Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2011 > Dara 50 Books 2011-Marathon :)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments Try my luck for 50 books in 2011

message 2: by dara (last edited Mar 15, 2011 10:23PM) (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments I like this book a lot. dazzling

The Accidental Billionaires The Founding of Facebook A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal by Ben Mezrich

message 3: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments my second book in January
Little House in the Big Woods (Little House, #1) by Laura Ingalls Wilder

remembering simple life

message 4: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 3. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

I have this book for a long time, and just read it.
I don't know why i didn't read it from the first time i got it.
This book really full of dream, sadness, cleverness, and anything that you wish how wonderful the life is about.

message 5: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 4. Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi

I never know about lesbian. how they feel, how the think about their self. lesbian plus eating disorder are another stories that i wanna know. and how she conquer it.
but the book sometime not written very clearly, but it's so how Portia de Rossi mind works i think

message 6: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 5. Little House on the Prairie (Little House, #2) by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Toujours simple

message 7: by dara (last edited Mar 15, 2011 10:47PM) (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 6. Farmer Boy (Little House, #3) by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Farmer boy

message 8: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 7. Medium Raw A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook by Anthony Bourdain .

as i usually watch his program at living Channel, now i wanna know more about his writing in his second book. for me it's a lil bit boring

message 9: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 8. Apollo's Angels A History of Ballet by Jennifer Homans .
Ballet is became my second favorite after doraemon in comic book. After watching Black Swan, i wanna know more about history in Ballet, soo this book, a lil bit thick, but very enjoying for me

message 10: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 9. On the Banks of Plum Creek (Little House, #4) by Laura Ingalls Wilder .
The fourth book of Laura Ingals Wilder

message 11: by dara (last edited Mar 15, 2011 11:00PM) (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 10. By the Shores of Silver Lake (Little House, #5) by Laura Ingalls Wilder
By the Shores of Silver lake

message 12: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 11. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

Lolita-Vladimir Nabokov

message 13: by dara (last edited Apr 29, 2011 08:17AM) (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 12. How To Be An American Housewife by Margareth Dilloway

The first time i got this book is the same day when the Tsunami hit Japan. so i curious about japanese people. They are very modern, amazingly discipline, and you can clearly see it, how they handle his terrible disaster.Every newspaper describe it.

This book is really good, for people who love to learn another culture ,east-west thing. but for me, the ending is lil bit easy. How to Be an American Housewife by Margaret Dilloway

message 14: by dara (last edited Mar 22, 2011 10:37PM) (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 13. An Education by Lynn Barber

An Education by Lynn Barber.
The second chapter of this book made into a film, and the movie is very good. So i'm so glad to find the book.

message 15: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 14. Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner

This is very simple children book like Heidi.But at the end the story very heart breaking, shocking ending. the story based on fiction, only the end is based on true event. so sad.

message 16: by dara (last edited Apr 18, 2011 09:20PM) (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 15.

This book really funny.

i love it The Know-It-All One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A.J. Jacobs

message 17: by dara (last edited Apr 29, 2011 08:18AM) (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 16. Breaking Night A Memoir by Liz Murray

I once saw the movie, a tv movie. So reading the book who really experience it, better. This is very good book. a memory of Childhood and teenager years or Liz Murray.How she breaking the night for Harvard on the train.

message 18: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 17. Room- Emma Donoghue

Room by Emma Donoghue

This book is very deep and scary. I just thingking about jack and ma days after i finished it. it's funny and happy ending story

message 19: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments 18
What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami
When I talk about when I talk about running-Haruki Murakami

This book is very amazing. I love it. It’s a memoir. He talks about being a runner and a writer.
He try to explain how to be a runner, and how running made him a good writer. I actually hate running, this kind of sport make me sick, but murakami explain how pain is inevitable and suffering is an optional.
Very good, and I miss this book already after I finish it.

message 20: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs

19.The Year of Living Biblically-A.J. Jacobs

message 21: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments The Guinea Pig Diaries My Life as an Experiment by A.J. Jacobs

20. The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment-A.J Jacobs

message 22: by dara (new)

dara (daradahlawy) | 44 comments Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
20. Blink-Malcolm Gladwell