Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > January 2011 - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 321 (321 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Jan 01, 2011 07:40AM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Welcome a new year of reading.

Stop by and tell us what you are currently reading and share impressions of your recently finished book.

message 2: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Jan 01, 2011 07:43AM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I greeted the new year by being in between with several books:

Reading Kleypas' It Happened One Autumn, listing to audiobook in the car Collins' Mockingjay and listening to audiobook at home Feehan's Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, #1).

message 3: by colleen (new)

colleen (colleenfl) | 458 comments I'm reading Spring Flowers, Spring Frost: A Novel by Ismail Kadare. A love story of a painter and a girl set in Albania.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 77 comments Finished Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones & A is for Alibi (Kinsey Millhone, #1) by Sue Grafton . Have started Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern & Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult .

message 5: by Meg (new)

Meg (megkelly) | 2 comments Finished reading all of the Pretty Little Liars series with is horrible by the way. I also read Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto , Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5) by Melissa de la Cruz , and Bloody Valentine by Melissa de la Cruz . Now I am reading Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly . So far I am enjoying it, even though it can be boring.

message 6: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments I'm going to try and shake up my reading a bit this year.... I tend to have blitzes on different genres then go off them for a while on to others. So, I though I would try reading a couple from each genre and then move on to another. My genres are very broad though, historical romance, romantic suspense and then paranormal romance (which includes UF).

Anyway, I just got off a hefty historical romance kick so I'm going to start my next genre reading with Assassin's Honor (Order of the Sicari, #1) by Monica Burns . Just started it and so far so good.

Anyone else trying something different with their reading?

message 7: by Inga (new)

Inga | 261 comments LibraryLass, good choice - loved that book! Enjoy :)

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annabell123) I finished reading Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea....which was ok but not as good as her others. And I also just finished It Had to Be You, which I loved. I am looking forward to starting this series. I had started it in high school, but don't remember how far I got.

I am started on Blue Moon and also intend on reading Undead and Unreturnable, Shadow Kiss, and Fragile Eternity this weekend. I would consider these some of my "easy" reads because I can read them in one sitting.

message 9: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments So Annabell are you a multi-reader? By that I mean you read more than one book at a time.

message 10: by Ann (new)

Ann (annabell123) Normally, I am not. However, I have recently gotten into borrowing audiobooks from overdrive online. So when I am listening to an audiobook, I am usually also reading a book. However, right now, I have the audiobook and the hard copy, so while I am doing stuff around the house, I am listening to it. Then when I can sit and relax, I am switching to reading it myself....since I can read a lot faster than listening to the audiobooks. That probably is kind of silly, but it works for me right now.

Oh, and I guess I have read more than one book at a time when one of the books is a huge book and I want to do a quick read in there too.

message 11: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments Wow! I'm a one book at a time person. I've tried reading different books but I end up mixing up the stories in my head when I sleep and that's not conducive to a good nights rest!

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin H Finished Winter's Bride (Season's Brides, #1) (Harlequin Historical, #477) by Catherine Archer and can't wait to read the rest in the series...almost finished Sold to a Laird by Karen Ranney !!

message 13: by Jasmin (new)

Jasmin (princ3ssjasmin) | 91 comments Just finished
The Darkest Fire (Lords of the Underworld, #.5, Prequel) by Gena Showalter

Currently reading
Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Highland Pleasures, #2) by Jennifer Ashley

message 14: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I just finished Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins , got a bawly. Great series, sad it's over.

message 15: by Robin (new)

Robin DeJarnett (robindejarnett) | 8 comments I just finished Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas and started Shades of Atlantis by Carol Oates . After that will be something COMPLETELY different: How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming by Mike Brown

message 16: by Lory (new)

Lory (moty) | 12 comments Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Just finish Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost and it was a really good book, so good I couldn't put it down. So it was a good start for this year reading :o)

Now I'm currently reading One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost . Hope is as good as the first one

message 17: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 22974 comments I am currently listening to Santa, Baby by Lisa Renee Jones (that I expected to finish before Christmas) and have queued up Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica #4) by Larissa Ione to start next.

message 18: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) Started the New Year off right with Roarke and Eve in Judgment in Death (In Death, #11) by J.D. Robb . Not sure which book I'm headed for next!

message 19: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments What a great way to start 2011, Megan! I'm with you, have just finished Assassin's Honor (Order of the Sicari, #1) by Monica Burns and completely at a loss as to what to read next.

Macwolf01 [Elise] (macwolf01) | 1012 comments Just finished Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7) by Lara Adrian and starting Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #8) by Lara Adrian

message 21: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 822 comments Finished: Asmodeus by Dawn McClure -Awesome start to the New Year
Starting/currently reading: Healer's Choice (Ghostland World, #3) by Jory Strong Mistress Christmas (Wild West Boys, #1) by Lorelei James

message 22: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments I finished two books this year already! Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms, #1) by Kristin Cashore His at Night by Sherry Thomas .

Now I'm reading Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2) by Pamela Clare

message 23: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn | 0 comments Starting an Advanced Reader Copy of Outside In (Inside Out, #2) by Maria V. Snyder . So far, so good!

message 24: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I'm reading Magic In the Blood (Allie Beckstrom, #2) by Devon Monk , it's okay right now, not great.

message 25: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments Finally decided on what to read next. Just picked up Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, #1) by Deborah Cooke

message 26: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 444 comments Just finished Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins . I did like it but was let down a little bit.
I started Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward last night but am also in the middle of World War Z An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks .

message 27: by Beckie (new)

Beckie (chikittie) | 12 comments I am reading: Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer and My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2) by Rachel Vincent

Just finished: The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Amazing book!

message 28: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) | 194 comments Well, I was reading Desired, but I got tired of all the historical research I was having to do in order to makes sense of all the Plantagenets running around in it! I'm taking a break from all that intrigue and reading about vampires: I read Blood Price and Blood Trail - great series, for anyone who is looking for a vampire/weres - type read.

I just started reading Still Lake, a romantic suspense by Anne Stuart.

message 29: by Gaijinmama (new)

Gaijinmama | 85 comments Sorry, I'm unable to use the add books/authors feature right now...some sort of bug or glitch.

I'm reading Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia. It's a paranormal YA with (duh!) Angels. It's a quick read and I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars. I'd probably rate it higher if I were 15 years old.

message 30: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 788 comments I have finished Once Bitten, Twice Shy Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1) by Jennifer Rardin 2 stars
Kiss of Midnight Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian One of the scenes particularly creeped me out -the one where Lucan performs a sexual act on the heroine while she is sleeping. Apart from that it was ok I've been told that the series gets better so I'm not giving up on it yet. 3 stars
Last Sacrifice Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6) by Richelle Mead I found this one very slow until about half way through then it really did pick up and got really exciting that I couldn't put it down. I liked it, but it didn't leave me feeling much afterwards like the previous five novels in this series. It's no Blood Promise BUT still a very good read I love the cover design, The black heart made up of dragons, birds and flowers over the blood red background, the dripping blood effect and the simple silver lettering. 4 stars
Catching Fire Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins a great number of plot twists were beyond anything I had imagined. And I didn't expect so much of it, Rest assured that this book destroys superbly the idea that the second in a trilogy is the weakest. If you have not read The Hunger Games, do so immediately. 5 stars
I have started Angels' Blood Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh

message 31: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I held off reading the Hunger Games series for almost a year even though I had the first two books. It was so good, I don't know why I held off.

message 32: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) reading Earl of Darkness by Alix Rickloff

message 33: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Carolyn F. wrote: "I held off reading the Hunger Games series for almost a year even though I had the first two books. It was so good, I don't know why I held off."

Same thing happened to me Carolyn. I had the first two books for almost a year and I just read the first book last month (and loved it!) I'm planning to read the second one this month. :)

message 34: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) | 194 comments Finished with Still Lake - not a bad book, on the whole. I have to say though that I like Anne Stuart's historicals WAY better than her contemporaries.

Now I'm reading my first e-book on my laptop -- The Raven's Revenge. Kindle for PC will have to do until I get around to ordering the thing! It's set during Restoration, which is unusual, and the plot is just unfolding. It's not bad so far...

message 35: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Just finished It Happened One Autumn. Another 5-star read from Kleypas. Really enjoyed Lillian and Westcliff's relationship.

Will start Ashley's Pride Mates, one of my Pick-it-for-Me Challenge books.

message 36: by Abha (new)

Abha Yz, I love Westcliff!!! Can't wait for what u think of Devil in Winter. LK does a great job with redeeming St. Vincent.

I'm currently finishing up the LK Travis series with Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas . I hope se ends up writing a book for Joe in the future.

message 37: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments Have just finished Touch Me (Langley Family Trilogy, #1) by Lucy Monroe , fabulous 5 star read.

Now I'm reading Broken (Rafferty, #2) by Shiloh Walker

message 38: by Ann (new)

Ann (annabell123) I just finished Shadow Kiss, and now am on to Fragile Eternity. I'm not sure what I will move onto next....maybe Fallen or Blue Bloods.

I am also getting back into using audiobooks, so I am going to start listening to Undead and Unpopular and then move on to Blood Promise.

message 39: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments Yz the Whyz wrote: "Just finished It Happened One Autumn. Another 5-star read from Kleypas. Really enjoyed Lillian and Westcliff's relationship.

Will start Ashley's Pride Mates, one of m..."

I loved both those books Yz.

message 40: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I finished Magic In the Blood (Allie Beckstrom, #2) by Devon Monk that was so-so and gave up on To Tame a Highland Warrior (Highlander, #2) by Karen Marie Moning .

message 41: by Kim (new)

Kim (catmommie) I'm going to read Metro Girl for some January challenges.

message 42: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Right now I'm reading Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine, #1) by Heather Webber .

message 43: by Kristin (new)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4) by Nora Roberts

Finally! I just hope Parker remains hard as nails and gives Malcolm a run for his money!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I recently finished His Darkest Hunger (Jaguar Warriors, #1) by Juliana Stone 5 stars!

I am starting His Darkest Embrace (Jaguar Warriors, #2) by Juliana Stone later today!

message 46: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Brenda wrote: "Right now I'm reading Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine, #1) by Heather Webber."

I got that one recently...let me know how you like it!

message 47: by Abha (new)

Abha After Lisa Kleypas' Travis series, but reading a non-romance in The Book Thief by Markus Zusak .

message 48: by Laurentiu (new)

Laurentiu Lazar (laur1989) | 31 comments Currently reading Jane Eyre and I'm really enjoying it and I can understand why it is a classic.

message 49: by Inga (new)

Inga | 261 comments Just finished Angels' Blood and will start Slave to Sensation. Hopefully, this book is as good read as 'Angels' Blood was! :)

message 50: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments You guys are reading 3 of my favorites! The Book Thief, Jane Eyre & Slave to Sensation. :)

I have Angels' Blood to read soon but I'm sort of tired of vampires and I moved it to next month's mini-TBR. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7