Freedom Fighters discussion

Tree house > Storeroom

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) | 1659 comments Mod
((one thing Arrowbird learned was to keep stock, so yeah everything is here!))

message 2: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

A GONG ECHOED THROUGH THE TREES SIGNALING AN ATTACK

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 1092 comments Mod
A round of arrows flew towards the base, making an arch and sticking in everything in their way. An arrow went through the wooden handle, sealing the room off temporarilly.

Another rally of arrows covered the base.

Silverwing put Midori in the Storeroom that also served as a jail for interrogating Firenation soldiers and now, traitors. He sat him in the seat and unbound his hands, only to clasp them to the arm rests of the chair. He did this with his feet to the legs as well, then sat down across from him. "What happened, Midori?" He asked sternly.

message 6: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

"Shadowslash attacked Kindleheart, and he wouldn't stop...I had to." he responded sadly, but truthfully.

Silverwing shook his head. "Don't lie to me, Midori. I don't have time. We both know that Heart could have easily taken Shadowslash down if she wanted to. There's no way she'd risk dying for the heck of it when she needed to protect her brother. And you're the only person she can't defeat. So tell me again, what happened?"

message 8: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

"It's. The Truth." Mirodi told him, squaring his shoulders, "I'm not lying."

Silverwing sighed and stood up. "When you're ready to admit to us, and obviously yourself, that you murdered Shadowslash and could have killed Kindleheart, you let me know. Otherwise, someone will come in every day to feed you twice a day and interrogate you once." He looked at Midori sadly. He wanted to trust his story was true, but the evidence just didn't match up. He shook his head and left him to think in the quiet of the room.

message 10: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Midori clenched his teeth, but settled his anger. He'd be proven right in due time. Good things come to those who wait.

Nightcry slipped in without Silverwing noticing and looked up at Midori with tears in his eyes. "Why's Reé sleeping in red?" He asked him, not wanting to admit that his sister might be dying.

message 12: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Midori looked up at the boy and sighed, "Someone attacked her. I promise she'll be okay. Alright buddy?" he gave a weak, but warming smile to the young boy.

Nightcry sat on the chair and pulled his knees to his chest. "Midi, can I sleep in here tonight. It's scary without Reé."

message 14: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

"Yeah, sure. I'm okay with that." Midori told him, then flexed his fingers, "I'm a little tied up though, but you can stay if you want."

Nightcry nodded. "I can't untie you. It's against the rules." He said, almost as if he were apologizing without saying sorry. He rested his head on his knees and looked at Midori. "So where's Shadowslash? You two always are together and stuff. Did he not visit you yet?"

message 16: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Midori lowered his eyes, "Nightcry...Shadowslash...won't, come and visit. He, he left." Midori explain gently. "He wasn't being kind, and he had to leave."

"But Shadowslash is always kind." Nightcry said. "He even was showing me how to sword fight. He said tomorrow we get to challenge Silverwing. He thinks I'm that good." He beamed. "So he has to come back."

message 18: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Midori shook his head, "No. I'm sorry. But he's not coming back."

Nightcry shook his head. "But why not? He promised last week. And with Reé asleep, I can't do anything."

message 20: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Midori swallowed, "Shadowslash left us, Nightcry. he went far, far away and isn't coming back." he relayed as gently as possible, "But Bladerunner could help you with your sword practice."

"Bladerunner doesn't want to. I asked him already." Nightcry said. "Shadowslash promised. And he never breaks his promise. He'll come back, you'll see!"

((And with that, I leave for bed.))

message 22: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

((Alright.))

Mindori swallowed hard, "Some promises have to be broken, but keep your spirits up little buddy, okay?"

"Silverwing said something about you hurting Reé. You didn't, right?" Nightcry asked quietly, understanding that Shadowslash wasn't coming back.

message 24: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

"No, I didn't hurt her. Shadowslash hurt her and it looked like I did, but I didn't." Midori told him.

"But why would Shadowslash hurt her?"

message 26: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Midori shrugged, "Not sure little man. He just did."

Nightcry looked down. "Kindleheart's hurt bad." He said. "Do you think Millturn will help her?"

message 28: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

"Yes I do. I think that Millturn will make her as good as new." Midori told Nightcry kindly.

message 29: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (last edited Jan 02, 2012 09:03PM) (new)

Nightcry nodded, then yawned. He'd been asleep before they had brought Kindleheart in. Now he was really tired from being woken up.
Unfortunately, his eyelids had just closed when Heart's scream ripped through camp and reached his ears. His eyes shot open again and he looked down, hating that his sister was in pain.

message 30: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Midori jumped a bit in his chair and pulled against his restraints in panick, then relaxed and tilted his head back.

Nightcry pulled himself into a tighter ball. "Why are they hurting her more?"

message 32: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Midori creased his brow, "Kindleheart hurt her shoulder, and it came out of place, so they probobly were just putting it back in place. It does hurt, a lot, but it's good for you and you feel a lot better afterwards."

Nightcry nodded in understanding. "Okay..." He murmured, going to sleep in the chair.

message 34: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Midori watched him for a while, then closed his eyes, planning his next move to prove his innocence.

The door to the store room opened and she slipped in, stealthy as always. Her blades gleamed in the slanted light from the moon as she closed the door behind her. She didn't look at his face. Couldn't. How dare he kill Midori. Her grip tightened. "You wanted me to speak? Well I'm speaking. And my words will be the last you hear. You don't deserve to have anyone listen to you. Not after what you tried to do to me and did to him." A tear slid down her cheek. She could only move one arm because of Shadowslash's dislocation of her shoulder. "It's not fair." She said, taking a step and making the light slide along the edge of her dagger. Her eyes stayed closed. "And now you'll share his fate." She raised her blade and began to bring it down towards Midori's chest.

message 36: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Midori blinked, who did that voice belong to? He was half asleep, so he couldn't tell at first. Then he quickly relized it was Kindleheart speaking.

Was she angry? With HIM? Maybe she had a fondness for Shadowslash after all, and now she wanted revenge. However, it was also possible he could talk her out of it, by telling the truth.

"It's gone you know." he finally said, his head still hanging, "My heart? I don't really have one. The Fire Nation beat you to tearing it out."

((Awwwwww.))

Kindleheart's grip on the handle tightened and her arm stopped. The point of the blade was inches from his chest. Slowly, she let the dagger drop from her hand, her eyes opening with the sound of the metal clattering against the floor. "Midori?" She asked quietly, then fell to her knees. "I-"

message 38: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

((Sad but true for him.))

Midori tried twisting his head around, but couldn't see her, "What is it? Kindleheart, what's wrong?"

Kindleheart shook her head. "Why are you in here?" She asked. She couldn't come to any sort of reason for why they wouldn't believe Midori. It just didn't make sense.

message 40: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

"Because apparently I attacked you and killed Shadowslash." Midori replied dryly, "Why are you in here?"

Kindleheart looked back at the door, then sighed. "To kill him." She said. "Or, in this case, kill you." She looked at her dagger, then grabbed it and slipped it into its sheath. She stood up and looked at his wrists, then shook her head and began untying him. She'd straighten things out.

message 42: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

"You'll get in trouble you know. No one believes me that Shadowslash is the one who attacked you." Midori told her, but relaxed his hands.

Kindleheart shrugged. Why wouldn't they believe her? She was the victim of it. Midori had saved her. Twice. She smiled a bit as the last rag came undone. She didn't even notice the smokey mist rolling in along the floor.

message 44: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Midori lifted hsi hands from the chair and rubbed his wrists, not noticing this mist either.

"I can't leave Kindleheart, it would just look like I really have done something wrong." he explained to her quietly.

Kindleheart took his wrist in her hand and pulled him a bit, signalling for him to get up. "They wouldn't believe me?" She asked. She heard shouting from outside and turned to see the mist rising higher. Before she could react, she'd breathed in enough for the chemical to effect her. She reached out for the nearest thing, which happened to be the wall and leaned against it, already sliding down it as the drug in the mist made her muscles weak and her eyes close. "Midori.... what's happening...?"

message 46: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Midori tried to answer, but he was coughing to hard. Stepping back, he hit a wall and slid down against it, trying to pull his shirt up so he wouldn't breath in the..whatever it was too much. It made him weak, and tired, but he HAD to fight against it, but the more he tried, the worse it got.

Kindleheart's eyes closed and she fell to the floor, her hand reaching out to him but going limp as soon as her body hit the wood. The mist thickened and covered her body.
A silhouette appeared in the doorway.

message 48: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Midori attempted to fight teh over-whelming feeling, but it was trying ti fight firee with a single balde of grass, so eventually, he had to go under the waves of unconsiousness.

((So.... where should we rp at?))

message 50: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

((*shrugs*))

« previous 1