Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - Your Personal eReader > Magazines (or ezines) for the Nook

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lonnie (new)

Lonnie Does anyone read magazines on their Nook?

I have been tempted by the 14 day free trial but I went to see how much cheaper the Nook versions were than the paper copies and was astounded to see that I would have to pay 25 cents MORE per month (Ellery Queen magazine) to read the e-version than to have the paper copy mailed to me.

Has anyone found similiar?

message 2: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) I had a subscription to the New York Times Book Review but found it very awkward to read on the Nook and ended up cancelling it. My problem with it was the format. I don't read the NYTBR but tend more to browse through it, and the Nook isn't really good for that.

message 3: by Clare (new)

Clare (clarereads) But Dorie, that's the nook, not nookCOLOR, right?

message 4: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) Yep Clare, that's correct. I only recently saw the magazines for the Nookcolor, and they look much more readable. I just bought a Nookcolor and think I may try out one of their magazine subscriptions.

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie Wow... it is that much more expensive? The one magazine that looks really cool to me is Martha Stewart's magazine. Looks like they put a lot of work into their issues.

message 6: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Conn (cmconn) | 135 comments I have a subscription to the Atlantic on my Nook Tablet and it looks great. There is a pulldown for each article so you do not have to read tiny print.

message 7: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I love having magazines on my nook. And if you have the paper copy you can get it on your nook free. I have Entertainment weekly, and Southern Living. Southern Living does a great job. I have used the 14 day free trial to take a look at Martha Stewart Living and it's great on the nook.

message 8: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Conn (cmconn) | 135 comments I wrote earlier about reading The Atlantic on my nook. I found that it was really pretty but I didn't read it much. The print is so tiny and it's not as easy as reading a real magazine or even reading on the web. It might be better on a 9 inch HD+.