Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

391 views
Welcome & Introductions > Pet Peeves?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 400 (400 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments We all have our pet peeves: little, perhaps silly things that bother us a lot. Like crooked pictures, flat pillows, or those sqiggly things on the side of a piece of paper you tore from a notebook.

I thought it would be fun to share some of our little pet peeves, and see if anyone shares them, so we feel less alone. :)


message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I'll start:

Authors on Goodreads who rate their own book 5 stars.


message 3: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Oh, my gosh, that first one makes me crazy! :)


message 4: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I'm not sure what you mean, Amber...

chandloski wrote: "It's so annoying, right?"

Totally!


message 5: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments That's really weird, I don't think I've ever had a teacher do that to me, but I think that would irritate me...


message 6: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about Amber. It only happened in junior/ early middle school, but it was CRAZY ANNOYING.

I hate when teachers have no idea about the subject they are teaching. Has any one had a teacher like that?


message 7: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments ★ Jessica ★ wrote: "Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about Amber. It only happened in junior/ early middle school, but it was CRAZY ANNOYING.

I hate when teachers have no idea about the subject they are teach..."


My chemistry teacher last year. Oh. My. Goodness.

I have another one... People who don't text you back, and then don't give a reason for not doing so.


message 8: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Right?! And then you're just like, Thanks for letting me know you were disappearing, it's not like I can see you.


message 9: by Mandie (new)

Mandie | 355 comments Teachers who hover over your shoulder when you are trying to do school work.

People who don't read books and ask me what happens in HP 7 or even worse, people who flick to the 19 years later chapter and only read that.


message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments People who read the last page of a book first.


message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments My Latin teacher did it to my friend in the middle of a quiz. But it was on purpose, and it was really funny.


message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I agree wholeheartedly.

And people who think talking in slang does too. No, you don't need to have perfect grammar at all times, but if you don't even try, it's so hard to understand.


message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I also hate when people say they hate something they've never tried/read/seen/etc.


message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I agree with most of these! but i have to addmit i am really unorganised :S lol

But something that reeeeally annoys me is when i say i want to read a book and have wanted to read it for a really long time, then (there is one person inparticular that does this) they will buy that book before me and tell me all about it and say 'Lauren, you have to read this its amazing!' i'm like, well yeh i did tell YOU about it and now your ruining it for me!. That literaly drives me insane.


message 15: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Kate wrote: "I also hate when people say they hate something they've never tried/read/seen/etc."

Agreed.


message 16: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 210 comments uggh that bothers me too. When people do that it's because they hate the obsesion not the actual thing so they never give the book/movie/musician a chance


message 17: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Even when it's not something people obsess about, people say they hate it without reading it.

But I know what you mean. Like with Twilight, I hated the obsession about it, but I refused to say I hated the books until I actually read them. Now I can say I hate Twilight; I can't however say I hate the series, since I only read the first.


message 18: by Jaiden♥ (new)

Jaiden♥  (helloimjaiden) | 301 comments I hate when people bite their fork or smack their mouth when they chew. Does that make sense? I don't know, but I have huge problems when people have a lack of table manners.


message 19: by Redneck Chickk (new)

Redneck Chickk (redneckchickk) I know exactly what you mean!! My stepsister does it so bad that I won't eat near her anymore!

I hate when people click pens/pencils or tap on things during tests.


message 20: by Mandie (new)

Mandie | 355 comments Mistakes in spelling and grammar, especially things like incorrect usage e.g. their instead of there, especially on published things or products. They just stand out to me and I can spot them straight away and if we have to read practice essays and mark them I can't focus on the other things.


message 21: by Redneck Chickk (new)

Redneck Chickk (redneckchickk) I hate that too. I hate how people pretend to be friends(I don't know if that makes sense..)


message 22: by Mandie (new)

Mandie | 355 comments Yes. I know quite a few people who are nice one minute and then terrible the next. I can't figure them out.


message 23: by Redneck Chickk (new)

Redneck Chickk (redneckchickk) Yeah.. Another pet peeve would have to be commercals on tv!! especially the ones that aren't funny.


message 24: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Mandie wrote: "Mistakes in spelling and grammar, especially things like incorrect usage e.g. their instead of there, especially on published things or products. They just stand out to me and I can spot them strai..."

YES! When we peer-edit in English, I have to force myself to point out other things instead of just the nitpicky (and not so nitpicky) grammar comments.


message 25: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) I hate when in the end of a programme, a voice says "stay tuned for scenes of out next episode" and then it ends and the end song starts playing and there are *No scenes*. if they had to cut it, why not cut the voice too?


message 26: by Sami (new)

Sami | 36 comments Alright i don't know if anyone does this in your school but all the guys in my school walk really slowly in the hallways with this weird walk with of course there pants down their butt. AHHHHHHHHH!!! it makes me crazy!! it's like DUDE walking like that does NOT make you any cooler then you already ARENT!!! and then you get stuck behind them when your trying to get to class and your like AHHHH!!! Sorry rant over :P


message 27: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I can't stand ANYONE who walks slowly in front of me when I'm trying to get to class... Or the random couple that decides to stop and make out RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. Yuck.


message 28: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Taylor wrote: "I can't stand ANYONE who walks slowly in front of me when I'm trying to get to class... Or the random couple that decides to stop and make out RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. Yuck."

People who walk slowly in front of me in general. I don't need to be in a huge hurry or going to class or something, I just happen to walk fast and get really frustrated when I'm going one mule an hour.


message 29: by Sami (new)

Sami | 36 comments Taylor wrote: "I can't stand ANYONE who walks slowly in front of me when I'm trying to get to class... Or the random couple that decides to stop and make out RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. Yuck."
Ikr!!!??? It's so annoying it's like uhh don't need to see that... But I may feel differently when Iam the one making out on the hallway... Oneday... Hahahahhahahah jkjk I would not kiss in the hallways to...public


message 30: by Sami (new)

Sami | 36 comments Kate wrote: "Taylor wrote: "I can't stand ANYONE who walks slowly in front of me when I'm trying to get to class... Or the random couple that decides to stop and make out RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. Yuck."

People w..."


me too!! I've always walked really fast!! But I do have to run basically to class cause all my classes are all the way across the school!!!! I seriously have one class in room like 200 then I have to go to like 60 no joke!


message 31: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 210 comments that'd be horrible. Where i live grade 8 is still elementary so I only have to go to a couple different classrooms and we don't have lockers so I don't have that problem till next year


message 32: by Sami (new)

Sami | 36 comments Yeah that's how my 8th grade was too:) it was middle school but I didn't go very far... high schools a lot different... Nottrying to scare you from it or anything:) I personally love high school:) they stop treating you like kids


message 33: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 210 comments i'm excited for the 'they stop trating you like little kids part' *gets back on topic with another pet peeve*
I hate when your in grade eight and your teachers tell you have to hang out with everyone at school (remember it's still elementry for us so we still have recess and stuff)if they want to hang out with you


message 34: by Taliah (new)

Taliah Lagons | 194 comments I really REALLY hate it when people just assume you haven't thought about things enough just because it makes perfect sense that it won't work! Like once when my friend sugested just making an areoplane and using it as a boat, and when I said that wouln't work she said I was just regecting it because it was her idea and not mine, but it really wouln't work because the marbles would just roll off the wings! Or when people assume you're wrong just because they think they're right! ...I think we've established that I don't like being told I'm wrong.


message 35: by Taliah (new)

Taliah Lagons | 194 comments P.S. Mosquitoes really annoy me aswell *Tries not to scratch elbow*


message 36: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I am the same i HATE being told iam wrong!. But worse i hate when i know for fact that i am right, but the other person still insists that i'm wrong and get really cocky about it, or when they assume i'm not making sense just because they dont know what i mean.

Another one of my biggest pet peeves, is when someone burps next to me. Everyone burps i know, but when someone does it withought covering their mouths and RIGHT NEXT TO ME it makes me so mad and disgusted aswel.


message 37: by Sami (new)

Sami | 36 comments I HATE BEING WRONG!!!


message 38: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 210 comments Taliah wrote: "I really REALLY hate it when people just assume you haven't thought about things enough just because it makes perfect sense that it won't work! Like once when my friend sugested just making an areo..."

that's definitly in my top couple pet peeves. i hate when people are telling you your wrong when you have reliable resources and what they're saying makes no sense what so ever


message 39: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments My grade thinks I'm a genius(I'm not), despite my frequent denial of the fact. I happen to have an extreme need for things to be right, not for me to be right. Then, when I'm arguing about something, usually some little fact from class, they always, particularly this one friend, say "Kate, you're not always right!"

Yeah, I already know that. In fact, I tell you that on a regular basis. It drives me crazy.


message 40: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I feel your pain!. My best friend always says 'You always have to be right, and you believe no one is ever right but you'. First of all i do not think so highly of myself and secondly, i LIKE to be right, but i also live in reality and know that i'm not always right and i am capable of admiting i am wrong even if i prefer not to. I just hate being told how i think by other people. I am the one inside my head i am perfectly aware of how i function. lol soz i got so frustrated thinking about this. I think this group is good! :P


message 41: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Yeah, they also say stuff like. "You think you're always right", which is not only also not true, it's not something that they can say. They can't read my mind, I can. You'd think I would no better than them about what goes on inside it.


message 42: by Sami (new)

Sami | 36 comments all of my friends feel the need to be right so will be arguing about something and then will be like you know what this is a stupid argument and start laughing at each other:)


message 43: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Exactly!. It really frustrates me when people just dictate how i think. Like sometimes they will say 'but you dont even like that/them/it' or 'you always think this...' Well i wasnt aware my mind was readable. It really annoys me when people say with confidence the things i supposidly think and y i do things, and when i correct them they are like no your wrong. I think i would know.

Most of my friends like to be always right aswel, and we are all pretty stubborn so little bickering arguments last long in my group lol.


message 44: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I hate that too! I feel like i am agrreing with everything LOL but its all so relivent to my life! haha.


message 45: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I know its so bizzare, being skinny isnt important and actualy people with meat on their bones tend to look better.


message 46: by Lauren (new)

Lauren haha! i know! i think people that are too skinny look sickly! like they might break or something, you look healthier if your heavier.


message 47: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Yeh otherwise you will be morbidly obease, and eventualy kick the bucket :P. It can also be kind of offencive id the person saying they are fat is skinnier than you, because then they are saying - not directly but still - that you are fat too.


message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren haha Mika, i love that song its on my ipod :D


message 49: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (madlypadly) | 29 comments 1. i HATE mosquitoes!
2. i hate Mosquitoe BITES!
3. when teachers ask you a quistion and you can't answer it (it gives me a funny feeling!)


message 50: by Mandie (new)

Mandie | 355 comments Hannah wrote: "I just hate it when people complain ALL the time, "I'm fat I'm fat I'm fat!" when they're not even fat! UGH!"

I know. That is so annoying. One of my friends will say they are fat and then everyone will say they aren't and someone will say 'you're not fat I am.' And then it will happen again.

Hannah wrote: "yah especially those who go days without eating what lengths just to be skinny?"

One of my friends thinks she is fat for some reason and she tried not eating for a few days and then about two months ago she was talking about becoming bulimic. But like, seriously, everyone knows how dangerous that is along with starving yourself. People die from doing that and it's not like they don't know the risks before they do it. I just don't understand how potential death is worth being unhealthily thin.


« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
back to top