The Next Best Book Club discussion

Group Read Discussions > Brave New World - No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10121 comments Mod
Ok guys, get your spoiler free sci fi classic on!!

message 2: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 94 comments How can you spoil Brave New World? Anyone who keeps up on current events knows it's old news, anyway.
Unless,of course,they've been living under a rock. In which case they wouldn't get past the first chapter.
-j

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10121 comments Mod
Welcome back j. Been awhile. Is that a bit of saracasm I detect?

message 4: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 94 comments Like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder.
-j

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol J, I just crawled out from under my rock to say hi .Now I am going back under the rock to contemplate Brave New World. myawwwwhhhaaaaa Be back later.

message 6: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 94 comments You live under a rock? What a strange thing to admit. Somehow, I don't believe you. or, "Is that a bit of sarcasm I detect?"
However, BNW is enough to make one want to crawl under a rock, once they realize that the story is a done deal. :)
If you're not back later, I'll understand. I may not be here myself, come to think of it.
The horror. The horror.
cheers,
-j

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol LOL My rock has a hole in it. See ya later but then again maybe not here.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I found this book dry, difficult to get through, and I was left with no emotion for any of the characters. It was required reading in high school, and once I had slogged my way through it, I decided never to read it again.