twilight lovers! discussion

Monthly Group Reads > Firelight Book Discussion: January 2011

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla First of all, I would like to say happy new year to everybody, and I hope all of your midnight wishes come true. This month's read is Firelight by Sophie Jordan (who just so happens to be a GR author.) Here are my discussion questions for you this week:

1. This book is recommended strongly for Twilight lovers. Based on the cover and the description on the back cover, would you have picked it up by yourself? Would you have thought you might enjoy it?

2. Sophie Jordan is a Goodreads Author. If you got to ask her one thing and you were only a few chapters in, what is the first question you would ask?

I'd also like you all to come on whenever you can and update the page number you're on. :) Happy reading!

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I actually didn't pick it up off of a bookstore shelf. I got it as a reward for reading a certain amount of books from another list. They took me to just a stack of books in the back, and it was between this one and another. I actually didn't think I would enjoy this one... the back sounded kind of odd to me. But I got it. :)

I think the first thing I would ask her would be 'How did you come up with the idea of draki?'

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (ziraels) | 15 comments I added it to my tbr list long time ago just because the cover caught my attention and made me read description.

I haven't started reading book yet so Im not sure what I would ask her.

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla The cover did look interesting when I picked it up.

So, has anyone else started reading yet? What do you all think? What page are you on?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the sound of this but Its not out for me on paperback until march and Kindle is to expensive straight after christmas. :(

message 6: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Aww, that stinks!!!!

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 32 comments @ Lindsey, I have the digital copy I maybe able to email it to you? If you would like.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Ashley wrote: "@ Lindsey, I have the digital copy I maybe able to email it to you? If you would like."

I would be forever greatful to you Ashley

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

@Ashley, Thank you so much it works perfectly I will read this next. I'm exited about reading this one. I am now forever greatful. :)

message 10: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Ashley, thanks. That was really nice of you. :)

Lindsey, I hope you enjoy it!

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 32 comments Well I probably wouldn't have picked this book out but I am finding more and more that I am enjoying these books that don't automatically appeal to me. The whole Draki thing just seemed too weird. However I finished this book and even reading the first page I really got into it. However I am mad at the way the book ended because now I am going insane trying to figure out how the rest of the story will play out. I hope Sophie plans on making a 2nd book!!

To ask Sophie a question, I want to know how the idea for this story came about? Then after reading the entire book I want to ask why did you have to leave us all hanging like that??

Yum-Yum the warrior thank you for another awesome pick!

message 12: by Kayla (new)

Kayla You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it, Ashley. To me, the cover looked both like something I really wanted to read and also something I really didn't but I, like you, ended up loving it. And the best part - Sophie does plan on making a second book, and a third as well! Details are already out about the second.

*SPOILER*
What did you think about Will and her relationship with him?

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 32 comments *SPOILER*
I was kind of torn, I really liked Will and the relationship but then the more I think about it, it is almost like I wonder if he is only drawn to her because of the draki blood? That is awesome to hear about a 2nd and 3rd book!

message 14: by Kayla (new)

Kayla *SPOILER* Yeah, I thought about that, but... I mean... I think he really is drawn to her just because he loves her too, but i love the relationship that they have. I want to see how she would be with Cassian though... just to see, you know?

I can't wait for the second and third. And she lives only a couple hours away from me. :)

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 28 comments I agree I would want to know what made her come up with the idea of draki. I also think it reminded me of Twilight and can understand why it was recommended for Twilight fans. I bought it because it has been getting a lot of buzz on YouTube so I thought I would give it a try.

I finished it today.

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 22, 2011 10:57AM) (new)

starting this today my reading list has been huge so now Its time I read it.

message 17: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I'm glad! I hope you like it, Lindsey.

message 18: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I just read the sample for this last night on my Kindle ... I'm debating if I want to buy it. Is it worth the investment? Is it a good book?

message 19: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 32 comments I really enjoyed it, I think I still have a copy of it if you are interested!?