YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Games and Other Fun Things > What i got for the Holidays!!

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
okay so we alll got something for the holidays!!! what was your haul??? was it good bad so so???? tell us what you got what you still want and what you will absolutely die with out

message 2: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) OKAY. So for Christmas I got Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick Perchance to Dream (Théâtre Illuminata, #2) by Lisa Mantchev Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost Vampire Academy Box Set Books 1-4 by Richelle Mead and some others.

I still want more though, of course. Like I can't wait for The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa !!

message 3: by Catherine (last edited Dec 31, 2010 12:39AM) (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments I didn't get nearly enough books. lol Of course, if I got 30, I'd still think I needed 30 more.

I got these for Christmas:
Elixir (Elixir, #1) by Hilary Duff Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul Stories About Life, Death and Overcoming the Loss of a Loved One (Chicken Soup for the Soul) by Jack Canfield In Her Shoes (Movie Tie-In) by Jennifer Weiner The Ruins by Scott B. Smith The Road by Cormac McCarthy A Thousand Cuts by Simon Lelic I Thought You Were Dead by Pete Nelson Encountering Heaven and the Afterlife by James Garlow

Not nearly enough YA fiction... lol

(I am of course thankful for what I got!!! I'm just playing around...)

message 4: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I've been wanting to read Elixir.

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments Britnee Michaelis wrote: "I've been wanting to read Elixir."

I haven't read it yet, but I skimmed the first chapter a bit & it seems really well written.

message 6: by Alese (new)

Alese (ireadtoescapereality) | 63 comments @ britnee omg me too..
right now i am currently reading the 3rd installment of The TVD series

message 7: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Catherine wrote: "Britnee Michaelis wrote: "I've been wanting to read Elixir."

I haven't read it yet, but I skimmed the first chapter a bit & it seems really well written."

Awesome.

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) No one in my family really knew what to get me, so I got a nook color. =]

IT'S SO AWESOME!!! Although, I'll probably use my old one more since the back light on the nook color makes my brain hurt. -_-

message 9: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Dec 31, 2010 12:52AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Oooo nice! My bday is in Feb and I'm asking for one. At first I wanted the K3, but since I already own a Nook original it just makes more sense to have the two devices that are compatible with each other.

How's the web surfing on it?

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) You're gonna love it! It's super convenient to not have to use a book light for it, and the browsing is actually pretty seamless. Another gripe is that the battery runs down really fast.

Aside from the light, and the battery, I really like it a lot. OOH! And, it's touch screen!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I might like it for reading in bed, since the clip on light sort of annoys me on my Nook.

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Gawd, I have to constantly change the batteries on that thing. Plus, mine is all grossed up because my cat chewed on it.

The backlight on the nook color just makes me go cross eyed after a little while, unfortch.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Change batteries on the clip on light?

Yeah, I couldn't imagine doing any long term reading on a backlit screen. I'm way too in love with eink.

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) I've had to change the batteries on the clip on light like three times since I got it, which was probably like a year ago. Completely ridic.

Totally feeling you on the eink. I love the update that they recently came out with, where the page turns faster. =]

message 15: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i got a kindle with 3g wireless!!! i love love love it sooooo fircken awesome i got a but load of giftcards for Barns and Noble so i got
Sweep: Volume 1 (Book of Shadows; The Coven; Blood Witch) Vanished: Volume 1 (When Lightning Strikes & Code Name Cassandra) Matched (Matched #1) Crusade (Crusade, #1) Unearthly The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) lol i wish i had gotten more :( but still the books i got are aawesome

message 16: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Artemis wrote: "i got a kindle with 3g wireless!!! i love love love it sooooo fircken awesome i got a but load of giftcards for Barns and Noble so i got
lol i wish i had gotten more :( but still the books i got..."

You got cool books!! *So jealous*

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I got:

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling A Storm of Swords 1 Steel and snow (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) by George R.R. Martin Lenore Noogies by Roman Dirge Lenore by Roman Dirge Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward Uglies, The Collector's Set (Uglies, #1-4) by Scott Westerfeld The Heir Chronicles Box Set by Cinda Williams Chima The Last Kingdom (The Saxon Stories, #1) by Bernard Cornwell Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Ash by Malinda Lo A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin

The last four i already have so im getting Forsaken (The Demon Trappers, #1) by Jana Oliver , Fire (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, #2) by Kristin Cashore , Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward , Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward and Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward instead

message 18: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Britnee Michaelis wrote: " Artemis wrote: "i got a kindle with 3g wireless!!! i love love love it sooooo fircken awesome i got a but load of giftcards for Barns and Noble so i got
lol i wish i had gotten more :( but stil..."

lol thanks :)

message 19: by Camilla (last edited Dec 31, 2010 12:55PM) (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments Got Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead , Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead , Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead , Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead , Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead , Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead , and Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie . YAY!

message 20: by brittany (last edited Dec 31, 2010 01:00PM) (new)

brittany (cirilla) Camilla wrote: "Got Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead,Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead, Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead, Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead, Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead, [bookcover:Last Sacrifice..."

Awesome! I got the first 4 Vampire Academy for xmas but I already own the last 2.

message 21: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments My dad asked why I wanted them if I had already read them all already. I told him that I love them so much that I would read them at lest 500 more times before I die!

message 22: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Camilla wrote: "My dad asked why I wanted them if I had already read them all already. I told him that I love them so much that I would read them at lest 500 more times before I die!"

True that! I'm planning on reading them all again soon

message 23: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments Haha! Yeah! Righ after some others that are a must read for me:D

message 24: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Same ;D Or I might read them alongside others

message 25: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Louise wrote: "I got:

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling A Storm of Swords 1 Steel and snow (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) by George R.R. Martin Lenore Noogies by Roman Dirge [boo..."

DANG!!!!!! LUCKY!!!!!!!

message 26: by Saytchyn (new)

Saytchyn | 18 comments I'm learning Welsh, and my husband got me the first Harry Potter in Welsh. I can't wait to be able to read it.

message 27: by Sara706 (new)

Sara706 | 3 comments Meghann wrote: "No one in my family really knew what to get me, so I got a nook color. =]

IT'S SO AWESOME!!! Although, I'll probably use my old one more since the back light on the nook color makes my brain hurt...."

kindle will always be better white sucks black is awesome my dad wants the nook color because its touch screen and he was going to get it for me im like nooo way the touch screen makes it shiney

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Artemis wrote: "i got a kindle with 3g wireless!!! i love love love it sooooo fircken awesome i got a but load of giftcards for Barns and Noble so i got
lol i wish i had gotten more :( but still the books i got..."

Download a free program from the net called Calibre. It will let you convert books to your mobi format. Then grab the link that I'm about to send you.

message 29: by Sara706 (new)

Sara706 | 3 comments I HAVE A KINDLE 3G WIRELESS TO HI-5

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) It's really hard to compare Nook color and Kindle because they're used for different purposes. Nook color is meant more as a multi-purpose device and less for a dedicated ereader. Nook original and Kindle are comparable (both have eink) and are both good devices. I've used both.

I always tell people to go to a Best Buy and test drive them both. You may prefer the slimmer and lighter K3 for convenience, or you may prefer the touch screen and color covers on the Nook. It's just preference.

message 31: by Sara706 (new)

Sara706 | 3 comments i hate copycats

message 32: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) | 754 comments So I got some of the books I had ordered with Christmas money today. I got Solid by Shelley Workinger off of the goodreads.com book swap & I didn't realize that I actually bought it from Shelley herself. So I get my copy today & there is a note on the cover about how it's an ARC, but the only difference is that the typo corrections haven't been made yet. She autographed the book for me & sent me a bookmark too. So I thought that was pretty cool! Especially since I only paid $3.48 for it! I also got Disney After Dark by Ridley Pearson, which I realize is for younger teens, but I love anything that has to do with Disney theme parks... I have like, 20 more books on their way! I'm a happy camper. lol

Solid (Solid, #1) by Shelley Workinger Disney After Dark (The Kingdom Keepers, #1) by Ridley Pearson

message 33: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Stacia wrote: " Artemis wrote: "i got a kindle with 3g wireless!!! i love love love it sooooo fircken awesome i got a but load of giftcards for Barns and Noble so i got
lol i wish i had gotten more :( but sti..."

ohhh awesome!!!!