~Opinions~ discussion

Debates > Can You Go Too Far For Love?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 71 comments Just wondering at what you think , at what point does love turn in stupidity?, what boundries are you really not willing to cross for someone you love?

I'm starting this disscussion because I met an older lady (the mother-in-law of my dad's cousin) with a very interesting story: her family disowned her

*Now as an American I really can't feel what it must have been like due to the fact that I really hate nazis just like everyone else*

OK her father and three brothers were fighting in WWII but the family was from Cologne, Germany so they were fighting for the Germans.After the Allies win the war she falls in love with a US service man from San Antonio. They get married and she moves with him to Texas

Because of this her parents and siblings never contacted her again :(

What are your boundries, I personally would never let myself fall in love with a:
criminal or a person from a country the US was at wars with

message 2: by Emma (last edited Dec 31, 2010 06:06AM) (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Boundries... Hmm.. I don't care if it's a person from a country we're at war with, or one with another religion or political view.

There are, hiwever, a few things I would not do for love:
* I would not give up my friends and family.
* I would not give up the chance to have a career.
* I would not move to the other side of the earth, though a wouldn't mind another country in Europe.

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments Do you mean Career?

LoL my family lives everywhere.

message 4: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Depends, lol

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Ruby:)ForgetAboutTheSunshine wrote: "Do you mean Career?

Yeah, sorry :) It was pretty late.

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 529 comments Hahah okay :)

message 7: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 71 comments Emma, I was wondering what a "carrier" meant

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) ? I corrected that. I meant career

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Honestly, i wouldn't care what happened...as long as i was with the one i love, we would get through it together...

Though Emma makes good points...

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments exactly bros before hoes.. lol!!!!

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I have to say this though: If the person really loved me, he wouldn't make me give up my friends and family or my chance at a career. I might move to the other side of the earth with him, if he had a good reason though. But I still stand by never giving up friends/family/career. Also, I'd murder him if he tried to change the way I look.

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I think it depends on the situation, no way would i give up my friends and family etc if he just asked, but if my family were being unreasonable and not speaking to me for wrong reasons then i wouldnt give him up to suit them either.

message 13: by meri (last edited Jan 09, 2011 06:25PM) (new)

meri (meri_is_a_saltedfish) | 127 comments Lauren wrote: "I think it depends on the situation, no way would i give up my friends and family etc if he just asked, but if my family were being unreasonable and not speaking to me for wrong reasons then i woul..."

way to go Lauren...i completely agree. why would i give up my friends and family just for him and why would i give him up for my family and friends? both sides must understand that they are both important in my life...in everyone's life. if he broke your heart, you will run to your family and friends and if you had a misunderstanding with the members of your family and friends, you'll run to him. there are times when you want to have them both...

but often times they just hear what you're saying but they are not listening..

((just saying))

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments lol this reminds of what michael corleone says in godfather "Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you, but don't ever side with anyone against the family again, ever."
:P

message 15: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 71 comments Fariha wrote: "lol this reminds of what michael corleone says in godfather "Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you, but don't ever side with anyone against the family again, ever."
:P"

ya!