Read the Earth's Children Series! discussion

The series

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2 comments I read the whole series when I was younger and then read Shelters of Stone when it came out. Loved the earlier books, but Shelters of Stone was garbage. I wonder how the final one will be or if I have the desire to actually purchase it and read it?

message 2: by Samatra (new)

Samatra I think I was around 12 when I read the first one, and I remember really enjoying it. I think the next one comes out in the next couple of months. Do you have any suggestions about how to 'advertise' this group? Would be really fun to find a group to read the books together, even if some people only want to read some. Are you interested?

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2 comments I'm totally down. Re: publicizing the book group, facebook post?

message 4: by Samatra (new)

Samatra Excellent! I'll post on Facebook later to drum up some interest, will perhaps start the first book January 3rd or so..will you spread the word too? I posted a message in a Jean Auel group on here, but that group doesn't look too active..but it's the only Auel/Earth's Children group I could find. Thanks! Sam

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Martinez | 3 comments Ooo! This will be fun! So we're starting Jan. 3? Are we going to "compare notes" too? Maybe like after every third chapter?

message 6: by Samatra (new)

Samatra Sounds like a good plan, Sarah--will perhaps make a discussion "link" for every third chapter, so people can weigh in. And yes, let's start around Jan 3. Will be fun. Thanks for joining! Sam

message 7: by Naz (new)

Naz (nazz) I really enjoyed reading the whole Earths Children series even though I did get a bit bored with the fourth one. However I noticed that very few people manage to go into Ayla's world and enjoy her story. Glad to see I'm not the only fan :)