Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Series Discussions > Weather Warden - Rachel Caine

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (QueenBitchelle) I thought it was a great series. Very fast paced. not a boring moment in any book. I read all 9 in about a week. There is a spin off series that I haven't started yet. But I have the first 2 books that have been published.

message 2: by Irene (new)

Irene Hollimon | 50 comments I read the first three. Actually, I thought they were pretty good. I stopped because I'm a vampire/werewolf girl and I was wanting some vampire/werewolf action.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (QueenBitchelle) I agree. But once I start a series, I have to finish it! Unless I can't stand it.

message 4: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider (bearmountainbooks) I read the first one. Not bad.

message 5: by Renee (ren213) (new)

Renee (ren213) | 3 comments I read them all and I love the series. I thought the last book was one of the best ends of a series I've read in a long time. The spin off is good, too.

message 6: by Lissa (new)

Lissa (parisbvamp) I've read most of them. Haven't read the last few. I think the one where I stopped is when she'd lost her memory or something along that line. They were pretty good.

message 7: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 31 comments I've read most of them but I was dissapointed in the last few. I think the story dragged on too long for me.

message 8: by Kerstin (new)

Kerstin I read the first one and quite enjoyed, but out of some reason haven't yet gone on with the series. I'm planning on getting onto it soon though.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 75 comments I read all of them and I couldn't get enough! I am now reading the spin off series Outcast Season which I also enjoy. I think I enjoyed it so much because, to me, it was very unique. I had never heard of or read a book that featured Djinn.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (QueenBitchelle) that's why I liked it Sarah. I started the Outcast Season, i got to the part where he takes her to his home in book one, and then one of the books I was waiting for came out, so I put outcast season down and haven't picked it back up yet. I will one day, but I keep finding stuff I want to read more.

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Brown (nickichicki) I have Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine on my bookshelf that i got from a book swap but have yet to read it. Glad to hear it's good though! I'll have to start it soon, maybe i should keep a couple more on hand if it's addicting...

message 12: by Sarah (last edited Jan 19, 2011 08:19AM) (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 75 comments Michelle wrote: "that's why I liked it Sarah. I started the Outcast Season, i got to the part where he takes her to his home in book one, and then one of the books I was waiting for came out, so I put outcast seaso..."

You should pick it back up! I couldn't put the first one down and the second one is just as good. The third one comes out Feb. 1st I think. :)

Nicole wrote: "I have Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine on my bookshelf that i got from a book swap but have yet to read it. Glad to hear it's good though! I'll have to start it soon, maybe i should keep a couple more o..."

I had to go to the library and request them after I read the first one! :) I think you'll enjoy it!

message 13: by Renee (ren213) (new)

Renee (ren213) | 3 comments After a while I did think that the series got a little...exhausting(?). It was like the characters got no down time and went from disaster to disaster to disaster. Some of the books were definitely better than others but as a whole I thought the series was awesome.

message 14: by Nora-adrienne (new)

Nora-adrienne (nora_adrienne) I read and enjoyed all the original series books. The spin off isn't available in my library system so they will have to wait.

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (QueenBitchelle) That's how I felt too Renee... Joanne NEVER got a chance to actually relax for more than 5 minutes. It was one thing after another!! But I did enjoy them. I havne't been able to get into the spin off series yet. I've tried a couple times, but each time I find something else that I would rather read. lol

message 16: by Betelgeuze (new)

Betelgeuze | 69 comments I've read the first book. I liked the magic system, Djinn and the story, but i did not like Joanne. I found her rather shallow.

message 17: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Ive read up to Windfall and agree with people that Joanne has no luck at all. Also everyone she meets happens to be drop dead gorgeous!

message 18: by Mina (last edited Oct 21, 2011 09:18AM) (new)

Mina Khan (spicebites) | 139 comments Ooh I love this series! It's so different from most of what is out there and I actually met the author and she's supernice.

I know what you mean about bookstores, but I usually find her books at conventions or online. :)

message 19: by Ladyacct (new)

Ladyacct | 65 comments Tried these but just couldn't get into them, but the Morganville books were good.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) I haven't yet, but they are in my huge TBR pile.

message 21: by Erin (new)

Erin (kanayamaryam) Ive never read it, but i would love to.

message 22: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I love this series! I'm a major science nerd so all the weather talk was right up my alley. I'm one of those people who watches the weather channel for the fun of it. For me weather is so visual so reading about the weather magic took me to my happy place, sitting watching storms and rain. :-)

message 23: by Mina (new)

Mina Khan (spicebites) | 139 comments Lol! I am a weather nerd & a djinn fan, so this was right up my alley too :)

You hear this writing advice over & over: Don't start with weather. It's boring.

But Ms. Caine is such a good storyteller that the weather is definitely alive & kicking in this series :)

message 24: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 468 comments I have all 9 but haven't read them yet :/ Whoops lol

message 25: by Cher (new)

Cher | 5 comments Is there romance in these books?

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) | 679 comments Loved Ill Wind, I'm a paranormal girl so anything paranormal related I'm good. :D

message 27: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Cher wrote: "Is there romance in these books?"

Yup! Lots actually, and it starts in book 1, unlike a lot of UF. And he's pretty hot if I do say so myself.

message 28: by Alvin (new)

Alvin | 41 comments I enjoyed the Weather Warden series...the weather bits appealed to my nonfiction taste, and the great characters made my fiction side happy.

Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ill Wind (other topics)
Windfall (other topics)