We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

News > My kindle Lending list...

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (Cagnes) (last edited Jan 06, 2011 07:32AM) (new)

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 223 comments All my Lisa Kleypass books have been loaned out, but you're welcome to borrow anything else from my list...
http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

I can only lend out each book once & it's for a 14 day period. Just PM me with your email address if you're interested.

message 2: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments That's very sweet, Christine!!!

message 3: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Wow, it's the same as with the Nook, I thought they might try to do one better than them but its matched!

message 4: by Christine (Cagnes) (last edited Jan 02, 2011 05:06PM) (new)

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 223 comments Thanks Dhestiny! I wish more of Lisa K's ebooks were lendable, since I have several more titles.

Bekah... I don't think the lending terms are dictated by the publishers rather than Amazon or B&N. Most of the books that are lendable on my Kindle account seem to be the ones that were free at one time or another. Unfortunately, not many of the ebooks I purchased are lendable. I was surprised when I noticed that some of LK's books were lendable!

message 5: by Carol Ava (new)

Carol Ava (avatrue) | 22 comments Christine S. wrote: "All my Lisa Kleypass books have been loaned out, but you're welcome to borrow anything else from my list...
http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

I c..."

I never knew we could do this with kindle books? I'm new with my kindle and I love it!

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan (thebookhunter) | 3 comments I just got a nook so Im new to the lending. Can kindle and nook lend to each other? or any of the e-readers for that matter?

Megs

message 7: by Amar (new)

Amar | 118 comments Ladies, do you know if you can lend from a Kindle app (on my iPad) or does it have to be the actual Kindle?

message 8: by Denise (new)

Denise | 47 comments Amar wrote: "Ladies, do you know if you can lend from a Kindle app (on my iPad) or does it have to be the actual Kindle?"

You do it from the Amazon site, you need the persons email address that you are loaning it to and the book is not available for you to read for 2 weeks, or until they "return" it. You do this under "manage my Kindle" scroll down to the books you own and when you click the + sign it will say if you can lend the book out. I do it through my ipad but through amazon site in safari. I have a kindle to lend shelf if anyone wants to borrow. Oh also you can only lend out the book once.

message 9: by Amar (new)

Amar | 118 comments Thanks so much for the detailed directions, Denise, boy do I need them! I will try it and see. Sucks that you can only lend out a book once.

message 10: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Denise, I finally figured out how to do this thanks to your directions. Thanks.

message 11: by Denise (new)

Denise | 47 comments Your Welcome! :)

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 871 comments I just opened my very first Kindle for my birthday gift not two hours ago! I have loaded 3 books to it already! So excited!

message 13: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Oh, Heidi! Congrats and Happy B-day again!

message 14: by Bettie (new)

Bettie (bettieb00) | 1 comments Heidi wrote: "I just opened my very first Kindle for my birthday gift not two hours ago! I have loaded 3 books to it already! So excited!"

cant wait for my one, hope u have a great bday!

message 15: by Amar (new)

Amar | 118 comments Yehhh Heidi, congratulations! Have fun...I looooove my Kindle app!

message 16: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I love my Kindle, too!!! I have almost 500 books on it!

message 17: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Sorry, Taryn. All my Kleypas books are PB or downloaded from the library.

message 18: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Me too. I don't have any.

Lisa Kay, can I download audibles from the library for my Kindle?

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 223 comments Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Does anyone have a Lisa book that I can borrow to start off with, please? I don't have many on my kindle since I am so addicted to buying books still but I can list to you what I have if you like k..."

I'd help you out if I could, but mine have already been lent out. Try http://lendle.me/ , I've had a good bit of success borrowing there.

message 20: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Lisa Kay, can I download audibles from the library for my Kindle?"

Sorry, just reading this, Dhes. As far as I know Kindle doesn't do audio. My library had me download "Over Drive Media Exployer" and MyiLibrary - I much perfer the first as I can not "rewind" the second. Well, I can, but only in large chunks, like chapters. That is why you see me use the initials OD audio after posting the rating of a book.

message 21: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I listen to audio on my kindle, I just wasn't sure if I could download audibles from the library.

message 22: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments You do? Oh, I only have Kindle for PC. Hummm...

message 23: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Yeah, I download samples from amazon audible somethings, but still haven't purchased one.

message 24: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jul 09, 2011 07:58PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Amazon sends me info on their audibles... but I haven't paid too much attention. Didn't know they played on Kindle.

I'm checking my library site now. Besides icons for Mac & PC, they have icons for WMA that says: use on MP3 players that support DRM protected WMA content. And another icon for iPOD.

message 25: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I can play MP3s on my Kindle... hmm....