Robin Hood Fans discussion

Introduce Yourself here!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

Redwallcrazy (redwallcrazybigkotfan) | 858 comments Mod
Hello! and Welcome to Robin Hood Fans. My name is Redwallcrazy, but you can call me Redwall or Red if you like. I just realized right now that we didn't have a discussion where you could indroduce yourself, so i apologize for the inconveince.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Hi my name is Elizabeth. I live on a farm in IL, with my three siblings, two goats, a dog, and four cats and five mice not to count the numerous chickens and geese. I am homeschooled by my loving parents and two of my greatest interests are medical herbs and the medieval ages. I also enjoy reading, drawing, sewing, spinning, farm animals and playing the piano. I love my savior, Jesus Christ!!!

My favorite character from Robin Hood is Robin, duh!

message 3: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

~Jesus Saves~ (Elizabeth) wrote: "Hi my name is Elizabeth. I live on a farm in IL, with my three siblings, two goats, a dog, and four cats and five mice not to count the numerous chickens and geese. I am homeschooled by my loving p..."

*gasp* I didn't know you spun!! I want to learn how to do that soooooo bad! lol

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Yeah...its cool. Really fun to do. I'd love to be able to do it at historical reenactments and stuff like that. Might be able to if we ever move to KY.

message 5: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

You're moving?

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Hopefully if we have enough money to buy a house down there. We're looking at this place right now.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/700...

I don't know if you've ever heard, but we want to start a place where ppl with special needs can come for vacation with their families. Called Hopeful Farm.
It would be so cool. I could do historical reenactments in the long cabin with my spinning wheel.

message 7: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

That sounds cool, and yay, I've heard of Hopeful Farm. My uncle is mentally disabled and my grandma sometimes talks about going there.

message 8: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

I had better get off now, there are things I want to do yet this evening, if you know what I mean. Ah! I can't believe I have been on here for 2 hours!! Where did all that time go!! Ah!!

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Oh really, well I'll have to tell you when its up and running.

Ok, bye then. Ttyl!

message 10: by Hannah, I love our RP. It is so awesome (new)

Hannah | 701 comments Mod
Hey! I'm Hannah, been here for a while. I live in California, I love Books, and writing fictional stories. I love singing and my dream is to be a Broadway actress. I am also Christian

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Hi Hannah!

message 12: by Hannah, I love our RP. It is so awesome (new)

Hey Again!

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Again, lol!

message 14: by Hannah, I love our RP. It is so awesome (new)

LOL! (Hey I just realized I'm a mod, Thanks!)

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Yeah, Red made you one.

message 16: by Hannah, I love our RP. It is so awesome (new)

(Thx!)

message 17: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

Hey Hannah! You're totally welcome! Oh, and we only live a state apart! I live in OR.

message 18: by Hannah, I love our RP. It is so awesome (new)

Cool!

message 19: by The (new)

The Pyromaniac00 (pyromaniac00) HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH!!!!!

message 20: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

Happy b-day! Or late b-day now.

message 21: by Hannah, I love our RP. It is so awesome (new)

:D Thanks Redsies! It was on the 5th. So only a couple days ago

message 22: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

Lol, sorry, I wasn't on, I don't think so anyway, lol. Robyn was over at my house for a couple of months and she left yesterday, so the few days before she left we were trying to spend as much time together as possible. Now I really miss her and am moping, but I'm getting better, I was able to reply to her e-mails without crying. :)

message 23: by Hannah, I love our RP. It is so awesome (new)

It's not prob. Oh fun. :D I totally get it. I don't get months at a time. Lucky. :D I get a few days...or a week.

message 24: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

Lol, you never realize how close you get to a person after a couple of months until they have to leave suddenly, y'know.

message 25: by Hannah, I love our RP. It is so awesome (new)

Yeah. My cousin and I are close. It would fun to have months together. :D

message 26: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

Lol, it was!! It's just amazingly harder to see them go after you've had all that time to bond, y'know what I mean?

message 27: by Hannah, I love our RP. It is so awesome (new)

I bet. I know what you mean. :D

message 28: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

Anyway, how's life with you?

message 29: by Hannah, I love our RP. It is so awesome (new)

It's going good.

message 30: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

Well, that's good! It's always good to be good!

message 31: by Hannah, I love our RP. It is so awesome (new)

Yeppers.

message 32: by Nüll (new)

Nüll (westmoure) Did I ever introduce myself?? Guess not. Well I'm Nadd. That's all that need be said.

message 33: by Olene (new)

Olene Quinn | 2 comments Hello all. I'm Olene Quinn. I love Robin Hood so much I wrote a 474 page novel based on the legends. I'm glad I found this community. Nice to meet you all.

message 34: by Hannah, I love our RP. It is so awesome (new)

Hey guys! Welcome

message 35: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

Welcome welcome welcome!

message 36: by Michael (new)

Michael Conner (SirMichaelOConner) | 1 comments Good day! I am Sir Michael O'Conner of Normanshire! Seriously though I am a huge fan of anything Robin Hood and hope to gain some friends and advice on books to read!

message 37: by Lanie (new)

Lanie (Sherwood1192yahoocom) | 2 comments hi. i hope someone sees this and the group starts up. i don't think anyone's been on it for a while. :( SAD FACE! well, my name is Lanie and i am obsessed with alything to do with Robin Hood, and more specifically, Guy of Gisbounre. XDXDXDXD! I have 39 different fictional hood books, and according to my BFF Skyler, that prooves i have a problem. :D i love animals, reading and writing, horror movies, and drinking coffee much to late at night. some one be active in the group again! PLEASE! Need fellow hoodies!

message 38: by Malcolm (new)

Malcolm Noble Hi I'm Malcolm. As Lanie says this groups needs more folk. I was born in ..... Nottingham. My family can be traced back to RH country in 14th century. Much prefer the older sources, especially the ballads and the arguments about was he/wasn't he? My favourite Hood book is the one by J C Holt. About 30 years ago my wife had to suffer my robin hood year when I visited too many sites mentioned in the ballads or with RH place names. True devotion .... on her part!

message 39: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Anne | 5 comments Hi! My name is Carissa, and Lanie is actually my little sister :D HI LENNIE LOO! I actually haven't read that much Robin Hood literature, but I've watched a lot of the shows and movies (including my obsession with BBC's Robin Hood which I mayyyy have watched up to five times...)! And since my sister owns so many of the books, I should be able to read more this summer. I love writing short stuff, going to the movies, reading, playing the clarinet, and twirling rifle and flag! Well, that's about all for now... And with that, I must say, Hoodies Unite! WE ARE ROBIN HOOD!

message 40: by Redwallcrazy, Ruler of Supreme Coolness, lol! (new)

Hi Lanie, Malcolm and Carissa!! Sorry no one has been active lately!! I think all our former members are older goodreads members and suddenly got lives after senior year or something. IDK. How are you guys doing?!

message 41: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Anne | 5 comments I'm good :) Not been doing much this summer. Pretty relaxed. But I have read a couple Robin Hood books! I read Will In Scarlet and Robin Hood Vs. The Plague Undead. Both good :) How about you?

message 42: by Lanie (new)

Lanie (Sherwood1192yahoocom) | 2 comments I'm great! :D YAY! people are active again! :) :) :)

message 43: by Geoff (new)

Geoff | 8 comments Greetings fellow Hoodies. Longterm fan of things RH, even that last BBC series. My gateway was Disney's 1973 movie - you know, the one where RH is a fox...
I live in the 'burbs of Melbourne, Aust. and I look forward to this group sparking up!

message 44: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Anne | 5 comments Hi Geoff! Nice to see more people on the pages! I love Disney Robin Hood! It's one of my faves! But my absolute favorite is BBC's Robin Hood! It's what started my whole obsession :-) Who's you favorite gang member on the show? Or in general?

message 45: by Geoff (new)

Geoff | 8 comments Thanks Carissa.
Favourite? Definitely RH but in terms of the BBC series, I think Allan was probably the most interesting Merrie.

message 46: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Anne | 5 comments Me too :-D His character is definitely more interesting and developed than most of the others! If you haven't already, you should read Outlaw by Angus Donald. It's a great Robin Hood book, but it's told from the POV of Allan Dale. It's easily one of my favorites :-)

message 47: by Geoff (last edited Jul 21, 2014 03:25AM) (new)

Geoff | 8 comments Why isn't there a thread for fave RH book?

I was impressed with Outlaw (The Outlaw Chronicles, #1) by Angus Donald - I liked Donald's 'RH as Godfather' take. I was less than impressed when ... was added in later novels. That said, Donald does write an exciting adventure. I've just started his latest in the series The Iron Castle (Outlaw Chronicles) by Angus Donald .

message 48: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Anne | 5 comments No spoilers! :-) I haven't started the second one yet! They didn't have it at our local bookstore. But I really did find the Godfather theme very intriguing! 8) Very different from the other few novels I've read.

message 49: by Geoff (new)

Geoff | 8 comments OOops... sorry.

message 50: by G.K. (new)

G.K. Werner (gkwerner) Hi folks!

I've been a RH fan since childhood when my Yorkshire relatives took me to Sherwood Forest (what's left of it), Nottingham and other places. I've taught the ballads and the tradition my whole career.

Wish I found this group sooner, and I apologize that you are getting this news a little late, but my Robin Hood book, ROBIN OF LOCKSLEY is on sale for 99¢
now through December 12, 2014.

Looking forward to discussions with everyone here. What a great opportunity for RH enthusiasts.

Robin of Locksley Tales of Robin and Marian by G.K. Werner

Robin Hood and Maid Marian—what is the truth behind the legend?

Robin's and Marian's lives intertwine, unbeknownst to them. But just when they are about to meet, Robin is outlawed for a crime he did not commit (as opposed to the one he did), and Marian slips away from her guardian, the Sheriff of Nottingham, to avenge her parents' deaths.

Robin and Marian – the traditional tales as they've never been told before.

« previous 1