~Opinions~ discussion

Religion > Non-religious Growth

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) It would seem that the number of non-religious people have grown steadily over the last 50 years, becoming more and more common. Some are even expressing concerns/hopes that religions will some day cease to exist, and that the majority of people in the world will be atheists and agnostics and the like.

Here's a statistic that also includes the number of non-religious people:

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By...
http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_p...

So what are your thoughts on this? Is it horrible and unbelievable, something that should be hindered? Or is it fantastic that so many people have decided not to follow a religion? What are your thoughts?

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) It certainly is going to be interesting, now that religions are being threatened :) Anyway, remember that it's not only atheists. It's aslo agnostics and people who just don't belong to a religion.

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison (alanacooper) | 6 comments well and also there's the people who just don't have a religion, they neither hate the people w/ religion (atheists), nor do they (partially) agree with them.(agnostic).

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Emma (Snowy thoughts) wrote: "It certainly is going to be interesting, now that religions are being threatened :) Anyway, remember that it's not only atheists. It's aslo agnostics and people who just don't belong to a religion."

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Think you're on the wrong page Lindsay :)

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison (alanacooper) | 6 comments .....unless my name is Anna lol but i c ur point if you were talking to me:)

message 7: by Allison (last edited Jan 02, 2011 01:24PM) (new)

Allison (alanacooper) | 6 comments haha ok, i understand and mybad:) i am now very much informed.

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) @Mary: Can you give us statistics?

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Okay, after 3 days of no statistics being given, I will assume that no such statistics exist. I will then post this link:

http://evidenceforchristianity.blogsp...

Which should tell you that atheism is actually growing, thus making your statement wrong. Less and less people are not beginning to have no religion, less and less people are beginning to have one.

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (mariachhile) | 14 comments Hmm... I don't think that's a bad thing, or a good one either. I'm neutral. I for one truly have no religion, because I have totally different beliefs than anything I know, so I just have my own religion, but it somebody asked me what my religion was I could not put a name for it.

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) What is your beliefs? Maybe I can help.

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Huh? Didn't you just say that less and less people are beginning to not have a religion?