Chick Lit discussion

Switchcraft

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:37PM) (new)

Mary (marycastillo) Hi everyone! To celebrate the upcoming release of my book, Switchcraft, I wanted to share a review that blew me away.

This comes from the Midwest Book Review:

Unlike other body swap stories such as It's a Boy Girl Thing, Freaky Friday, Dream a Little Dream, Being John Malkovich, Vice Versa, or 18 Again Mary Castillo's new novel, Switchcraft is fresh, mesmerizing, and unmatched in what could have been a very derivative story in the genre.

Aggie and Nely, two life-long friends, accidentally switch bodies at new age spa while attempting to commune with Aggie's deceased mother. Aggie finds herself as a pudgy super-mom with an impossible, meddling mother-in-law from hell, and Nely finds herself in a sleek, single body with a failing business and a scary stalker. The two spend the next month realizing what they had and what they have lost biding their time until the guru can switch their consciousness's back to their own bodies.

Castillo's unique story is creative in that it deals with Latina peers and the culture of their machismo men. It is modern without being stereotypical. Fans of women's fiction will adore the very hot, erotic dream Nely has of her husband, Simon, and romantics will appreciate the way tough-guy Simon sees through the exterior of Aggie to find the soul of his wife, Nely. Castillo spends enough time creating three-dimensional Aggie and Nely characters that the reader feels a clear connection with both.

Castillo's book is smart, inventive, and an extremely satisfying read! She is also the author of Hot Tamara and In Between Men.

message 2: by Sarah A. (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:38PM) (new)

Sarah A. | 1 comments Wow, Mary! How exciting to get such a glowing review! I certainly look forward to reading your book now!