Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Dawn's December Reads

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1320 comments Not many this month and only one M/T...but smoothly got through the holidays, so all good.

Shaken by JA Konrath
BeachCombers by Nancy Thayer
Scarlet Nights by Jude Deveraux

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14971 comments Dawn:
Smoothly through the holidays in one piece and ready for a good year in 2001 is definitely all good! ;)
J. A. Konrath is on my list of authors to try in 2011.

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1320 comments So true Ann! I love the Konrath books...I thought they were going to be fluff type books, based on the title...but they're not...there's some hard core drama in there. Shaken is only available as a download, so read it on my Kindle. Wasn't sure how I felt about that, but it was a very good book...what I don't think I liked was that I thought the ending kind of came abruptly...without holding the actual book in my hands, I didn't realize how close to the end I was - don't know if that played with my simple mind :)

message 4: by Ann (last edited Jan 02, 2011 03:53PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14971 comments Thanks for the tip about Shaken, Dawn! I am with you, I really miss the quick visual of a real book and how close to the end or a chapter break I am when reading on the Kindle.
Dawn wrote: "I love the Konrath books...I thought they were going to be fluff type books, based on the title...but they're not...there's some hard core drama in there."

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

J.A. Konrath (other topics)