Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.C. (last edited Jan 18, 2011 01:03PM) (new)

K.C. May Hi! This is a short intro to my books for those of you interested in reading indie authors.

The Venom of Vipers is a sci-fi thriller (a la Michael Crichton)-- available for all ereaders (Amazon, BN and Smashwords) and in paperback (from Amazon and my web site). It was selected by the Journal of Always as one of the top 15 books of 2010!

A super-virus is wiping out the human population. Our only hope is a genetically-modified human that could beat it. Ryder wants to be more than a lab rat; he wants to be free. Katie wants him to save the world. Genetic purists want him dead.

Read a sample online.

"The Venom of Vipers is a fast paced read with an interesting kick, exciting characters, and a unique story." --Blogcritics

"K. C. May has spun another captivating tale. With this second novel, she once again proves that she knows how to string a story to maintain reader interest. ... It was a compelling read that was able to sweep me away." --Grace Krispy, on her blog Motherlode

--

The Kinshield Legacy is a heroic fantasy adventure, available for all ereaders (Amazon, BN and Smashwords) and in paperback from Amazon.

A mysterious stone tablet, five magical gems, and an ancient letter haunt Gavin Kinshield, a warrant knight destined to become king... unless he can find a replacement before the dark sorcerer Brodas Ravenkind finds him.

Read a sample online.

Antony at SciFi & Fantasy Books called The Kinshield Legacy "a beautifully crafted fantasy work that works so well, perfect escapism and highly recommended."

"Wow. I was hooked in the first chapter and had trouble putting the book down to sleep last night. ... I cringed, I delighted, I was completely and utterly engaged." --Grace Krispy, on her blog Motherlode

If you're participating in the I Heart Indie Books Reading Challenge this year, I hope you'll consider my books. Thanks for taking a look!

KC

message 2: by K.C. (new)

K.C. May I have a Goodreads giveaway for The Venom of Vipers going on now until Jan 11, 2011 at http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

If you prefer ebooks, I'm doing a giveaway of The Venom of Vipers on my web site until Jan 12, 2011. Details are at www.kcmay.com

message 3: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Beyers (mandybeyers) | 173 comments Woohoo! I downloaded your free book - thank you! Now off to add the other to my wishlist at BN.com.

message 4: by K.C. (new)

K.C. May Oh great! Thanks, Amanda. I hope you like it!

message 5: by Erika (last edited Jan 05, 2011 12:23PM) (new)

Erika (erikareading) Thank you for offering the free ebook via Smashwords coupon! I have no idea when I'll end up reading it but it sounds kinda cool and I'll give it a try at some point :)

message 6: by K.C. (new)

K.C. May You're welcome! Hope you enjoy the story!

message 7: by Purr More (new)

Purr More (m222) wow, I almost missed this! Thanks so much KC! I love your DRM pledge...that is so cool of you to do that! (okay, have I used enough exclamation points yet?) lol! oops, there I go again :)