Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > January 2011 Purchases

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1866 comments Mod
Happy New Year! Share here the purchases you make in January to start off 2011.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (raindust) | 33 comments Happy New Year everyone!

I pre-ordered Across the Universe by Beth Revis a few hours ago.

message 3: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) The evilness of Borders let out its siren song again with 75% off clearance and 50% coupons.

I got Shadow Hills, Jared, the Signature Edition of Vampire Academy, Some Like It Wild, Fallen Angel, Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, Red Dice and Dracula: the Un-dead.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Just bought from Borders

The Lost Saint (Dark Divine, #2) by Bree Despain Entice (Need, #3) by Carrie Jones Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer Black Wings (Madeline Black, #1) by Christina Henry Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments I just bought Life After Phantom Opera Erotica by Samantha from Barnes & Noble.

message 6: by Joseph (last edited Jan 02, 2011 12:48PM) (new)

N. L. wrote: "The evilness of Borders let out its siren song again with 75% off clearance and 50% coupons..."

I know what you mean. For my first buy of 2010 I got The Stokes Field Guide to the Birds of North America by Donald Stokes with my 50% coupon.

message 7: by Joseph (new)

Got a delivery from Thriftbooks.com Carbs and Cadavers (Supper Club Mystery, Book 1) by JB Stanley/Ellery Adams

message 8: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) This morning I ordered the following from Borders.com -
Zen in the Art of Writing, Once in a Full Moon and Dark Embers.

message 9: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shannibal) just bought: The Devil Inside (Morgan Kingsley, #1) by Jenna Black The Devil You Know (Morgan Kingsley, #2) by Jenna Black The Devil's Due (Morgan Kingsley, #3) by Jenna Black The Devil's Playground (Morgan Kingsley, #5) by Jenna Black Watchers in the Night (The Guardians of the Night, #1) by Jenna Black Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2) by Nicole Peeler Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler all from ebay...some new some used. My habit it getting so expensive I try to save anyway I can lol. I love this site and being able to "bookswap!" I still sometimes resell some of my series on ebay though to try and recoup a little money...anyone else do that?

message 10: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Today I purchased Kiss of Midnight and Storm Front.

message 11: by Joseph (new)

Shannon, if I wasn't so afraid of going way overboard with bidding, I might have challenged you on eBay for those Nicole Peelers. :-)

message 12: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shannibal) Hey Joseph, no couldn't have LOL! They were buy it now or best offer. The company does have more though. The sell the first two for 16.99 OBO and they accepted my offer of $13.50. Although, I am sad to say I missed out on the 3rd book which sold for a bid of only $2.99 :(

message 13: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Nicky wrote: "I just bought Bloodlust, even though I said I wouldn't buy any more books for a long while >.<."

I promised myself that too on Dec. 31st...but already failed miserably. ;)

message 14: by Ann (new)

Ann (raindust) | 33 comments I bought the following today:
Ready or Not (All-American Girl, #2) by Meg Cabot Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta A Note of Madness (Definitions) by Tabitha Suzuma What They Always Tell Us by Martin Wilson

message 15: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Annika wrote: "I bought the following today:
Ready or Not (All-American Girl, #2) by Meg Cabot Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta A Note of Madness (Definitions) by Tabitha Suzuma What They Always Tell Us by Martin Wilson"

Nice Choices although if you really liked All-American Girl, you may find yourself very disappointed in Ready or Not. :)

message 16: by Ann (new)

Ann (raindust) | 33 comments Yeah, the reviews aren't very positive but I wanted to read it anyway. :)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I bought from Half Price
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) by Carrie Vaughn Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2) by Carrie Vaughn Kitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville, #3) by Carrie Vaughn

From Borders
Awakened (House of Night) by P.C. Cast Bitten (Dangerous Girls, #1-2) by R.L. Stine Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber

message 18: by Joseph (new)

❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought from Half Price
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra ClareKitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) by Carrie VaughnKitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2) by Carrie VaughnKitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville, #3) by Carrie Vaughn

From Bor..."

If you haven't read them already, you'll like Carrie Vaughn's books.

message 19: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shannibal) Oh I loved the Kitty Norville Series! I just got Pray for Dawn (Dark Days, #4) by Jocelynn Drake in the mail today, which completes my dark days series lol. Joseph, I sent you a message with a link for an AWESOME deal on two Nicole Peeler books :)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Joseph wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought from Half Price
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra ClareKitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) by Carrie VaughnKitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2) by Carrie Vaughn[bookcover:Kitty Takes a Holiday|1..."

I read the first two and I really liked them

message 21: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Today I picked up Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian

message 22: by Sue (new)

Sue (suetinge) Ordered at the end of Dec. but received yesterday: Fall of Giants by Ken Follett and Dead or Alive by Tom Clancy - got a great deal on them so I couldn't resist.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I thinking about going out and buying some more

message 24: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) Happy New Year everyone!! I have had to cut back on my book buying :( But i did order Awakened (House of Night, #8) by P.C. Cast a couple days ago from Amazon..... don't really have anything else planned to by this month, but who knows :) Depends on how many 40% coupons Borders sends out! LOL

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments I've been a little bad. I bought:

Crux (Southern Arcana, #1) by Moira Rogers Strange Neighbors (Strange Neighbors, #1) by Ashlyn Chase Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1) by Sarah MacLean The Hostage (Chicago Fire Trilogy, #1) by Susan Wiggs Enigma by Lora Leigh The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan Drink of Me by Jacquelyn Frank Seducing the Vampire by Michele Hauf Sojourn by Gina Lake Strange Bedpersons by Jennifer Crusie Spying in High Heels (High Heels Series #1) by Gemma Halliday Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel Camille by Tess Oliver Enchanted, Inc. (Book 1) by Shanna Swendson In The Eye of The Beholder A Novel of The Phantom of the Opera by Sharon E. Cathcart Hunting Season (The Gathering, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Aphrodite's Kiss by Julia Kenner Darkness Captured (Dark Realm, #4) by Delilah Devlin Along Came A Demon (Whisperings, #1) by Linda Welch Thierry's Angel by Shara Azod The Haunted Bookshop (Barnes & Noble Library of Essential Reading) by Christopher Morley Shara Azod's Flavors - Wasabi Heat by RaeLynn Blue 1001 Steamy Nights-Positively Despotic by Shara Azod 7% and Rising by Kim Knox Breaking Chance by Kim Knox

and then preordered: Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning

I'm calling in quits until next month.

message 26: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) I picked up Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand and Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3) by Lara Adrian today along with my pre-ordered copy of Awakened (House of Night, #8) by P.C. Cast . I also pre-ordered Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11) by Charlaine Harris (for 56% off) and Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) by Chloe Neill .

message 28: by Ann (new)

Ann (raindust) | 33 comments I just ordered Rainbow Boys by Alex Sanchez Empress of the World by Sara Ryan Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman .
Really excited to read Unwind.

message 29: by Joseph (new)

Just received an order from Borders Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3) by Faith Hunter and Thriftbooks Chili Con Corpses (Supper Club Mystery, Book 3) by JB Stanley/Ellery Adams The Deeds of the Disturber (An Amelia Peabody Mystery, #5) by Elizabeth Peters

Ashley ~twisted_illusions~ (twisted_illusions) | 28 comments My orders from Borders, Half.com, & Amazon all came last week

From Borders.com
Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) by Rachel Caine Night World, No. 3 Huntress, Black Dawn, Witchlight (Night World, #7-9) by L.J. Smith

I brought this home from my last Borders Store visit
The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (Mortal Instruments, #1-3) by Cassandra Clare

From Half.com
The Harvest (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) by Richie Tankersley Cusick The Xander Years, Volume 1 by Keith R.A. DeCandido Visitors (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) by Laura Anne Gilman The Willow Files, Volume 1 by Yvonne Navarro Deep Water (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) by Laura Anne Gilman The Dark Times Lost Slayer Serial Novel part 2 by Christopher Golden King of the Dead Lost Slayer Serial Novel part 3 by Christopher Golden Ghost Roads (Buffy the Vampire Slayer The Gatekeeper Trilogy, #2) by Christopher Golden Angel City of (Angel, #1) by Nancy Holder Sanctuary (Angel, #17) by Jeff Mariotte The Power of Three (Charmed) by Constance M. Burge Kiss of Darkness (Charmed) by Constance M. Burge Voodoo Moon (Charmed) by Constance M. Burge A Secret Life (Alias) by Laura Peyton Roberts

From Amazon
Awakened (House of Night, #8) by P.C. Cast Bloodlust (The Vampire Diaries Stefan's Diaries, #2) by L.J. Smith Blood Price (Victoria Nelson, #1) by Tanya Huff

From Amazon Kindle
Retro Demonology by Jana Oliver Hunted By The Others (H&W Investigations, #1) by Jess Haines Remedial Magic (Faeriewalker, #0.5) by Jenna Black Beasts and BFFs by Shannon Delany The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson

message 31: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) N.L. where did you pre-order the next Sookie and Chicagoland Vampire books at!!?? I gotta get in on that deal!! :):)

message 32: by Joseph (new)

Just received another delivery from Thriftbooks: Poisoned Petals (Peggy Lee Garden Mystery, #3) by Joyce Lavene Perfect Poison (Peggy Lee Garden Mystery, Book #4) by Joyce Lavene Pretty Poison (A Peggy Lee Garden Mystery, #1) by Joyce Lavene

message 33: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 510 comments I know I said I was done, but I bought Serenity (A Gezane Universe Novel) by D. Renee Bagby for my nook.

message 34: by N.L. (last edited Jan 11, 2011 04:18PM) (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Susan (Suz) wrote: "N.L. where did you pre-order the next Sookie and Chicagoland Vampire books at!!?? I gotta get in on that deal!! :):)"

I got them from Borders.com with my plus membership - Dead Reckoning ended up being 56% off as it is 46% off right now. I used the 33% off coupon for Hard Bitten.

message 35: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) Nice! I gotta remember to do that!!! :):) Thats a dang good deal!

message 36: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (26kathryn) | 42 comments I haven't really been buying any books lately as I've been getting most of mine through bookmooch. But I did buy one today because it was in a sale for only 49p.
Carnival of the Dead (Mutant Point Horror) by Laurence Staig

message 37: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 58 comments My brother had a groovy Xmas present for me: $100 of books off bookdepository:-D Which I rounded off with a couple extra books:-D

Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2) by Lilith Saintcrow Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3) by Lilith Saintcrow Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Fire Study (Study, #3) by Maria V. Snyder Mr. Darcy's Obsession by Abigail Reynolds All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins Undertow (Cutter Cay Trilogy, #1) by Cherry Adair Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight, #1) by Sarah McCarty Lady Be Good by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Just Imagine (Revised) (Formerly Titled,"Risen Glory") by Susan Elizabeth Phillips The Kissing Game by Kasey Michaels The Last Arrow (Robin Hood, #3) by Marsha Canham Deal With This (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #7) (Goddard Project Trilogy, #2) by Lucy Monroe Running with the Devil by Lorelei James Simply The Best by Shirley Jump Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone Bound By Honor An Erotic Novel of Maid Marian by Colette Gale Double Play (Pacific Heat, #1) by Jill Shalvis Slow Heat (Pacific Heat, #2) by Jill Shalvis Wild West Boys by Lorelei James Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Highland Pleasures, #2) by Jennifer Ashley Corralled (Blacktop Cowboys, #1) by Lorelei James Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid, #1) by Allison Brennan Burning Up by Susan Andersen Bitten in Two (Jaz Parks, #7) by Jennifer Rardin Ride the Fire The Firefighters of Station Five by Jo Davis The Trouble With Paradise by Jill Shalvis Blood Trinity (Belador, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Not That Kind of Girl (Dog Walkers #3)  by Susan Donovan When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4) by Rachel Vincent The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2) by Susan Donovan

message 38: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) Woo Hoo nice bro Melanie!!:)

I just bought Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent online from borders.....

message 39: by Joseph (new)

WOW! Very nice Melanie!

message 40: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Nice selection Melanie!

message 41: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Today I bought Be Mine Tonight (Brotherhood of Blood, #1) by Kathryn Smith , Seducing the Succubus (Sisters of Darkness, #1) by Cassie Ryan and XVI by Julia Karr . I picked up my pre-ordered copy of Balefire by Cate Tiernan and pre-ordered Dark Prince (Carpathians, #1) by Christine Feehan (the Author's Cut edition with extra content!). Just a few minutes ago, I found out that the $25 B&N gift card I ordered with credit card rewards points is on its way which has me all excited for more books that I can pretty much only get through bn.com

message 42: by Sue (new)

Sue (suetinge) I hadn't planned on buying anything else this month, but I had $5 in Borders bucks and my hubby wanted a book. The one he wanted was out of stock, but I got Murder With Puffins (Meg Langslow, #2) by Donna Andrews The Third Option (Mitch Rapp, #2) by Vince Flynn and Separation Of Power (Mitch Rapp, #3) by Vince Flynn all for about $10.

message 43: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 58 comments Caved again and got One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey Shalimar the Clown by Salman Rushdie Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder at the bookstore on my break, lol

message 44: by N.L. (last edited Jan 15, 2011 08:54PM) (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) My gift card came in today and I promptly ordered Insatiable by Morgan Hawke & Mating Games (Halle Puma Series #1-3) by Dana Marie Bell . I pre-ordered the paperback of Bear Necessities by Dana Marie Bell . I also got a belated holiday gift (that traveled from Belgium) of L'appel de la lune (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs & L'amant furieux (La confrérie de la dague noire, #3) by J.R. Ward

message 45: by N.L. (last edited Jan 17, 2011 04:44PM) (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Today I bought Battered Not Broken by Celia Kyle , Angel by L.A. Weatherly , Secret Lives (Darke Academy, #1) by Gabriella Poole , Wicked Harvest by Anitra Lynn McLeod , Entangled by Cat Clarke and Vampyre Kisses by Elizabeth J. Kolodziej . I think that it is for the month. *is scared to see next month's credit card bill*

message 46: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (herbtiff) | 411 comments Having a bad day last Friday. Decided I needed a pick me up or two or three! Gifts (Annals of the Western Shore, #1) by Ursula K. Le Guin Gifts by Ursula K. Le Guin. Crave (Crave, #1) by Melinda Metz Crave Laura J. Burns and Melinda Metz. Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie Matched by Ally Condie.

message 47: by chucklesthescot (last edited Jan 18, 2011 10:39AM) (new)

chucklesthescot Time for a copy and paste session...

Most are from readitswapit and charity shops and the rest by Waterstones gift card...

Holidays Are Hell by Kim Harrison
Inside The Kingdom: My Life In Saudi Arabia by Carmen Bin Ladin
The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game by Michael Lewis
Climbing High by Lene Gammelgard
Eiger Dreams: Ventures Among Men and Mountains by Jon Krakauer
DC Confidential: THE CONTROVERSIAL MEMOIRS OF BRITAIN'S AMBASSADOR AT THE TIME OF 9/11 AND THE RUN-UP TO THE IRAQ WAR: The Controversial Memoirs of Britain's ... Time of 9/11 and the Run-up to the Iraq War by Christopher Meyer
Seven Years in Tibet by Heinrich Harrer
All Balls and Glitter: My Life by Craig Revel Horwood
Son of the Morning Star by Evan S. Connell
Battle Cry of Freedom: The Civil War Era by James M. McPherson
The Gathering Storm by Winston S. Churchill
Man of Everest by Tenzing Norgay
Eiger Direct by Peter Gillman
The Woman I Was Born to Be by Susan Boyle
The Saga of Larten Crepsley (1) - Birth of a Killer by Darren Shan
Higher Than the Eagle Soars: A Path to Everest by Stephen Venables
Entice by Carrie Jones
A Simples Life: The Life and Times of Aleksandr Orlov by Aleksandr Orlov
My Love Lies Bleeding by Alyxandra Harvey
Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep
One Hundred Days: The Memoirs of the Falklands Battle Group Commander by Sandy Woodward
Storms of Silence by Joe Simpson
A Year in the Sun by Michael Vaughan-ARRIVED
Fragile Eternity and Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr-ARRIVED
Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston
WHITE DEATH, IN THE PATH OF AN AVALANCHE by Mckay Jenkins
Annapurna South Face (Tr) by Chris Bonington
South Col: One Man's Adventure on the Ascent of Everest 1953 by Wilfred Noyce
High Adventure: The True Story of the First Ascent of Everest by Edmund Hillary
The Ascent of Everest by John Hunt
Life and Limb by Jamie Andrew
Epic: Stories of Survival from the World's Highest Peaks by Clint Willis
Savage Summit: The Life and Death of the First Women of K2 by Jennifer Jordan
Dark Summit: The Extraordinary True Story of Everest's Most Controversial Season by Nick Heil
Bitten in Two by Jennifer Rardin
No Way Down: Life and Death on K2 by Graham Bowley
The White Spider by Heinrich Harrer

message 49: by Lia (new)

Lia (ileela) Hello everyone. I am new here. I just got my order in the mail and was so excited I had to tell someone. lol
I just purchased,
The Onion Girl (Newford, #11) by Charles de Lint A Princess of Landover (Magic Kingdom of Landover, #6) by Terry Brooks The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette by Carolly Erickson The Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn by Robin Maxwell The Queen's Mistake In the Court of Henry VIII by Diane Haeger

message 50: by chucklesthescot (new)

chucklesthescot Lia wrote: "Hello everyone. I am new here. I just got my order in the mail and was so excited I had to tell someone. lol
I just purchased,
The Onion Girl (Newford, #11) by Charles de Lint[bookcover:A Princess of Landover|6..."

I like my Tudor books as well! There's nothing more exciting than a book package in the mail!

« previous 1