Darren Shan Fans discussion

Do you think The Demonata Series is similar to the Bible? (especially in the last book)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martin (new)

Martin Aguilar (domster007) | 73 comments No offence to the christians here..but it really does..especially in the last book....its like they are the trinity....
agree or disagree is up to u...just wondering if anyone notices it...

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) I haven't read book 10, and i'm sure Christians take no offense (What you said is true). I'm not sure really, but I personally dont think the rest of the series is like the bible at all except for in Bec when they mentioned Christians in a kinda harsh way... but its understandable at the time. OH, SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER, yes the whole trinity kah gash thing is similar

message 3: by Martin (new)

Martin Aguilar (domster007) | 73 comments Yay, thts why i said kinda the last book and some of the book 3 i think about bec or something....

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) book 3 was Slawter, book 4 was Bec. But I agree partially with the whole concept of the universe stuff and whatnot and the trinity

message 5: by Martin (new)

Martin Aguilar (domster007) | 73 comments ok..sorryz..thnx for the correction

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

agreed. i read it every night and pray to Darren Shan before I go to bed.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

jk but seriously

message 8: by Charlie4jesus (new)

Charlie4jesus | 1 comments SPOILERS INCLUDED

Definately. I think that was the point. One entity - the Kah Gash/God, three persons, Grubbs, Kernal & Bec/Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I'm not sure which protagonist is supposed to be who, but I'm sure Grubbs is supposed to be Christ and I think Kernal is the Father because he's male, and sometimes (wrongly) the Holy Spirit is seen as female, so Bec fits that part. Lord Loss is clearly supposed to be the devil at the end when he's the last demon master and all the lesser demons are under him. They created the universe and Grubbs said "Let there be light" and there was light lol. Clearly as a Christian, this intrigues me, and though it was a very nice twist and well thought out by Darren, you can understand why it's blasphemous (not just to Christians). But yeah, I think that was supposed to be the point, backed up by the bible quote on the very last line of the book series.

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) Exactley...it makes sense

message 10: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (abigail123) | 3 comments i think the last one was, bec and the kah gash also seemed sorta linked

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I STILL NEED TO READ THE LAST BOOK (so i didn't read these comments, I just wanted to say)