~Opinions~ discussion

31 views
Debates > What should be done about wolves?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments this is one of the most controversial issues. should they all be exterminated? should wolf hunting be banned? should there be bounties? should they be on the endangered species list? should they be allowed to roam free? should they be kept only at national parks and preserves? what do you think?


message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i don't think they should be exterminated, thats for sure, i think there should be preserves and hunting them should be banned but self-defence should always be allowed.


message 3: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments but wolves NEVER attack humans. even if he or she is being exceedingly stupid.
but many people don't like wolves killing livestock. what about that?


message 4: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments KILL THEM ALL.

MWAHAHA.


message 5: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments i would threaten to kill you, but i already got yelled at for that.
so...explain why you think so.


message 6: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments No idea. I'm just prejudging wolves for no reason.

I honestly don't really think about wolves that often and they don't really affect me.


message 7: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments but they affect other ppl, and other ppl affect them.
i will not threaten to kill you. i'm working on my anger. let it suffice to say that i hate you with the burning passion of a thousand blazing suns. no offense.

so are you okay with wolves being on the endangered species list, or do you think they should be hunted?


message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) That's kinda harsh Donatello. She was obviously joking.


message 9: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments Donatello wrote: "but they affect other ppl, and other ppl affect them.
i will not threaten to kill you. i'm working on my anger. let it suffice to say that i hate you with the burning passion of a thousand blazing ..."


Awesome. Love you too.

I have no opinion on whether or not they should be on the endangered species list.


message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Hey btw, feel free to check out the new polls.


message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Findë wrote: "KILL THEM ALL.

MWAHAHA."


O_O


message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Donatello wrote: "but they affect other ppl, and other ppl affect them.
i will not threaten to kill you. i'm working on my anger. let it suffice to say that i hate you with the burning passion of a thousand blazing ..."


That turned into my threat: Zim shall kill you.......Muahahahahahaha.....haha....-.-


message 13: by Nate (new)

Nate They should be put on the endangered species list and put in some type of reserve so they aren't hunted. This will help stop them from killing the livestock of struggling farmers.


message 14: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Emma (Snowy thoughts) wrote: "That's kinda harsh Donatello. She was obviously joking."

so am i. and you accuse me of not having a sense of humor!


message 15: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Nate wrote: "They should be put on the endangered species list and put in some type of reserve so they aren't hunted. This will help stop them from killing the livestock of struggling farmers."

but the land is rightfully the wolves'. farmers are invading their hunting grounds. wolves prefer wild game, but humans chase them away, so they are forced to prey on livestock. so you're saying wolves shouldn't roam free because of humans?


message 16: by Nate (new)

Nate If they roam freely humans are going to shot them, so what would you rather have dead wolves that will then be extinct for sure or live wolves, living on a reserve where they are protected but yet still live in the wild.

I think its for thier own safety as well as humans.


message 17: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments humans are not in any danger from wolves.
but wolves have the right to freedom, as much as humans do. i think there should be a fee for every wolf shot. they are too valuable to the ecosystem to become extinct, besides being incredibly awesome creatures.


Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments Donatello wrote: "but wolves NEVER attack humans. even if he or she is being exceedingly stupid.
but many people don't like wolves killing livestock. what about that?"


we had a wolf attack a few days ago..wonder how that happened since they NEVER attack humans :P


message 19: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments do you know what the situation was? cuz in the arctic, a scientist thought the wolves were gone, so he entered their cramped little den. the mother wolf and her pups were in there, and they didn't attack or anything, just waited for the guy to leave. that's just an example.


message 20: by Nate (new)

Nate They may be awesome creature but the fact remains that there are more humans than wolves. So putting them on a reserve of some type is the lesser of two evils, and their best chance to survive.


message 21: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments there should be many more wolves, but they've been hunted badly. i suppose you're right in a way, but wolves need a lot of space. are you saying ALL wolves should be kept only in caged areas?


message 22: by Nate (new)

Nate Donatello wrote: "there should be many more wolves, but they've been hunted badly. i suppose you're right in a way, but wolves need a lot of space. are you saying ALL wolves should be kept only in caged areas?"

I said nothing about a cage. When I say reserve I think of like national parks or out in the open but off limits to hunters and stuff. Maybe way up in the mountains. As close to their natural enviroment as possible.


Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments Donatello wrote: "do you know what the situation was? cuz in the arctic, a scientist thought the wolves were gone, so he entered their cramped little den. the mother wolf and her pups were in there, and they didn't ..."

i doubt that guy was going to explore wolves den since there are no dens in our local park... oddly enough wolves are well not exactly common around the part where i live.


message 24: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Nate wrote: "Donatello wrote: "there should be many more wolves, but they've been hunted badly. i suppose you're right in a way, but wolves need a lot of space. are you saying ALL wolves should be kept only in ..."

preserves have large cages.
but wolves have been wandering away from yellowstone park, for example. what then? radio collars?


message 25: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Fariha wrote: "Donatello wrote: "do you know what the situation was? cuz in the arctic, a scientist thought the wolves were gone, so he entered their cramped little den. the mother wolf and her pups were in there..."

there's a species of wolf that lives in the middle east, you know: the arabian wolf. and the indian wolf lives around india. they don't just live in the cold climates, although they mostly do


message 26: by Jen (new)

Jen | 26 comments animal rights forever!


message 27: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments i feel the same way. but how would you enforce that?


message 28: by Jen (new)

Jen | 26 comments Donatello wrote: "i feel the same way. but how would you enforce that?"

Eh I have no idea lol. I just believe that animals should be treated with respect and I'm a tree hugger so yay!


Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments Donatello wrote: "Fariha wrote: "Donatello wrote: "do you know what the situation was? cuz in the arctic, a scientist thought the wolves were gone, so he entered their cramped little den. the mother wolf and her pup..."

er when did i said anything about them living only in cold climates?


message 30: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments no, it's just that most people assume that. i'm just saying that there are wolves in Pakistan.
can you tell me about the wolf attack??


Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments Donatello wrote: "no, it's just that most people assume that. i'm just saying that there are wolves in Pakistan.
can you tell me about the wolf attack??"


i said the area where i live in. I know wolves are common in pakistan but not where i live.. as in they are not common in my city.


message 32: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments ok ok, just dispensing information...


message 33: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments but how?


message 35: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments i can't go on youtube. : (


Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments aww why not?
the video is about how brutally we kill animal to make fur coats etc etc.
it actualy shows how people kill those poor creatures.. one time they skinned the animal alive!! :(


message 37: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments ALIVE?! holy ____! it makes me want to go out there and skin the hunters alive.


Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments yea.. they actualy showed that part... they were skinning it and that poor creature was blinking!
its also about how they trap those animals and they develop cage madness!
this video traumatized me sooo much!


message 39: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments sarah palin, the previous governor of alaska, has a NATURE show now. that is SO MESSED UP. she's a HUNTER. she offered a huge bounty for the left forelegs of wolves!!!!! that is so disgusting and cruel!!!!!!


message 40: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments yeah, but we're told to do that, but most don't. i think there should be a law that you have to recycle...i mean, is it really that much effort?


message 41: by Smog1997 (new)

Smog1997 (confuzzlement) | 163 comments i think they should be allowed to roam free, in their natural habitat, but i don't really know much about wolves


message 42: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments how will we prevent ppl from shooting them illegally??


message 43: by Smog1997 (new)

Smog1997 (confuzzlement) | 163 comments well, how do u prevent ppl from shooting any animal illegally?


message 44: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments that's the problem. but with wolves A LOT of people shoot them illegally.
did you know that in some national parks, people pay BOUNTIES for hunters to kill wolves? that is so messed up!!!


message 45: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) What is it with you and wolves?


message 46: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Well, they do the same with elephants. And tigers. And lions. Especially elephants, because their teeth are worth a lot.


message 47: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments what do you mean, amina? elaborate.


message 48: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Nothing to "elaborate", honey


message 49: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments don't call me honey. i am not a baby.


message 50: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Honey can be used for any aged person


« previous 1
back to top