Best Teen Books discussion

eReaders

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandysconnected | 10 comments What do you think about eReaders? Do you have one? Want one? Are you loyal to your bookshelf only?

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimbeaumont) | 8 comments At this point, I'm loyal to my bookshelf. I like being able to pass a book on for someone else to enjoy. Also, I'm a middle/HS librarian and buy YA books that I can put in my library when I finish them.

message 3: by Smitha (new)

Smitha (embeddedinbooks) I have two- a touchscreen and non touchscreen one. The touch screen is easier to operate but the other one has more resemblance to book pages.
I love reading books as well as E Reader. I make the best of both

Sandysconnected | 10 comments I will admit, I was surprised at how shockingly similar to book pages that the pages on my Kobo looked...I thought, hey, maybe I can get used to this!

Kim, I was a librarian's page in school! Loved it!

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula Erickson | 1 comments I am also a HS librarian. I own a Nook (Barnes & Noble). I am looking to purchase a few for my library at school. I still read regular books, but like the ability to travel with a ton of books with it only taking up a small amount of space. I can also borrow books from my local public library on my Nook. This is a very nice feature.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 2 comments I really do not like electronic books. I'm only 15 years old, but I guess I'm kind of old fashioned that way, not giving into technology 24/7. I absoluetely love buying books and holding them in my hands and smelling the new pages. I know I'm kind of weird like that :)
I do understand all the perks of having something like a Kindle or whatever, but I'm too much of an old fashioned book lover to consider buying one. That's just my opinion.

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie | 4 comments I'm curious about e-readers but don't own one yet. I think it would be really advantageous to own one when going on vacations. I'm always afraid I'll run out of books and pack way more than I'll read. It would free up a lot of suitcase space to just have 5 books on an electronic device. :)

Sandysconnected | 10 comments Yeah, it does save a lot of space! Last year my MIL sold an early Kindle to my husband, and I read him the riot act because I thought "how lazy are we to not pack a book?" He didn't like it and returned it to her, and then in November, I got a Kobo through work. I sheepishly admit I love it! Of course he likes it, and now I just grin and say, "Are you glad we returned the Kindle?" hahahaha

message 9: by Lacie (new)

Lacie Solt | 19 comments I just got one for Christmas and it is so awesome, it's going to be my best friend for a long time now.