Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > What Interracial Book Are You Currently Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,782 (1782 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 35 36

message 1: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6621 comments Mod
I have a thread for members to list what non-interracial books they are reading. We needed one for what interracial books members are reading. So, here it is.

message 2: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Thanks Arch!

message 3: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

I'm reading Beauty & the Geek: I Heart Geeks by Janet Eckford. It's an ebook, and the main couple is a black woman and latino male. So far, so good, but I haven't gotten very far yet, but I'll post my thoughts when I'm done.

Beauty & the Geek I Heart Geeks by Janet Eckford

message 4: by Arch , Mod (new)

You are welcome Michelle.

message 5: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (last edited Jan 01, 2011 12:05PM) (new)

I've finished reading Beauty & the Geek I Heart Geeks by Janet Eckford . I loved the story. I loved the heroine. I loved, loved, loved the hero! When I finished reading it, I thought "what a great couple!" I gave it five stars, but wanted let other members know that it's a sweet/ erotic novella. There's romancing, and a build up of sexual tension etc, but readers that don't care for erotica may, or may not find the love scene too graphic.

message 6: by Arch , Mod (new)

Thanks Michelle. I'll have to pass on this book.

message 7: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

@ Arch:

No problem. I want to discipline myself to at least write a sentence, or two for every book I read, from here on. Reading reviews helps me so much, so I want to start writing them too. Even if the are short :)

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

Good Michelle. I write a review for books I read. My reviews may not even sound like reviews, but they are reviews to me.

message 9: by Nicole (last edited Jan 02, 2011 09:50AM) (new)

Nicole Kurtz I'm currently reading Operative Attraction by RaeLynn Blue, and Private Dick by Drea Riley and Laura Guevara. The stories are separate, but occur in the same city, same time with a few of the characters overlapping.

Fast, fun, and very hot....

Available at http://stores.lulu.com/mochamemoirspress

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I just finished Ruthless Game by Christine Feehan. This is actually a surprise interracial, since the heroine is Asian. Loved it!!!

message 11: by postcrdprincess (new)

postcrdprincess | 383 comments I just started reading Special Forces by Erosa Knowles (ebook). The main characters are a black woman and a white male.

I haven't gotten passed the first chapter, so I can't tell you any thoughts yet on the book.

message 12: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (last edited Jan 03, 2011 08:48PM) (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2003 comments Mod
The Wishing Hour by Jewel Adams/J. Adams - One of my fave authors; really enjoying it so far!

message 13: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Right now I'm reading Don't Bring Home a White Boy And Other Notions that Keep Black Women From Dating Out by Karyn Langhorne Folan . It's not an IR romance by any means. Instead, the author is addressing the many reasons a lot of women, black women- use for not dating outside of our race. So far, Langhorne-Folan has provided some interesting historical info regarding interracial marriage and such. I'm finding it to be a pretty interesing read so far, and would love to discuss it with someone whose read, or reading it right now.

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I've wanted to read that book, Michelle. I hope to get a copy and then I can talk to you about it.

message 15: by postcrdprincess (new)

postcrdprincess | 383 comments Hey Michelle, I was wondering what that book was about. I'm going to have to put it further up on my to-read list.

message 16: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (last edited Jan 10, 2011 03:12PM) (new)

@ Danielle & postcrdprincess:

I hope you're both able to read it soon. The author mentions some historical info that I plan to research further. Not that I don't believe that she's already done the research, I just find some of it very interesting and want a more in depth look for myself.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Oh, that makes it even more worthwhile, Michelle.

message 18: by Tina (new)

Tina | 22 comments Well, I broke down and ordered

Burn by Crystal Hubbard

and

Reye's Gold by Ruthie Robinson

They just came in the mail today. So I plan to start one as soon as I am finished with the current book I am reading.

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Tina, I look forward to your reviews. I can't even find a synopsis for Reye's Gold!

message 20: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Same here. I was wondering what it was about. Looking forward to seeing what you think, Tina.

message 21: by postcrdprincess (new)

postcrdprincess | 383 comments I too look forward to what your thoughts are on both books.

message 22: by Tina (new)

Tina | 22 comments I just read Reye's Gold. Loved it! My review is here

I am already halfway through the Crystal Hubbard book Burn. I must say it is a true mutli-cultural book. The heroine is Af-Am, the hero is Italian. Her ex-husband if half Thai-half Irish. One of the Hero's ex-girlfriends is Russian/Ethiopian. He teaches martial arts so there is a very Asian flavor to the story. I am enjoying that one a lot too. I think it will surpass Crush as my favorite of hers.

message 23: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

I shall have to pick those both up. Thanks, Tina. Will add them to the to-buy list for my IR shelf.

Trotting over to check out your review. :-D

Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend (eliselovesshinyandnew) | 56 comments I just finished The Chevaliers- Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Saga) by Shara Azod and I loved it. I have to go to another site to add the next book in the series (Amazon is famous for having a couple of ebooks in the series but not all-ugh!!). Can't wait to read the next one.

message 25: by postcrdprincess (new)

postcrdprincess | 383 comments Hey Tina, I read your review of Reye's Gold. I will definitely put it on my to-read list.

Sandy, I too loved Thierry's Angel. As a matter of fact, I have read the whole Chevalier series.

message 26: by postcrdprincess (new)

postcrdprincess | 383 comments I finished reading Special Forces by Erosa Knowles, and I enjoyed it.

Now I'm reading The Arrangement.

message 27: by Ahjamu (last edited Jan 30, 2011 02:04PM) (new)

Ahjamu Umi | 3 comments "Find the Flower that Blossoms" is my first novel that was just released. I want to humbly recommend it. The heroine is a White female in an interracial relationship with a Black man. Her personal depression and anxiety intensifies after her best friend is murdered in racial turmoil. She develops an addiction to sex as a coping mechanism. The book was just listed this week with B&N.COM, Amazon.com, etc. I think you'll fall in love, identify, and pull strongly for Ashley, the book's main character. Find the Flower That Blossoms by Ahjamu R Umi

message 28: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

I haven't started reading it yet, but I plan on reading Shara Azod's Flavors - Wasabi Heat by RaeLynn Blue , which is an IR novella.

message 29: by Akeisa (new)

Akeisa Abercrombie (cocoqueen) | 5 comments Michelle wrote: "Right now I'm reading Don't Bring Home a White Boy And Other Notions that Keep Black Women From Dating Out by Karyn Langhorne Folan. It's not an IR romance by any means. Instead, the author is addres..."
Hello Michelle, my name is Akeisa. I read Langhorne's book over the summer and I absolutely loved it! It really puts into perspective the many excuses black women and community use for why dating outside of your race is odd. I would love to hear your thoughts when you are done.

message 30: by Akeisa (new)

Akeisa Abercrombie (cocoqueen) | 5 comments Reyes' Gold is a really good book!

message 31: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

@ Akeisa. Here's the link to my review my review. For the most part, I thought it was a really interesting read. I've recommended it to a few of my friends. I'm hoping they'll read it soon. :)

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 116 comments I just finished  A Kiss of Ashen Twilight (Paperback) by Rae Lori and I thought it was great

message 33: by Arch , Mod (new)

Meme, Rae is a good storyteller.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 116 comments Yes, she is.. :)

message 35: by Tina (new)

Tina | 22 comments Started reading Steady by Ruthie Robinson . Only three chapters in and am really impressed with how this author writes. She only got published because she won a contest, but her writing is so polished and sophisticated. And her story aesthetic is great so far.

This one has an Asian hero who would fit right into my neighborhood. he has a 'green' home, he bikes incessantly, kayaks, travels all over the world. Yup, he could easily be an Ithacan. LOL.

message 36: by Arch , Mod (new)

I'm reading Scandal In Copper Lake (Silhouette Romantic Suspense) by Marilyn Pappano

message 37: by Reading (new)

Reading Deva | 498 comments I'm reading Burn, by Crystal Hubbard

Charmer (+ Vibes Only) | 283 comments I'm reading The Taming of Katrina (The Chevalier Saga) by Shara Azod

message 39: by Maria (new)

Maria | 11 comments I hae nearly finishedScandal In Copper Lake

Its my first inter-racial short romance novel. Its very interesting read and likeable characters and brings up interesting points on racial issues and customs and traditions of the south of USA which I don't know much about. The plot of intrigue is well thought out.

message 40: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I just finished Strange Little Band Two psychics. One mega-corp. All-around bad behavior. by Nancy Brauer . It was very good, although there are some elements that take away the feel-good romance vibe. I loved the family aspect a lot.

message 41: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

I'm starting Adrienne (A Bron Universe Novel) by D. Renee Bagby .

message 42: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) I read Sweet Ultimatum Sweet Ultimatum by Naima Simone by Naima Simone a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Warning: it has graphic sex and language.

message 43: by Gina Mondi (new)

Gina Mondi | 11 comments I just finished a story on ValentChamber.com called Beast...Amazing!!

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 116 comments Thanks Gina. I'm gonna check that site out is it like the sweetest Taboo site? I'm having a hard time with that site.. Can you read the stories easily or do you have to join and all that?

message 45: by Gina Mondi (new)

Gina Mondi | 11 comments Meme,

This site is pretty easy to navigate through. You don't have to be a member to read any of the stories. Kept in mind that none of the stories are edited by editors. Its writers who post their stories and many of them are really good. You can rate the stories and give the writers honest feedback. You can also post any of your writings as well..Its definitely worth checking out. I tried the sweetest taboo and i am having a hard with it too

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 116 comments Thanks again Gina,

I've checked the site out and your right it is easy to navigate and it looks like a lot of good and interesting stories are on there too.. What fun! :)

message 47: by Gina Mondi (new)

Gina Mondi | 11 comments Anytime! Enjoy the reads! :)

message 48: by Arch , Mod (new)

Does this site have a mixture of stories? I would like to check it out, if they have non-erotic stories and interracial stories.

message 49: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

I finished reading Adrienne by D. Bagby , which was ok. I'm starting Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh , which I believe is also an IR romance.

message 50: by Arch , Mod (new)

Let us know if the second book is an interracial book Michelle.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 35 36
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.