The Sword and Laser discussion

SF&F Books to be released on 2011

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alotor (new)

Alotor | 18 comments An interesting recopilation of books that are supposed to be released next year. There are some very anticipated (Dance with Dragons, The Wise Man's Fear, ...).

http://thewertzone.blogspot.com/2010/...

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 30, 2010 06:12AM) (new)

I can't decide if I want to get caught up on the Jean M. Auel Earth's Children series before the final book comes out.

message 3: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6375 comments Sfsignal had a post about it: http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2010...

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2898 comments I've only read the first Auel, but didn't realize the series was incomplete. It might be worth reading it all.

I'm happy to see that Martin decided he was our bitch after all. The mieville looks promising, and I'm intrigued by the Black Opera one, because I always try to read novels where music is the main theme.

message 5: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments I wouldn't count on Dance with Dragons. That was my most anticipated book of, IIRC, 2002, back when it was supposed to be the fourth book of the series, before he split it into A Feast for Crows.

As always my most anticipated book is the next Alastai Reynolds -- in this case, Blue Remembered Earth -- followed closely by the new Vernor Vinge.

message 6: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6375 comments George R. R. Martin won't finish Dance with Dragons, until he puts out another 100 short story anthologies.

message 7: by Alotor (new)

Alotor | 18 comments I'm a big GRR fan and I think (and hope) that on 2011 we will be dancing. Every blog post of Martin suggest that it's almost finished.

message 8: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments Honestly, even if DWD comes out, I won't be reading it. He's not getting any more of my money until he (and not Brandon Sanderson) finishes the series and I hear people saying, "That was an awesome ending."

message 9: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6375 comments I was at his site and it looks like there'll be a graphic novel version of GRRM's Fevre Dream

message 10: by Aeryn98 (new)

Aeryn98 | 175 comments I got an email from Amazon that they now had a release date for A Dance with dragons...December 2012

wah wah waah

But I am catching up on the Erikson books now to be prepeared for February..yay!