, Richelle

message 36: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 20. Vampire Kisses by Schreiber, Ellen

message 37: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 21. Kissing Coffins by Schreiber, Ellen

message 38: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 22. The Freedom from Depression Workbook by Carter, Les

message 39: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 23. Vampireville by Schreiber, Ellen

message 40: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 24. Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart by Pattillo, Beth

message 41: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 25. Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys
by Brian, Kate

message 42: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 26. Princess Academy by Hale, Shannon

message 43: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 27. Private by Brian, Kate

message 44: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 28. Dead Beautiful by Woon, Yvonne

message 45: by Karol (new)

Karol Hi, Bailey! I've been away awhile . . . nice to see you in the group again this year. Looks like you're on target for the 75 goal in 2011.

message 46: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 29. Thornyhold by Stewart, Mary

message 47: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments Kay wrote: "Hi, Bailey! I've been away awhile . . . nice to see you in the group again this year. Looks like you're on target for the 75 goal in 2011."

Hi Kay! Yeah summer is my time to get ahead a little... I am hoping to get to 45 or 50 by the end of summer.

message 48: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 30. Unearthly by Hand, Cynthia

message 49: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 31. How to Be Popular by Cabot, Meg

message 50: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (baileyann2) | 278 comments 32. Jane Goes Batty by Ford, Michael Thomas

« previous 1 3